Character
    Powder
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

The development team was looking into a higher-tier version of Thief’s Knife; however, they felt it would result in thieves equipping both the new knife
    My first thought when I read this was I would be happy to have to dump my thief's knife for a better one. Maybe, somehow you could make it where we can't equip or hold a new and old thief's knife. If we want the new one we have to dump the old one. Just my thinking.
    (0)

My blood type? oh! coffee of course!

Think i'm just going to take a 2x4, write "Accessory thats has TH+1 Latent Effect only active when Thief's Knife is not equipped" on it then start beating people over the head with it whenever they suggest an upgrade or weapon based solution.

iluguys
    (3)

Ah I hate to ask this especially if some1 already did but...why did they ever muck things up and put it on a weapon in the 1st place? I understand maybe putting it on an entire outfit but a weapon? When they knew they'd eventually be raising the level cap? Kind of a DUH move.
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Think i'm just going to take a 2x4, write "Accessory thats has TH+1 Latent Effect only active when Thief's Knife is not equipped" on it then start beating people over the head with it whenever they suggest an upgrade or weapon based solution.

iluguys
    This is what I've said several times too.

Or just abolish TH completely and remake thf into a job that is actually good.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    This is what I've said several times too.

Or just abolish TH completely and remake thf into a job that is actually good.
    Now wait a minute, let's not let the frustration at this dilemma start making us attack the job itself.
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Quote Originally Posted by Blah View Post
    Ah I hate to ask this especially if some1 already did but...why did they ever muck things up and put it on a weapon in the 1st place? I understand maybe putting it on an entire outfit but a weapon? When they knew they'd eventually be raising the level cap? Kind of a DUH move.
    They didn't know they were going to raise the level cap. Most of the game was designed around level 75 being the permanent cap.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    They didn't know they were going to raise the level cap. Most of the game was designed around level 75 being the permanent cap.
    Well now I heard that that isn't true, again might be a ffxi urban legend but some1 said they saw the 99 cap while you know, searching way back in 2007-2008. you know, how when you could search for 50 to 60 and you could get everyone from 50 to 60 in the area? People said that you could put it up to 99 even back then but when they asked SE if they were going to raise it to 99 they always denied it.
    (0)

I believe in Beta, Sage Sundi appeared as a level 80 DRK or so - I think? the data for 99 has been in the game since the beginning if i recall... as Blah pointed out, you could /sea level ranges like 70-80, 80-90, so forth and I usually found typing /sea all 1-99 easier and it would bring up everything.

It could simply be the system recognizing the data for ease of use, but I think they programmed it in the beginning to accept up to level 99 (or 100?), just never used it. There's a solid chance that the game was never going to go past 75, but SE decided to raise the cap late enough into the games life to give people a new experience... Who knows.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Blah View Post
    Well now I heard that that isn't true, again might be a ffxi urban legend but some1 said they saw the 99 cap while you know, searching way back in 2007-2008. you know, how when you could search for 50 to 60 and you could get everyone from 50 to 60 in the area? People said that you could put it up to 99 even back then but when they asked SE if they were going to raise it to 99 they always denied it.
    Originally we planned or thought about level caps up to 200 but we finally decided on 75 because it was a good number and the release of the merit point system is what finalized 75 as the highest level possible. We won't be raising it at any point in the future.
    Source: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/wiki/Fan_...eveloper_Q%26A
    (2)

Like I said, they denied it when asked, but if it really is true then why have the 99 essentially programmed in?
    (0)

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast