Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Character
    Rivicus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by lorzy View Post
    a rdm spamming cure 3 and 4 is not going to cure for as much as a blu using pleniune and c4/magic fruit. when mobs can deal 2000 damage, and players have enough hp to not be one-shotted by it, cures 3 and 4 don't really cut it. and i assume they meant that with all the cure potency rdm has access to, c4 can outdo magic fruit (i don't know if this is true). when you're speaking specifically about a job's healing capability, i don't see how the fact that they're both hybrid jobs is relevant at all.
    Yeah, I said that. blu outheals a rdm. it always has in terms of per-cure casting. The reason that being a Hybrid is important is the thing most people don't seem to get. especially when comparing the blu style to the rdm style for healing. Blu is severely limited by there spell setups while rdm can still cast all of there spells regardless of there setup.

saying that "it's not the job thats broke, it's Abyssea" means nothing. it's already painfully obvious why rdm isn't useful in abyssea. however, pointing out rdm's shortcomings in an area where refresh is not important does not make the job any more useful. if the content that everyone wants to do is in abyssea, and rdm is useless in abyssea, then rdm is useless for the vast majority of what people want to do.
    So stating an important point in an argument is useless now? It seems that rdms are complaining more then any other job. There are alot more jobs then just rdm that are suffering due to the way the game is now. Look at pld, drk, sam as well who are not as sought for there once strong role, if any at all. The end line is, quite literally, Abyssea is broken.

i still have my rdm always geared, but it's mostly because i prefer to play rdm in dynamis, where cure 4 is still sufficient to main heal, and i can nuke too. as far as cures, go, i think having a full blown cure V would make whm a lot less useful outside of abyssea, but it's also ridiculous that the highest cure tier rdm gets is the same as any job that subs whm.
    I can agree with you on this point. Rdm is still useful as a healer outside of abyssea. And at the same time giving rdm cure V would probably kill whm of its role outside of abyssea or at least minimize it. I personally don't believe we need cure V, we just need a new role identity and situations that call for it.
    (0)

Character
    Rayik
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    I'm excited to see what this "Voidwatch" has in store. By taking it back out of Abyssea, it drastically removes the godhood status of some jobs, since there's no atma. I want to be there to see those first Voidwatch battles, when the WHM's run out of MP throwing Cure VI all over the place, and draw agro like crazy, not having Allure and MM atmas for enmity reduction or refresh. Watching them desperately ride their /rdm Convert timer while we sit back and clean up the mess.

Refresh II? {You can have this.}
    (0)

Until the Voidwalker NMs are immune to enfeebles and people realize that 2 White Mages are actually better for Mp/time then White Mage +Red Mage unlike at 75 where MP was difficult to get and pretty much the only way to get it was refresh.

Yeah, White Mages won't have their crack atma but with /rdm which gives them refresh and convert they have miles more efficiency then they did before and people should realize pretty quickly that unless your white mage is gimpy as hell and has less then 800 MP adding another white mage will do more then adding a red mage.

The only place we really specialize in outside of abyssea is being the refresh whore for an entire party of MP users.
    (0)

Character
    Kuvo
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I'm not sure what they have in store for the voidwatch but i hope they add them to areas like sky and sea and higher level areas that have become dead since abyssea. Similar to how they reused the beginning areas with abyssea. But i also think with the voidwatch areas they are working on starting the skillchains up again to make things more fun outside of abyssea. Either way I can't wait to see what SE has in store for lvl 99 content since all the land HNMs and even gods at lvl 99 are going to be cake. (some are now at 90).
    (0)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9