Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

[dev1041] Ideas of augmenting MONSTER gear

Below is the Current Relic Gear, for convenience.

Monster Helm
    [Head] All Races
    DEF: 26 HP +19 CHR +4 Parrying skill +3
    "Charm" +5
    Lv. 71 BST

Monster Jackcoat
    [Body] All Races
    DEF: 49 HP +21 INT +6
    Augments "Reward" effect
    "Charm" +6
    Lv. 72 BST

Monster Gloves
    [Hands] All Races
    DEF: 15 HP +14 AGI +4
    Augments "Call Beast" effect
    "Charm" +4
    Lv. 75 BST

Monster Trousers
    [Legs] All Races
    DEF: 34 HP +17 DEX +4
    HP Recovered While Healing +3
    "Charm" +2
    Lv. 73 BST

Monster Gaiters
    [Feet] All Races
    DEF: 14 HP +13 VIT +4
    Enhances "Reward" effect
    "Charm" +3
    Lv. 74 BST

Only the hands are feet have any use as swap pieces for Job abilities.

All the charm duration + is pretty worthless now. It used to be good for monster helm +1's when 5 chr and charm duration improvement was worth something... but we don't need any charm+ gear at all anymore, unless they decide to make alot more mobs charmable, including event mobs like abyssea, limbus, nyzul, etc...

Approaching the monster upgrades is a bit challenging. The set seems so useless now because its designed around a playstyle that died so long ago.

1. We don't charm much. if we do, CHR is important, not charm+ (although its nice)
    2. We don't rest when pet is fighting anymore... almost never.
    3. This doesn't even closely resemble a TP or WS set.. and if it did, it would need to replace our Ferine Attire.
    4. It is such a random and varied set in what it does.. it really has no focus.. BST has no need of VIT, or INT on gear. The CHR has to competed w/ Ferine and Twilight gear to be worthwhile for charm or primal rend... Parrying is also worthless for bst.

These items make it really hard to "improve" the set as it is.. Its more like a need to completely change the set to something else.

The easy ideas are to improve potency to the 2 currently useful items:
    I think if monster gloves +2 made call beast pet always spawn at player's level, that would be fantastic.
    Improving reward potency even more on monster gaiters would be nice too.. but they are already fantastic this way, and we can already slam against the reward potency +50% cap with gear, so that could become an inventory space saver.

I think the most useful/interesting things to add to monster set +2 would be some significant pet/master bonuses to stats such as another pet haste piece (I can only get 14% pet haste so far, I wants MOAR!).

I would love to see increase in potency of ready moves: specifcally, something to make better damage from the offensive ready moves. I am hoping for something that improve the tp modifier or a stat modifier). Currently, they really are so weak, they are like a crit hit at best, (if not the same as a normal melee hit from pet).
    If you have a MUCH higher level you can see the real potential for some, but you can't do anything to get descent damage from charged whiskers.... 280 is so lackluster... and 700 when you have 3x dedicated atma for it is even more lackluster.

I would really like to see some significant boosts to Killer effects on both master and pet. I think if for example:
    monster Jackcoat +2 gave like +20 to killer effect would be sweet.

Or even if it were +10 on beastkiller and vermin killer on hands,
    +10 on lizard and amorph on head
    +10 for avian and plantoid killer on legs..
    etc

something like that would be really interesting and fun.
    Monster Jackcoat, if the reward augment removed alot most status ailments, like doom, or amnesia, it would be very cool also.
    (2)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

My vision for this gear would be as the best all around set to wear when your MONSTER is doing all/most of the work. Most of the current stats are garbage for anything but a macro piece. It would be nice to have a reason to wear this set or most of it while your pet fights for you. A wicked set bonus (maybe pet haste +1% for each +3 piece worn?) if you are doing set bonuses would be nice.

My ideas:

Monster Jackcoat +2 = add "removes 2 status effects" (can work on any status effect)
    Monster Jackcoat +3 = add "Removes 2 status effects" (can work on any status effect) Pet: Regain +1, Regen +5

That would make it useful enough for me to upgrade and carry around. Little else would because the current things it removes are too narrow and not very useful... I mean silence? Really?

Monster Gaiters +2 = reward recast time -5
    Monster Gaiters +3 = reward recast time -5, Pet: Accuracy +10

Monster Trousers +2 = Pet: Haste +5%
    Monster Trousers +2 = Pet: Haste +5% Enhances Monster Affinity effects

Monster gloves +2 = make pet spawn at your level (or its cap)
    Monster gloves +3 =make pet spawn at your level (or its cap) Pet: haste +3%

Monster Helm +2 = Pet: Accuracy +20
    Monster Helm +3 = Pet: Accuracy +20, Pet: Attack +20

Anyway I don't expect those exact stats - but the idea is there - I'd like to see all or most of the augments focussed on making our pets stronger. We have tons and tons and tons of awesome gear aimed at the meleeing master but not nearly as much for pets (and about half of what exists is really difficult to get/expensive)

I would also be okay with mega killer effects but that is (sorry to say Xilk) sort of gimmicky and won't lead to many people treating getting this armor as a high priority. If this armor is made to actually fill a need with have (ie: semi-attainable pet enhancing gear) I bet you will find that people work really hard to get it.

Also I would love the set to have pet PDT - but I am realistic and betting SE is afraid to give us more gear with those stats... or at least anything reasonably easy to attain.
    (1)
    Last edited by Olor; 11-18-2011 at 02:40 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I was way too slow posting this thread... lolz

It seems some japanese had the text in the dat files. currently the gear looks like this:http://www.geocities.jp/ff11item/test/Armor.html

All pieces are rare/ex and level 99
    Monster Helm +2
    def 34
    MP 27
    HP 27
    DEX 7
    CHR 7
    Enhances Killer Effects
    Charm +6

Monster Jackcoat +2
    def 64
    HP 29
    STR 8
    DEX 8
    INT 8
    Augments Reward 3 (I'm assuming this will remove more status ailments)
    Charm +8

Monster Gloves +2
    def 20
    hp 28
    dex 7
    agi 7
    Augments Call Beast 2 (I really think this means pet spawns at player's level)
    charm 5

Monster Trousers +2
    def 44
    hp 24
    str 7
    dex 7
    Reduce Reward Recast
    Charm +3

Monster Gaiters +2
    def 18
    hp 18
    STR 7
    VIT 7
    Reward Effectiveness up 3 (I'm guessing 30%, since monster is already 20% and others are 10%)
    Charm 4
    (2)
    --Beastmaster Forever--

I think it is interesting that the head follows your suggestion and the legs follow my suggestion have the reward recast I wanted. I do wish there was some pet haste on there somewhere though. -reward recast will at least give me a reason to use the legs in a macro...
    (0)
    Last edited by Olor; 11-20-2011 at 11:10 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    yeah, there hasn't really been an interesting leg piece for reward. the best one so far is haven hose for 5 mind... which is underwhelming. This will be a welcome addition.

I"m curious to see the actual results on all these pieces.

For example will the hands really guarentee a non-capped jug spawns at my level? or will it only increase the % chance of it.. so that is like 50/50 my level or one level below. if its only 50/50 that would be disappointing.

will the feet be 30% reward improvement (following the established pattern?) or will it be less than that?

I hope the jackcoat removes 2x or more enfeebles from pet and has a bigger list. I don't like trying to swap between monster and beast in my macros.
    (0)
    Last edited by Xilk; 11-20-2011 at 02:35 PM.
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Getting 26% haste would have been nice for the pet but hey this set could have been worse. In all things considered it's mainly macro swap pieces if anything else.
    (0)

It could be a lot worse but I am pretty sad that we didn't get any pet haste. I really wanted a reason to wear this outside a quick blink here and there.
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I think there is supposed to be a +3 also...
    (1)
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    I think there is supposed to be a +3 also...
    Oh totally but did you see what Camate said in General?

As I’m sure most of you are curious about the various upgrade possibilities for relic equipment, I bring you a tidbit of additional information to whet your appetite!

Currently the below is the direction the development team is heading in for relic equipment upgrades:

Stage 1: Enhancement of base stats creating a more powerful version of the original relic piece
    Stage 2: Enhancements with unique properties that are different from that of other existing equipment (Example: enhancing merit point-related stats, etc.)
    Enhancing merit related stats doesn't equal pet: haste

I just can't wait for the bonus to tame on my monster gear though!
    (0)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Don't forget about Charm too.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast