Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Gravity II

The name of the spell is of little consequence. I didn't specifically call it "float" because it, well, wouldn'tmake you float in the air.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They could also make a spell that rains cats and dogs which do their thing all over the enemy until it runs away.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    They could also make a spell that rains cats and dogs which do their thing all over the enemy until it runs away.
    Whatever floats your boat.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    wouldn'tmake you float in the air.
    It could, how hard would it be to make the character hover a tiny bit above the ground? Third person view wouldn't even have to change (although for Tarutaru it should change, and Tarutaru should float higher above the ground like the TT ark angel).
    (1)

It is extremely unlikely because like no other status effect in the game has any visible effect on your character. Except like Terror.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    any visible effect on your character
    I was gonna say Invisible, but... does that count as a visible effect?

Anyways, there are plenty of things that elevate characters, and I've seen Tarutaru somewhat float off objects at times. The way mobs can fly for example, helps support the thought that this might be possible.
    (0)

It is extremely unlikely because like no other status effect in the game has any visible effect on your character. Except like Terror.
    Well, when you cast Diabolos, Shiva, Garuda, Ifrit, Leviathan & Ramuh, they float when you cast em and stay that way.
    There's also Haste Samba that appears on your character. There are those few pieces of armor that continuously flicker that shiny light off of them.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    I was gonna say Invisible, but... does that count as a visible effect?

Anyways, there are plenty of things that elevate characters, and I've seen Tarutaru somewhat float off objects at times. The way mobs can fly for example, helps support the thought that this might be possible.
    Oh, i'm not arguing against it being possible. I'm just entirely unconvinced that the dev team would bother to code something like that into the game, when they don't even make our characters shut their eyelids when we're slept. Not this late in the game's life cycle at least. Also, it would look silly to still be affected by ground-based spells like quake when you're hovering above ground .

As for the invisible effect, you kinda got me there. It's a bit different though, because it's not really a change in animations or textures, just a change in transparency settings. That, and it's been coded into the game from the beginning of.

Quote Originally Posted by Juri_Licious View Post
    Well, when you cast Diabolos, Shiva, Garuda, Ifrit, Leviathan & Ramuh, they float when you cast em and stay that way.
    There's also Haste Samba that appears on your character. There are those few pieces of armor that continuously flicker that shiny light off of them.
    Haste samba isn't a continuous visual effect that's on a character either. It's just a normal effect just like for example the protect or shell animation, except it's being played back each time you swing your weapon. As for avatars, again, I never argued that it was impossible, just that I doubt such a change will be made at this time.

I don't really see how flickering lights on armor is relevant to this. The way that effect is generated is in no way similar to how you'd make a character float.

But sure, it would be cool if SE actually bothered to make negative status effects be visible on our characters. Something like the classic bubbling poison icon over our heads when we're poisoned, the "protect" barrier lighting up when we got hit, etc. All of those are things I really think is lame that aren't in the game. I mean, you had those things even on PS1 games, would it take that much of a toll on the PS2 to have them?
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirage; 11-27-2011 at 11:59 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Those avatars are never seen standing on the ground in the first place. It's just how their animations work. It's not some special effect that's making them float. They always float.
    (0)

Chocobo Whistle?
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4