Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gravity II

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Based off Gravity 1, this news is lack luster. Based off a wild assumption that they will change the intended use of Gravity 2, it could be good. But that is assuming pretty much everything.

You can still be positive about it, but i understand people complaining already.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadax View Post
    SE has a knack for underplaying cool stuff. Remember how we moaned about En2 spells and Composure? Now they are a melee RDM's best friend.

Not saying this won't suck, but I'm willing to wait until we see it used practically before completely writing it off.
    Wow I wish I could convince myself you were being sarcastic. But I'm pretty sure you think enspell 2s are good. You are shared in this opinion by no one, if I'm not mistaken.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Enspell II's completely sucked, they sucked at 75 and they've only sucked more since then. If SE would of just made them Enspell 1 x 2 potency on all hits, THEN they would of been awesome, but instead they tried to make them into some sort of enfeebling item, except their only -10, not worth it. That and their in the wrong order, Enwater II should of gave the monster -30 resist to water and so forth, not thunder.

Composure is pretty amazing, makes self buffing ridiculously easy, the accuracy puts us at the same level as A- users.

Put as for Gravity II .. seriously it's gonna suck. Calling it right now. SE will allow us to land it on "lower" NMs that we TP burn in minutes but make the super NM's completely immune to it. Also it's going to have a really REALLY short duration just like Gravity 1. NM's will build resistance to it so for those NM's that it lands on, it'll only land a few times before the NM becomes immune.

The whole reason we don't use gravity to lower the monsters evasion is the duration, its 30s tops, most likely 10~15s. And that's assuming it even lands on the NM in the first place. It could be -1024 evasion, still wouldn't mean jack sh!t if it only lasts 10~15s and can only be applied a few times to monsters we have 95% accuracy on anyway.

BAD IDEA SE.
    (0)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Man this thread is like shooting the messager before they even get out of the car to walk up to the door.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Movement speed is nice, shame they've broken Phalanx II. You cast it and it wears off before it even finishes casting.

Also every NM I tried resisted it completely.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 11-19-2011 at 01:09 AM.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    Man this thread is like shooting the messager before they even get out of the car to walk up to the door.
    It's because we have experience with these sorts of things. SE didn't just spend the last few years making RDM unable to solo anything to change that suddenly. Gravity lowers NM's movement speed making it ridiculously easy to kite / nuke. To prevent this SE makes it so NM's either outright resist Gravity (100% resist rate), that it lasts an incredibly short duration (5s), and that it'll only land twice per fight (building resists). These combined make Gravity useless as a spell, and nothing about Gravity II changes this, thus logic says Gravity II will be equally useless. ~IF~ it lands, then it'll only last a few seconds and you'll only be able to land it a few times.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm actualy quite looking forward to mobs moving even slower. Just don't give it an ass timer like drain II. -_-
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    I'm actualy quite looking forward to mobs moving even slower. Just don't give it an ass timer like drain II. -_-
    Except they won't move slower, it'll be resisted lol.
    (1)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    It's because we have experience with these sorts of things. SE didn't just spend the last few years making RDM unable to solo anything to change that suddenly. Gravity lowers NM's movement speed making it ridiculously easy to kite / nuke. To prevent this SE makes it so NM's either outright resist Gravity (100% resist rate), that it lasts an incredibly short duration (5s), and that it'll only land twice per fight (building resists). These combined make Gravity useless as a spell, and nothing about Gravity II changes this, thus logic says Gravity II will be equally useless. ~IF~ it lands, then it'll only last a few seconds and you'll only be able to land it a few times.
    Everything you said I agree with, My point was "RDM's as group are saying, don't come at me with that crap if it doesn't work" Because your just pissing us off" Didn't quite word it right, my bad.
    (0)

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'd equate it more to stockholders finding out Apple is going to be developing an expensive high-tech typewriter.

En2 spells...are a melee RDM's best friend.
    Wut?
    (3)
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast