Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Corsair costs money. It's pretty nice, really. It keeps a lot of the scrubs out, so the people who actually play Corsair now are the ones who are solid enough to fund it. Just looking at this subforum compared to some of the others is a huge relief. I'd go crazy if the Corsair boards ended up as miserable as the Red Mage or Dark Knight boards.
    This is true. The signal-to-noise ratio of this sub-forum is incredibly good. People ask questions, people get answers. Threads rarely end in 10 pages of "KNO U!" and instead have actual discussion. It works!

Still, if you try, I'm sure you can imagine 500 posts about how Corsair desperately requires exactly B- staff skill, a far larger selection of subligaria for both decorative and utilitarian purposes, and exactly two dead cats (one black, one calico). I'm sure there's some bro just waiting to supply all 500 when he gets the chance, so you might as well mentally prepare yourself now.
    (1)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Corsair costs money. It's pretty nice, really. It keeps a lot of the scrubs out, so the people who actually play Corsair now are the ones who are solid enough to fund it. Just looking at this subforum compared to some of the others is a huge relief. I'd go crazy if the Corsair boards ended up as miserable as the Red Mage or Dark Knight boards.
    Actually I've seen more and more ppl lv COR since the age of VW, and the fact that Arma is easy to build+easy to farm money nowadays just makes this job a lot more bandwagon than Abyssea era.
    (0)

But still less than many others
    (0)

I piss away about a million+ gil a week in Voidwatch on Corsair through consumables/ammo alone.

I don't mind if it's popular. It's just not a job that's even remotely friendly to gimp/retarded/cheap players, which keeps these forums clean.
    (1)

I will have my revenge!

Even if levelling, Armageddon and money are easier to come by, it still remains a costly job that only certain players enjoy. COR is no more god like in VW than we were bird meripo in the day. Still not a ton of COR back then. I suspect a bunch of new CORs will appear and then disappear when they realize the costs of QD cards alone. Let alone the busy nature of COR compared to garden variety DD.
    (0)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Capuchin
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Also, can we maybe not trash Avenger's Roll before we see how it can be used? People were bitching up a storm about Miser's being useless before it was actually released, and we know how that turned out. Let's give it a chance, k?

Any blink tank will absolutely love more counter to get shadows back up, so I can see this being useful in situations where max damage isn't as important as controlled tanking. Not like PLD or MNK would complain about more counter either. Is it going to replace the ideal DD roll setups? No. But there's certainly some potential for legitimate use here.
    (0)

It's going to come down to the counter rate. But I like the idea of a variety of tank rolls, just wish people would actually ask for them instead of putting me in DD or mage party all the time. MNK/Avengers could be a sweet combo.

Of course I'd like the ability to just limit certain rolls to the tank like pianissimo. that would make tank rolls a bit more user friendly.
    (0)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

The viability of MNK+Avenger's depends entirely on how Melee Gaiters+2's "Augments Counterstance II" effect scales. Counter does eventually cap, and most Monks already come pretty close with gear and/or Atmas.

New Gun WS looks to be a 2-hit 2-Ammo fTP varies by TP WS. Could be interesting, especially with an 85% AGI mod. Maybe a competitive Physical WS to stand up to Wildfire?
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Capuchin
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    The viability of MNK+Avenger's depends entirely on how Melee Gaiters+2's "Augments Counterstance II" effect scales. Counter does eventually cap, and most Monks already come pretty close with gear and/or Atmas.
    Not everyone who would appreciate counter is a MNK, therefore they won't all be able to use MNK job specific gear, Counterstance (unless /MNK), or Perfect Counter.

You really think a PLD wouldn't appreciate, say, 20% Counter rate from a lucky roll? NIN trying to re-apply shadows on an NM would like it (see also: Gnarled Horn and Iga Hakama enhance Yonin effect). I play MNK and NIN, and honestly I'd be much more excited about a good counter roll when tanking on NIN than on MNK.

Even an evasion tank doesn't evade everything - I could see something like a DNC or THF enjoying it on certain fights.
    (0)

I was replying specifically to a comment about MNK and Avenger's, by discussing how MNK and Avenger's interact. I didn't say anything about how it affects other jobs.

Update:

Last Stand:

2-hit Marksmanship WS.

WSC: AGI 100% (20% per merit)

FTP:

2.0 > 2.125 > 2.25

Like Jishnu's Radiance, fTP is applied to BOTH hits for Last Stand.

This means the total fTP of the WS is 4.0 at 100% TP, and 4.5 at 300% TP.

Gorget and Belt's 0.1 fTP increase applies to BOTH hits as well, meaning these pieces are effectively 0.2 fTP each for this WS.

A 4.4 fTP, 100% AGI Physical WS? Sign me up. It will likely end up competitive with Wildfire (Especially considering it can take advantage of Armageddon's high natural D), and offer a solid option on monsters that are more susceptible to Physical damage than Magical damage.

Tangent: Does anyone with test server access know if we have our third roll there yet? Where the heck is that?
    (1)

I will have my revenge!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast