Thread: Bots

Character
    Kriegsgott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo View Post
    I'm a fisherman in game and im sick of people like you accusing people fishing of all been bots the amounts of tells or emotes i get per day is sickening it's borderline harasment. I'm just to the point were i tell them to fu** of soon as they start with tells or emotes.
    i dont think i was saying shit like there arnt legit fishermans anymore and i'm pretty sure i didn said i'm going to hunt them make sure the ar afk fishing with sending /tells to anyone with questions or whatever just to call a GM! i asked a simple question here thats all....
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Is their even a point to botting anything anymore? You make 100x the gil AE'ing mandies in Altepa, and few people even bother with food anymore.
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Is their even a point to botting anything anymore? You make 100x the gil AE'ing mandies in Altepa, and few people even bother with food anymore.
    The only real purchasable gear to have\want are +1 heads for vw bodies, everything is easily gotten with a tiny bit of effort. i actually am a fan of fishbotters, people who don't work for their gil are more apt to throwing it way indiscriminately. what's that fishbotter, wanna buy my overpriced dynamis coins. sureeeee
    (1)

Character
    Alkimi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriegsgott View Post
    just wonder if SE going to prepare the next Banhammer against Botuser like
    Fishbots the should make Gil with WoE or other Events and not Afk while Sleeping or Working!
    Doubt it. Fish-botting isn't even that good at making gil, yeah people can do it while they're afk/asleep if they want to risk it but most don't and there are quicker and more efficient ways to make gil legitimately.
    (0)

I've watched people flee hacking in Aby to outrun TP moves and such, infront of loads of people. It's almost PSO mode right now, nobody cares and nothing happens about it...even blatantly used.

Truth is though, as has been said. It's doesn't really matter anymore, the botting that happens now doesn't really screw others over much (it's pretty much just lazy stuff). In the past I HATED it but I don't really care now and neither do most others.

The whole community has changed, botting, buying/selling gil is all ok these days.. and it's not just on this game either (so stop with the dead game crap), it's on whatever games FFXI players move to enmass (ie. lolFFXIV). In the past it was all a big deal, but not anymore. Once players accept these kinds of things they lose the outrage mindset, there were posts about widespread botting on FFXIV and the same acceptance happend there (as well as the lack of any action by the devs).
    (2)

Character
    Ashmulder
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I ve seen the same guy clipper through dynamis valkurm 3 days in a row...hell im not even sure that guy walk at regular speed anymore.

The STF task force is a joke, as long as ppl pay their monthly fees, they won t get banned.

hell you can t even submit screenshot when you file a report to the STF...
    (0)
    0/3 Spelunker Hat

Character
    Ereven
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    It seems to me that when an individual agrees to the ToS to play FFXI, that these are the rules. If some ppl want to ignore the rules, then how can they get angry about getting banned for breaking them? Obviously, they didn't consider the risks for breaking the rules. I don't think there is any gray area here, break the rules, get caught, then goodbye.

I do not understand the reasoning by using bots or 3rd pt tools, do these ppl want it easy to play? Then go play a kid's game, like checkers. This game wasn't meant to be easy, that's part of the challenge of it. Sure the grind is, or can be a pain; and most times the rewards are worth the effort. If there's no challenge, then no sense of accomplishment.

All too many in today's society are out for themselves only; comes to help others, the usual question is, "What's in it for me?"

Even though the game is now somewhat pointed to ppl to play solo, there are still a lot of ppl willing to help others, and most of the time, without asking the above question. There are quite a number of these folks in my LS, along with the "other" type, and when the helpful ones ask for help for something for them, ok, let's go! But when the "greedy" ones ask, it's as if they want it right now, just because I may be out leveling or skilling up, they want me to drop what I'm doing and come help them; oh, and by the way, stop by the AH and buy the PI because they didn't have the forethought or time to get them before.

I guess I would have to say BAN THE BOTTERS! except for the fact they pay to play and if banned, FFXI might possibly go away, which would make me quite sad as I enjoy the game.
    (3)
    Erevan-Elvaan WAR 1st job, best job.
    Moved to Bahamut like lots of folks

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Just send report to STF. Yes those reports actually count, their filed as actions against that particular account, someone gets enough reports filed against them that when they are eventually caught then it's LM-17.

GM's are busy these days, that and the staff is horribly underfunded, the task of hunting down and catching ToS violators has been moved out of their hands. Now if a GM actually see's someone doing bad juju, they'll issue a temp ban on the spot and pass the case to the STFU for further consideration.
    (2)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Now if a GM actually see's someone doing bad juju, they'll issue a temp ban on the spot and pass the case to the STFU for further consideration.
    [22:43:29][GM]Xophious>> Greetings Nynja. I am GM Xophious. I understand you wish to report Pillowcase and Wulfshadow for using
    [22:43:33][GM]Xophious>> a speed cheat. Is that correct?
    [22:43:42]>>Xophious : yeah, unless whm/anon can flee around for 60 seconds
    [22:44:09]>>Xophious : I could be mistaken, and theyre forsome stupid reason using
    [22:44:17]>>Xophious : sprinter drinks to claim blood bats
    [22:44:20]>>Xophious : then forgive me
    [22:44:46][GM]Xophious>> It's not a problem at all! It's best to report that kind of suspicious behavior to us, just in case.
    [22:44:55][GM]Xophious>> I apologize if they have caused any trouble.
    [22:45:02][GM]Xophious>> How long ago did you first see them moving faster than normal?
    [22:45:07]>>Xophious : when I called you
    [22:45:29][GM]Xophious>> Do you know if they have said anything since then?
    [22:45:38]>>Xophious : I didnt even confront them, cause theyd just shut it off
    [22:45:45]>>Xophious : they'd deny it obviously
    [22:47:16][GM]Xophious>> I will gladly investigate both Pillowcase and Wulfshadow for any third party program use. In the meantime, I would
    [22:47:30][GM]Xophious>> suggest for you to report them to the Special Task Force as well. Would you like to know how to reach them?
    [22:47:40]>>Xophious : its on the se website somewhere
    [22:48:19]>>Xophious : I'd like to point out
    [22:48:25]>>Xophious : while I'm aware this isnt tangible
    [22:48:38]>>Xophious : my friends have had problems with someone by the name of Sevourn, fleehacking around as well
    [22:49:02]>>Xophious : and I just found out Sevourn and Wulfshadow share LS
    [22:49:13]>>Xophious : while it means nothing...I feel I should throw it out there
    [22:49:18][GM]Xophious>> I can add Sevourn to the investigation as well, no problem. If you encounter any others, don't hesitate to
    [22:49:21]>>Xophious : and I"ll tell them to report Sevourn when they see him do it
    [22:49:24][GM]Xophious>> let us know.
    [22:49:39][GM]Xophious>> Is there another question or concern I can help with before I investigate though?
    [22:49:46]>>Xophious : no, thats all, ∩'Thank you.∩(
    [22:50:12][GM]Xophious>> Thank you much for contacting us, Nynja. I apologize again for any trouble.
    [22:50:22][GM]Xophious>> If you have any customer-service feedback, it can be left through support.na.square-enix.com >
    [22:50:29][GM]Xophious>> FINAL FANTASY XI > Contact > Suggestions & Feedback
    [22:50:35]>>Xophious : no problem...I honestly cant stand ppl who do stuff like that so blatantly
    [22:50:43][GM]Xophious>> Also, the Special Task Force can be reached through > Contact > Report to Special Task Force
    [22:51:09][GM]Xophious>> I know what you mean, it leaves everyone else at a disadvantage.
    [22:51:52][GM]Xophious>> Please take care.
    [22:52:00]>>Xophious : I always do ∩'Thank you.∩(
    **Did some glavoids, went back to bats to get more pops sets, and the people I reported an hour eariler are STILL flee hacking around
    [00:07:57](Nynja) and GM didn tdo shit
    [00:10:14](Nynja) look at this guy, GM didnt do a fucking thing
    **I send a second call and I get a stupid automated reply...**
    [00:36:25](Nynja) a GM cant fucking teleport over to them and notice a whm/anon is fleeing around for 3 minutes?

To this day, these scrubs STILL leave their fleehack at 100% with no repercussion. I hate to namedrop the GM like that, but really, during an entire 7 minute conversation with the GM, I'm watching a whm/something have a constant flee effect and they couldnt do a god damn thing...seriously? You know what that tells me: game on.
    (3)
    Last edited by Nynja; 11-21-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Character
    Fistandantilus
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    LOL nynja! Love you right now. Sevourn is a complete waste of life. At least I don't have to listen to him anymore on ffxiah since he got banned. Keep up the good work!!
    (1)

~Party Rock Anthem~

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast