Page 49 of 75 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
    Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by xbobx View Post
    I guess you cant think. it is ok. Lets see high level nms surrounded by Even to T mobs that repop very fast, Ya, that wouldn't be a bst haven making every NM in abyessa an absolute joke for a group of bsts to destroy. Not broken at all.
    All of Abyssea is susceptible to a group coming in and wrecking everything that moves, not being able to charm anything just neutered our job to the point where it's better to go as something else instead of BST. Simply having the option to use charm would not be abused and broken by BST mains, the real problem would come from /BST by other jobs who would then be even stronger than before and that much more capable.
    (0)

Character
    Nehalania
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    =( Scorps...
    Dang thought it was between ruszor and slimes.
    Maybe I missed another post.

Man, tons of votes up in here!

After looking over each and every one of your posts, it's a super super close call between:

-Ruszor
    -Slime

Please vote on one or the other and let's see which pet comes out on top

Close contenders are below:
    -Hippogryph
    -Karkinos
    -Hanuman
    (0)
    Last edited by Nehalania; 09-22-2011 at 02:31 AM.

Character
    Ultimare
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    You know what? I want a Fomor Tarutaru jugpet. Give it to me now. >=/
    (0)

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    You know, I'm halfway wondering if we're going to get more than one 99 jug. The JP boards at least were asked this same question, so maybe the devs are planning to roll out multiple 99 pets in the event each region polled arrived at a different consensus.
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Limecat View Post
    You know, I'm halfway wondering if we're going to get more than one 99 jug. The JP boards at least were asked this same question, so maybe the devs are planning to roll out multiple 99 pets in the event each region polled arrived at a different consensus.
    Either that or the polls were designed to shut us up.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    i can't agree. slugs were going at 23k/stack on bahamut last night, and there were like 30 stacks available. You won't be able to keep that price high. Hello level 95 replacement of Nazuna.

and double chcking now, I see 58 stacks on ah, and they are 11k/stack...
    I suppose you and I had to disagree sometime.

It is cool that the slug's price is going down. But that doesn't change my opinion that 99 bst is going to be hellaciously expensive, or my opinion that career cooks are demons in disguise.

It is almost as if the entire dev team have characters with 100 cooking, or maybe there is a cook lobbyist who buys them off. All i know is since 76 there has been major boons to cooks.

the change from best gear is bought to best gear is free destroyed most crafts. This was a boon for cooking because now people had more money to throw into consumables.

The dev team decision to atrophy charm and support call beast with updates changed the frequency of pet consumables needed in every bstmasters normal day, a MAJOR boon for cooks in the form of an overnight market.

The refusal to rectify the new cost strain on bst in favor of cooks was a boon for cooks.

The refusal to increase recipe yields and stack sizes of pet items was a boon to cooks.

Meanwhile, almost every other craft and 1 job got a huge dump taken on them. I just can't help but wonder, why all the love for cooks?
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimare View Post
    Yeah, if we get a scorpion, Death Scissors probably will be 3 charges, but with the right set up, that three minutes can be cut in half, or more with gear. I know my charge time is down to 35-40 sec, and I haven't even finished my wish list for sic/ready delay gear. Slimes and Ruszor would be great for soloing, but we already have Yuly and his amazing evasion. I personally want something that can contribute to a group. Something a little more potent that 200-500 damage with 2-3 charge moves. Lulush's Foot Kick is okay, but even with gear and atma, I don't think I've seen it break 1K.

And I think xbobx is right. Pretty much anything could be brought down by an alliance of BST, with an unlimited amount of monsters to throw at it. It could potentially take a while, but it'd get done... except maybe a dragon NM that constantly flies. Smaller groups could encounter various difficulties if portions of the group get knocked out or slept or encounter unlucky charm rates, but a full blown alliance of BSTs could probably hold out through just about anything, so lets just be honest. Who hasn't trioed xolotl with a group back at level 75 cap on bst?
    I've seen foot kick break 1k outside of abyssea.
    Inside w/ atma & gear I've hit 2.3k w/ foot kick and 2k w/ whirl claws.

This was before the cap went to 95. So you might want to try a few more things.

Then again i swap in all my pet attack + gear for pet tp moves.

btw, I was using RR, VV, and Savior for atma.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    All of Abyssea is susceptible to a group coming in and wrecking everything that moves, not being able to charm anything just neutered our job to the point where it's better to go as something else instead of BST. Simply having the option to use charm would not be abused and broken by BST mains, the real problem would come from /BST by other jobs who would then be even stronger than before and that much more capable.
    Actually, i think there might be a particular challenge or problem w/ adding atma buffs to charmed pets... just a thought.
    (0)
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Franklyn
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    Seriously a Scorpion? Did the people that post just abyssea up there BST job? Ever BST that actually played the job before abyssea came out knows that the slime pets rocked every mob they went up against. Scorpions were nice damage wise but defense wise they were average at best. EM slimes were taking out IT mobs and were still kicking. EM scorpions took off a nice chunk of HP but still would need 2 or 3 of them to kill an IT mob.
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung View Post
    I suppose you and I had to disagree sometime.

It is cool that the slug's price is going down. But that doesn't change my opinion that 99 bst is going to be hellaciously expensive, or my opinion that career cooks are demons in disguise.

It is almost as if the entire dev team have characters with 100 cooking, or maybe there is a cook lobbyist who buys them off. All i know is since 76 there has been major boons to cooks.

the change from best gear is bought to best gear is free destroyed most crafts. This was a boon for cooking because now people had more money to throw into consumables.

The dev team decision to atrophy charm and support call beast with updates changed the frequency of pet consumables needed in every bstmasters normal day, a MAJOR boon for cooks in the form of an overnight market.

The refusal to rectify the new cost strain on bst in favor of cooks was a boon for cooks.

The refusal to increase recipe yields and stack sizes of pet items was a boon to cooks.

Meanwhile, almost every other craft and 1 job got a huge dump taken on them. I just can't help but wonder, why all the love for cooks?
    I agree w/ most of what you say. When the level cap increased, and abyssea gear came out, the economy went into a spiral.

It didn't take anyone long to figure out that consumables (always a stable income source) were even moreso the right place to be.

You are also right that the limitations of charm cause a high demand for jugs amongst bsts. However, this was also the case at level 75. Charm was already being killed off before the level cap increase. It is easy for many newer bsts to forget this if they knew it at all. The demand for bsts in most end-game events at level 75 was a negative number!!

I do agree that BST became an expensive job at higher levels. It was a dirt cheap job all the way up to level 75, then suddenly the tables are completely turned. However, BST has also always been a good job for making gil.

I don't have any particular problem keeping up w/ my jug and petfood costs without even trying. If I took 1 day a week just farming for gil on my bst, i would have a small fortune. Granted, everyone's budget's and playstyles are different.

I think the jug costs at 76+ were all cheap w/ the exception of YULy. I think Yuly has made a nice balance as well. Even though its often 100k/ stack. yuly pays for herself.

I think prices didn't really start getting higher until cap went to 90 w/ Shasra and Broncha. I think this is mainly due that many players have level 60 cooking skill, but far fewer have 100 cooking skill. The newer recipes couldn't be handled by the level 60 cooks anymore.

Don't forget the change to reward as well. I can't decide how that affected prices. Did we start to rely on zeta biscuits more because they were better? or did we need to use less because they were more effective? The number sold went up alot, imo, and the price went up as well. Then again the prices for ninja items have gone up as well. (market-wise I think ninja tools compare very well to bst jugs) I think the demand and supply have gone up also.

I don't think it is any bias in favor of cooks more than the natural stability of the craft and how it is designed originally. The power of food in this game, and the consumable nature of it are what makes cooking such a resilient trade.

I agree that bst has become and expensive job. We have constant Demand for goods in order to stay in business. This used to be primarly the concern of Ninja, Rangers and Corsairs. However, we've jumped on that list as well.

I only disagree in that I think the current market is fully capable of handling it. The rate at which I consume jugs and pet food does not exceed my rate of making gil. (And I don't try to make gil. I don't go out and farm specifically to make gil, I just pick it up selling & Npc'ing stuff along the way of whatever I'm doing. I also typically stay between 300k~500k gil just normally. If I get over 1mil, i tend to buy something bigger, or buy alot of jugs).
    (0)
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Page 49 of 75 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast