Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    If you mean an accessory that functions the way the proposed dagger did? (ie: latent that activates without thiefknife equipped) sure, otherwise, people will just wear both.

As to worrying about them creating new options, this game is moving to a more vertical gear system with iLevels, /shrug, it's going to be an issue either way with things getting outdated, but yes, fair enough, that would be less hassle for Thfs.
    Yes, the one that function the same way the dagger did with a latent only working when the dagger isn't equipped, or @/below a hard cap.

Regardless, they're really hesitant on adding just 1 new dagger, the idea of them adding a new one every time the I.lvl cap raises is unlikely at best, which is why I'd like a solution that didn't involve a temporary upgrade is all. If they could implement a permanent solution it would be nice.

While the hard cap isn't my first go to, it works, and I appreciate them addressing or at least acknowledging that its garbage THF is glued to a 10 year old weapon.
    (1)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I'm grateful we have a response, I just wish the response was made with the knowledge we here in the NA department had accumulated and discussed as well.
    What, this is NA-only now!? ^^;

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Just sort of joking about comments in general that have the feel of only Japanese and American people playing the game. Who cares about the minority of the minority, et al., huh.

Anyblue, it is interesting to see this issue finally getting some time! I don't think the current direction looks bad either, so keep it up!

If only we had more of it. Time, I mean.
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Phraust
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Why not make a Thief Knife set, with a 'set bonus' of TH+1~2?
    Or add a Magian path so that anyone can have a "TH+" Weapon. (Bst: Pet Th+" Solves that issue)
    Make them worth it.

I mean it makes sense now that Thief has native Dual Wield.
    Hell, make it a combo deal, Two Knives and a Throwing weapon.
    (0)
    Last edited by Frost; 02-20-2014 at 04:23 PM.
    If you don't understand why Haste is so important, or if you don't think it is:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/1847-Haste-and-You...-A-guide-to-the-misinformed.

Player
    Because that exacerbates the problem they're trying to solve even further and is exactly the opposite of what they're asking for.
    (1)

Character
    Phraust
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Idk, personally, I liked the "old" thief knife. When it was rare. A status symbol for the people who took the job seriously. Now it's usually relegated to a naked mule who acts as some sort of F'd up sacrificial lamb. I don't see the Dev's suggestion fixing that really.
    (0)
    If you don't understand why Haste is so important, or if you don't think it is:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/1847-Haste-and-You...-A-guide-to-the-misinformed.

Player
    It wouldn't fix that, someone using a mule to achieve "max TH" in the cheapest/easiest way possible.... but that's not something I see, mules are pretty much exclusively mages that I've seen.

But that's not what they're trying to fix, they're trying to fix Thfs who care about their DD and contribution to the fight of the party being funneled into using a knife that does approximately 1/10th the damage an updated knife would do in that hand, the problem is they feel like they have a lack-of-choice, making a combo set with TH on it, just makes them have even less choices.
    (1)

Player
    Some of the crazy solutions offered are ridiculous. This can be done very easily with low effort from the dev team.

Make a magian quest to upgrade it. Make stops at 105, 119, and whatever upgrades come our way down the road. At worst, at 119, it will be a huge improvement over what we have now.

The dagger will still be called "Thief's Knife," but with improved stats and still R (or R/E now). You won't be able to or forced to dualwield just TKs.

The magian quest could ever been rather creative. Something like adding a new item to some coffers (or a reward from coffer RoE). Turn in so many to upgrade the knife.

Wow, let's not make this incredibly unlikely by asking for ridiculous fixes guys.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    How about Treasure Hunter scaling according to the ilevel of the weapon in your mainhand? That way we won't have to equip TH gear anymore, and devs won't have to update it whenever the ilevel gets raised again (we all know it's going to happen)
    (2)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    How about Treasure Hunter scaling according to the ilevel of the weapon in your mainhand? That way we won't have to equip TH gear anymore, and devs won't have to update it whenever the ilevel gets raised again (we all know it's going to happen)
    This is a pretty elegant solution but, it doesn't actually fix the problem unless you remove Thief's Knife which they don't seem to want to do, or make it weirdly like that hidden iLevel TH adds one less if you've got Thief's Knife in your offhand.

Or make it so that both hands count in some way (since thf has native dual wield now) formula could be something like the following:

Total iLevel of Weapons, 200 = TH+1 (Meaning any 2 iLevel weapons)
    239 = TH+2 (119 + 120, so whenever they start the next phase.)
    ??? = TH+3 (The ??? here is 2x the max iLevel in the current phase +1)
    (0)
    Last edited by Selindrile; 02-20-2014 at 09:03 PM.

Character
    Archades
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Why not average the TH between the hands rounding down or they could lock out off of the weapon's TH with a lower level (in a kind of priority system like the debuffs).

Depending how traits are calculated my first might not be good, but im sure they can do second
    (0)

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast