Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Tangent: Does anyone with test server access know if we have our third roll there yet? Where the heck is that?
    In happier places. Blowing over a green, lush field on a cool breeze. At just that distance from a fire where it feels "toasty" rather than "hot. In the dreams of every sleeping child. Just past the horizon, where everything is bright and warm and the chill of night is no longer felt. Written on a wadded up piece of paper at the bottom of a waste basket in a drab second-floor office within SE's main offices, long forgotten.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Anza View Post
    Any blink tank will absolutely love more counter to get shadows back up, so I can see this being useful in situations where max damage isn't as important as controlled tanking. Not like PLD or MNK would complain about more counter either. Is it going to replace the ideal DD roll setups? No. But there's certainly some potential for legitimate use here.
    Tanks like PLD MNK NIN etc usually gets more benefit from DD rolls since DD>all seems to be No.1 rule in this game for tank jobs(and it is, in most situations, since you need to cap enmity)

Defensive buffs probably work better when you lowman stuff and lack support/heals, or when situations getting bad that you need to try harder to stay alive.

This roll may work better for lowman situations IMO. COR doesn't have many good defensive buffs, only has evasion/magic def bonus roll and it doesn't make a very huge game breaking difference. I guess it's nice to have another one. Although I was expecting PDT- roll or some sort.
    (1)

I piss away about a million+ gil a week in Voidwatch on Corsair through consumables/ammo alone.
    How o.O? In a VW event (4-8 Zilart/Jeuno T3, or 12 City T4 per event) I go through less than a half-stack of steel, 1-2 stacks of bronze, and maybe half a stack of cards. Synth about 4-5 stacks of bronze for 10k, but even if I bought them at 15k/stack and bought steel for 30k/stack and cards 20k/case. RCB is worthless in high-tier VW as you're well under capped Acc (On Pil with Pot-Au-Feu and Hunter's Roll (Which you wont normally have in favour of Tacticians/Misers) I'm only 70%ish and I'm using about +100Racc in TP gear), so say you go through half a stack of sushi (20k/stack) per event.

If you did 4 VW events a week, you're looking at like 2 stacks of steel, 6 stacks of bronze, 2 card cases and 2 stacks of sushi... 60k+90k+40k+40k=230k. How the heck you're spending 1mil I just don't know unless you're including the cost of Voiddust and Cells which doesn't count as everyone buys them - not just cor.
    (0)

I use a little over 30 cards a fight, and typically 50-120-ish Bronze and 50-100 Oberon's depending on the mob. I don't use Steels if I can avoid it. I use about 6 sushi per fight, more on dicks like Pil, considering I always get hate and die, more than once. I rock hard and roll harder on pirate, lol.

My linkshell has a habit of calling fake Marksmanship procs when they want me to stop ripping hate off the tanks and use crap WS for a bit, lol.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Sounds about the same rate as me, just bumped up the numbers to show even when over-exaggerating, it should be nowhere near as much as 1mil. I tend to hold off after taking hate once as Hard fights have nasty AoEs that will one-shot you if weakened and you can't DD at all double weak. On easier fights like city T4s I tend to only DD during staggers as otherwise they die too quick.
    (0)

Eh? I said per fight, lol. Not per event / 4-12 fights. When I get hate, I tend to just pop Fanatic's/Fool's and beat the shit out of whatever dared to look at my Corsair the wrong way, lol.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    you think its expensive now? HA! Just wait until Last Stand is available. 2 hit weaponskill that we need to use our best bullets for Q.Q. I go through stacks of arrows like candy when I'm spamming Jishunu's on rng. Whenever Armageddon does more damage, I breathe a sigh of relief because I can save my arrows.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    I use a little over 30 cards a fight, and typically 50-120-ish Bronze and 50-100 Oberon's depending on the mob. I don't use Steels if I can avoid it. I use about 6 sushi per fight, more on dicks like Pil, considering I always get hate and die, more than once. I rock hard and roll harder on pirate, lol.

My linkshell has a habit of calling fake Marksmanship procs when they want me to stop ripping hate off the tanks and use crap WS for a bit, lol.
    Some of the gears on head/legs/waist slot has both AGI and enmity-, and according to my math(using WF dmg calculator to calculate the dmg), a COR capping enmity- with merit/gear(must use a good set that has as much AGI/MAB as possible with enmity- 50) is able to do WS 3x more and deal 2x amount of dmg total before capping hate.

I was planning to try it myself to see how effective it is, but I took a break after update and no longer play enough, and I can't find some of the good enmity- gears on AH everywhere as well since no one's selling it, so it kinda hold off. With next update coming soon I probably need to save my merits and won't be able to change my merit to enmity- to reach cap anyways.

I'm not 100% sure it will be more effective without actually use it in practice, I saw someone else used it, so wanted to try myself. Just tossing out an idea here if hate is an issue.
    (0)
    Last edited by Afania; 12-04-2011 at 07:22 PM.

Eh? I said per fight, lol. Not per event / 4-12 fights. When I get hate, I tend to just pop Fanatic's/Fool's and beat the shit out of whatever dared to look at my Corsair the wrong way, lol.
    I'm sorry, you're not WSing 50-120 times per VW fight, don't be rediculous. T4 Cities die too quick, either you're holding dmg for procs, or you're raping it - it dies too quick to WS that much. T3 Zilart and Jeuno will kill you in about 3 hits, as soon as fanatics wears - you're dead. If it's constantly staggered well so that you can keep popping fanatics then it's going to die within 5-10 minutes and you wont have time to WF 50-120 times. You cap hate after about 10 WFs. Soon as you die once you can't go and cap hate again bcause if you die again you can't do any damage for 5 minutes thanks to double weak.
    (0)

I don't let Fanatics wear! I may have been highballing a bit according to find's ammo tracker from the other night, but not by too much. Actual bronze usage ended up being about 40/fight on T3 Jeuno. Oberon's usage was higher though, as the NMs decided to be dicks and dispel my rolls over and over, and Trump cards were still about 20-30 a fight depending on how fast they were. As long as there is some sort of proc every 2 minutes or so, I'll have Fanatics up at least 50% of the time, and plenty of Lucid potions and Fool's to spam in the meantime (I also get cures, so it's not like I just drop if I have hate). My gun shots take longer to fire than a melee round, so as long as the melees tanking it have capped hate too the mob won't be on me fulltime unless QD charges are up.

Don't get me wrong, I do die, but since I'm typically living off temp items anyways I'm typically able to unweak before dying a second time.

Oberon's prices have finally dipped again though, which has helped. They were 700k/stack on my server for a long while (causing the vast majority of my expenditures), and are now back down to 400k. I'm not entirely sure what causes these market fluctuations, but they save me cash! The original point was that Corsair is expensive as balls anyways, which I'm sure we can agree on.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast