Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    We knew about that entire update well before they posted it. There will be many more updates for the changes on the rise to 99.
    (0)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Taint2 View Post
    We knew about that entire update well before they posted it. There will be many more updates for the changes on the rise to 99.
    Which will Include giving DRK Clear Mind, Auto Regen I, and Max MP boost.

BLU now has Bloodrake which is far superior to NV + Drain II, and Absolute Terror in top of their 500 other stuns.

Both of these spells are very potent and are not flops, they easily do what is advertised to formidable monsters.

But:

STUN II - NUP.
    DRAIN III/ASPIR III - NUP.

.-. It blows one's mind just thinking about it.
    (4)
    Last edited by Urteil; 11-19-2011 at 03:59 AM.

Character
    Darkchris
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Fuck it. That is about what i have came to the conclusion of thinking about them doing anything remotely good for dark other than jacking up everything else 10x as much.
    (3)

Player
    I don't think just a fist will do enough damage to make Scarlet Delirium really work for you.

Maybe try a stick with an agitated badger taped on the end?
    (3)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoLionheart View Post
    Normally I'm pretty pessimistic regarding drk and it's updates. But, I strongly believe as far as job adjustments go, there are still more notes to be released.
    this was just the first wave of notes. there will undoubtedly be more over the next 6 months.
    (0)

Character
    Spiritreaver
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    So BLU is the whipping boy this week? Sweet, i'll just slap a picture of an ominous Immortal on my 'Let's hate ____! ' updateable riot sign....

Seriously, BLU gets new spells almost every update. Its what the job is all about. Going out and dying umpteen million times trying to get more spells that are mostly diluted to hell from what the mobs actually cast on us.

The vast majority of BLU spells are

1) Only ever set for gimmicky traits that are beaten by simply subbing the jobs they mimic

2) Awesome in theory, but are impractical to reliably use or plain suck

3) Were given to the job to keep BLUs thinking they got something every update while in reality the job was just like most most other DDs(ie. Not WAR, MNK, or SAM)

Any BLU really trying to up his game is trying to unlock Chant du Cygne. Which imo brings up a point that SE really needs to address for DRK-Torcleaver and Quietus.

Personally SE would be forgiven alot in my book if my Quietus could naturally crit. Well that and if they would rethink the lvl 95 upgrade trial. not digging being stuck at lvl 90 on my weapons.
    (1)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Crit weaponskills does not a good DRK make.

In application or in theme.

I get the feeling that everyone who thinks BLU spells suck is seriously rolling around with people terrible at the job, the BLU's in my LS use their spells to great effect and have a unique, diverse fun job to play:

That can deal respectable damage.
    Stun better than any job alive.
    Support heal, even main heal low man if needed.
    Support Debuff removal.
    And solo things DRK could never dream of.
    Bring vast utility to a party endeavor.
    (1)
    Last edited by Urteil; 11-19-2011 at 07:06 AM.

Character
    Limlight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    sudden lunge is still broken as hell, gotta give that to blu's along with a bunch of stuff. Great job for cleaving etc, they really shine in abyssea. Outside just a proc job tbh.

I'll continue to preach about patience and see where that gets me, 99 relics might be monster and if they are then with LR buff I won't care too much about much else.

One thing that really bugs me is our 2 hour, I've believed that it's needed changing for more than a few years (even back during kraken zergs I still didn't like it as a 2hour).
    (2)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dart View Post
    sudden lunge is still broken as hell, gotta give that to blu's along with a bunch of stuff. Great job for cleaving etc, they really shine in abyssea. Outside just a proc job tbh.

I'll continue to preach about patience and see where that gets me, 99 relics might be monster and if they are then with LR buff I won't care too much about much else.

One thing that really bugs me is our 2 hour, I've believed that it's needed changing for more than a few years (even back during kraken zergs I still didn't like it as a 2hour).
    DRK achieving maximum effect with a club is retarded.
    (1)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritreaver View Post
    So BLU is the whipping boy this week? Sweet, i'll just slap a picture of an ominous Immortal on my 'Let's hate ____! ' updateable riot sign....

Seriously, BLU gets new spells almost every update. Its what the job is all about. Going out and dying umpteen million times trying to get more spells that are mostly diluted to hell from what the mobs actually cast on us.

The vast majority of BLU spells are

1) Only ever set for gimmicky traits that are beaten by simply subbing the jobs they mimic

2) Awesome in theory, but are impractical to reliably use or plain suck

3) Were given to the job to keep BLUs thinking they got something every update while in reality the job was just like most most other DDs(ie. Not WAR, MNK, or SAM)

Any BLU really trying to up his game is trying to unlock Chant du Cygne. Which imo brings up a point that SE really needs to address for DRK-Torcleaver and Quietus.

Personally SE would be forgiven alot in my book if my Quietus could naturally crit. Well that and if they would rethink the lvl 95 upgrade trial. not digging being stuck at lvl 90 on my weapons.
    I have caladbolg, redemption, and apoc and my emps cant hold a candle to my apoc, furthermore they need to fix the job first before they address any weapon. Talking about a weapon only strengthens SE stands, drk has apoc which is the best relic in the game and has access to kraken club (unfortunately), I can see SE saying "you guys have apoc and kraken club what more do you want? blu and pups dont have relic weapon" and again if I wanted a weapon to define the job I would've played war. You cant aspect every drk to wield an apoc or have a kraken club at the ready whenever they BW, fix the JOB the toys are just extra!
    (0)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast