Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    I don't agree with basing your numbers off perfectly timed voidwatch staggers. 40 a fight is much more reasonable for a long fight (read: where staggers are being stupid and taking ages). Up to 120 is just rediculous.

Also I'm not sure how you go through more oberons than bronze. Are you getting dispelled regularly? Why? You can QD and WS from like 16-18" away, there's no real reason to be in AoE range. In fact, that's one of the reasons why Cor is so good - you can put up about 20k damage before capping hate, and do it from completely outside almost all AoEs.
    If you're not getting dispelled then with Tacticians/Misers, it's rare I ever fire more than one shot between WS, and if QD's up (usually is 1/4 of the time) then I don't need to fire at all. I don't feel it's worth shooting again if you're only a few ticks regain off another WS, it'll take longer than it would to wait on regain, and the damage of normal TP shots is pretty pathetic.
    (0)

You're always in AoE range if you have hate. That's pretty much the simplest answer. I also have a tendency to walk into AoE range to avoid screwing with my DDs by pulling the monster away and making them lose TP mid-WS. Even with Wildfire's Enmity- buff, I'm gaining hate about as fast as the Ukon/Vereth combo we have tanking most of the time - especially when they change to proc weapons and I don't.

I also have to be within 16' any time I want to roll, so it's just more convenient overall not to stray too far away from the monster. I prefer to stay at 12-14' if I have the option, which is enough to run out of range of AoEs if I need to, and close enough that I can run into range quickly if I take hate or know I'm about to take hate, as I dislike making the monster turn and run away from the DDs.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Even with Wildfire's Enmity- buff, I'm gaining hate about as fast as the Ukon/Vereth combo we have tanking most of the time
    I don't think you are. They cap hate after about 7k damage. With wildfire you do at least double that before capping hate. You're not doing double their damage in the same amount of time.

I know you're a good Corsair, but I really think you're overplaying the hate-tanking thing. If after you're capping hate, you're riding fanatics and staying in melee/aoe range then you still run accross problems for survival what with Instant Death, Encumberment, Enemies using both Magic an Physical AoEs, heavy Dot, etc. In the end it's just not very efficient for the group, and personally I don't think it's worth my personal satisfaction of going "hur hur I'm so awesome, I do so much damage". In the end, does the damage you gain offset the damage you lose by having to slow down and go easy once weakened to avoid being double weak? And if so, is it by so much that it's worth the extra curing power to keep you alive? personall I don't think so.
    (0)

Every instant-death move that I can think of is blockable o.O. Glare can be turned, Prophet can be stunned, Death Spell is avoidable with Fool's. What other ones am I missing?

14k damage is about 10 Wildfires, though. Going in with 300TP from Tact and using Sekka is 2, each Quick Draw adds another WS which makes 4, and then Meditate on top of your 12/tic regain from Monarch's+Tact+Ring+Coercion is easily another 2-3 WS right there. 7 WS off the bat, without any shooting, is 10-11k damage plus 600-700 from the two QDs. COR can cap hate at the start of a fight almost effortlessly. Hell, I lose more damage sitting around popping Ascetic's/Braver's/Monarch's/Gnostic's/Fanatic's than anything else.

I know it can be bothersome sometimes, but that's why I end up standing in/near AoE range. If I sat out of range, I'd end up getting mages or regain'ing melees hit by any AoEs that were aimed on me. That's no good.

On pretty much anything aside from lolCity T4s, adding damage is only a good thing. Lights are capped pretty easily, so there's really no reason for me to hold back on doing as much damage as possible on COR. Heck, on the runs we did last night I destroyed the parses on Pil, and was second-third most of the time on Kaggen. As long as lights are capped and we're not suddenly wiping because I'm pseudo-tanking sometimes, I don't really see the harm in it.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

That's fair enough. Though I never unload JA at the very start of a VW fight, I always save for the first red proc. Like you say you can get off a lot of WS, only really being limited by the time it takes to activate items and TP, which really helps capping lights faster. Kill speed is never as much of an issue on any VW really except Pil if you haven't got a good means to drop his Gambit quickly.
    (0)

It's not so much an issue of "Can we kill it in time?" as much as it is "Do I want to waste additional time going 0/1 billion on drops if we cap lights either way?" =P
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Sehachan
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    So...back to original topic. I can't give actual numbers on the activation rate, but after playing a while with this roll on test server the results are quite underwhelming.
    (0)

Character
    Hrasvelg
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    COR Lv 75
    Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    So we get this as last roll:

Sooo not satisfied, I really doubt my tanks will give a pup about this. Another roll that will hardly find use.

Really hope we get a new cool ja before the new merits at least. :<

Edit: we'll have to see how it turns out, but it'll have to be very high rate to be able to beat the tact+miser combo(and anyway only my pld in vw will care).
    Parry Roll. Been asking it since the announcement of the level cap increase from 75. I think at the very least we'd love to see this for skill ups alone. Not asking for usefulness in party situations, but for those skill up parties.
    (0)
    Just a level 75 COR still trying to cap his skills before venturing into level 76. All that's left is parrying.
    SE please give me a Parry Roll or Parry Bonus Job Trait.
    SE Thank you for the COR update that changes Gallant's Roll. You have indirectly answered my prayers for assistance in Parrying Skillups!! THANK YOU SE. -_-

My activation rate in a quick test was 10% with Lucky up. (Just counted swings that connected ).
    (0)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4