Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Even though the merge happened it is only a portion of Phoenix not her true form, similar to a avatar.
    (0)

Erm, I think it implied that it was her true form, she actually died, but then chose to merge instead. As for summoning the katana, she left the katana when she died.
    (0)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tohihroyu View Post
    If anything I'd rather travel to the far east to get her, not just climb to the top of a tower or something. (or go to a repaint area >_>)
    I will be willing to give up any hope of getting any more new Avatars if SE gives us a real Far East with a CoP-like storyline where we can adventure in (none of these Abyssea/WoE/VW zones please though).
    (1)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Wow, I'm so glad no one foolishly used the Fenrir defense.
    (0)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightshadow View Post
    Even though the merge happened it is only a portion of Phoenix not her true form, similar to a avatar.
    Problem 1:

You are implying that a "portion" of Phoenix's clearly weakened form was still enough to stand up to Bahamut's attack. And, of course, since this wasn't the "real" Phoenix, there'd be no need for this Avatar to "return to Planet the Mothercrystal" to begin with.

Problem 2:

Even if what you said were true, harnessing that portion of Phoenix's power required the wholesale slaughter of tens of thousands of innocents. What you're asking for would require a serious body count, basically doing Bahamut's job for him.
    (0)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    Problem 1:

You are implying that a "portion" of Phoenix's clearly weakened form was still enough to stand up to Bahamut's attack. And, of course, since this wasn't the "real" Phoenix, there'd be no need for this Avatar to "return to Planet the Mothercrystal" to begin with.

Problem 2:

Even if what you said were true, harnessing that portion of Phoenix's power required the wholesale slaughter of tens of thousands of innocents. What you're asking for would require a serious body count, basically doing Bahamut's job for him.
    Shsss! Stop speaking logic. No one here seems to care that bahamut and phoenix are nothing more than plot devices.
    (0)
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    ummmmm i dont remember selthus EVER merging with phoenix >_> its been a long time since i did COP so i could be wrong....
    and i think tenzen's country did it wrong.. taking life shouldnt invoke the power of an avatar that is meant to bring life......
    (0)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by hideka View Post
    ummmmm i dont remember selthus EVER merging with phoenix >_> its been a long time since i did COP so i could be wrong....
    and i think tenzen's country did it wrong.. taking life shouldnt invoke the power of an avatar that is meant to bring life......
    Bahamut destroy's Tenzen's sword, which released the little essence of Phoenix left. Instead of her going back to the mother crystal, she gave her power to Selthus instead.

And if you what Tenzen's country wrong, look at the suffering Odin called and what both he and Alexander inflicted to those over Aht Urghan.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Sun.
    Why dose pheonix have to be terrestrial and not celestial?
    (0)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by hideka View Post
    The ending cutscene of "One to be Feared," the Omega/Ultima fight. The Jeuno airship fleet comes to Bahamut. Prishe tries talking sense to him, but he's being a jerk as always. You speak, Bahamut suddenly recognizes (what we later learn to be) the light of the crystals in you, and readies Gigaflare/whatever to kill you. Phoenix intervenes, using the last of her power to protect you and your light from Bahamut's attack. Afterward, Phoenix is seen on her way back to the nearest crystal, "returning to the light of the crystals" like all dead things, when Selh'teus intercepts her and suggests his Modest Proposal.

From then on, Selh'teus has pretty, pretty wings.

The entire point of the Phoenix, the bird that is reborn from its own ashes, is the cycle of death and rebirth. And for the rebirth of Phoenix in FFXI, it takes the deaths of many mere mortals to balance thing out.

That cycle was then broken when Phoenix's light never actually got back to the crystals, as mentioned above.
    (0)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast