Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Blu and blm can survive multiple mobs hitting them at once. Both jobs easily out nuke or out DPS rdm, your blu/blms must not be very good I'm sorry to say. Charged Whisker/Thermal Pulse Etc. easily compare to AE, blm can simply drop aga/aja spells.
    (0)

Player
    outnuke, yes (unless you're counting us using 2 hour, then nothing can compare), outDPS (melee)... no. BLM melee sux. RDM can pull slightly ahead of BLU if you can offhand a KC, but in the absence of that, RDM and BLU are going to be tied with both going Almace/OA2-4, with 15% magic haste and 25% equip haste.
    (0)

Player
    Solo blm only needs to melee long enough for pearl kill so don't see how that matters? Aside from enspells which don't add much to overall damage inside Abyssea (KC notwithstanding) Blu easily has superior melee and WS gear over Rdm, don't see how you're calling it tied. Both jobs can outnuke Rdm inside if so inclined.
    (0)

Player
    what is this superior gear you speak of over RDM, the only piece i'm aware of is epona's ring.
    (0)

Player
    Empyrean Armor, Homam, Loki's, Twilight Belt, Alcide's Set, Ocelot. Not to mention higher skill, settable DD traits, Ease of capping haste as well. haven't seen up to date Blu lately so hammering out set versus best Rdm can do which I already have calculated to see just how disparaging the difference is.
    (0)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 03-14-2011 at 06:24 AM.

6. 03-14-2011 06:20 AM

Player
    if you look at the blu gear you listed... it's mostly acc based... since when is acc a problem. Twilight Belt... well 2% DA i will give you that. Like i said, both get 25% equipment haste. So BLU will pull slightly ahead with the higher skill, epona's, and twilight, unless the rdm can offhand a KC.
    (0)

Player
    What? Head and Legs also give str/skill, and Accuracy isn't as autocapped as you might think in abyssea, attack certainly isn't. Blu is handily beating Rdm in both of these fields before gear, which blu has the advantage in. Rdm either requires ASA legs to cap haste, or +1 Dusk in addition to Vbelt/lolninurta's with Nash legs.
    (0)

I know abyssea tends to give a lot of accuracy, but we still only have a D in club. I really can't see how the misses and DPS (KC averages at under 10 DPS) loss from the offhand swings using a KC will beat a Joy or a Khanda.
    (0)

Player
    you're forgetting atma of the omnipotent, not only does it make capping equipment haste easy, it also gives a great boost to Chant du Cygne damage
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersun View Post
    I know abyssea tends to give a lot of accuracy, but we still only have a D in club. I really can't see how the misses and DPS (KC averages at under 10 DPS) loss from the offhand swings using a KC will beat a Joy or a Khanda.
    280 skill for rdm. add in some acc food. you're not going to be missing much with the acc gear stacked on top. and if you add in club merits, even more so. Also don't forget all the DEX boost adding acc from cruor/atma.
    (0)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast