Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Bots

Character
    Winrie
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    If it isn't a fix rdm thread, or a give sch cure 5 thread, or a useless WTF se thread, or a ps2 limitations thread, it's a dreaded bot thread! Seriously, Anything the op says or any response his thead can have has been said a million times already and is pointless, unless somehow we magically went back in time for hnms or something and someones asshurt they lost a fafnir
    (0)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Don't play with people you know who fleehack or use bots. See a bot in a party? Petition to kick them.

If GMs won't take care of it, you have to. Think of it like a boycott.

Edit: A while back I had to kick a group of players for using clipper/poshacking from my LS (didn't want the bad rep mostly). However a member of the LS saw him using clipper a few weeks later (moving around while dead is probably a very clear sign) and sent a GM a notification. Three hours later I get a /tell from one of the person's mules very angry at the fact that his main got banned. So GMs do still do things, though that doesn't make your part in preventing forest fires any less important!

(8)
    Last edited by Leonlionheart; 11-16-2011 at 08:44 PM.

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tohihroyu View Post
    Sad to say as others are saying no one cares anymore, hell wouldn't be surprised if they are getting some dirty money from botters so they are left alone even more so.

Though I guess the new Trial account restrictions might remove the "lol Chinese gil gathering bots" sure not gonna stop any other botters.

So you can hack steal cheat & bot all you want without the trouble, good for them I guess....bad for those few who play legit & end up griefed or denied content. Ah I can hear it now the botting cheating shits telling me "lol suck less or quit"
    What content are you denied? lets be real here botting mattered when people were denied 24, 36, 52 hour spawns. Now the only thing worth claiming is on a 10 min repop.
    (1)

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    Don't play with people you know who fleehack or use bots. See a bot in a party? Petition to kick them.

If GMs won't take care of it, you have to. Think of it like a boycott.

Edit: A while back I had to kick a group of players for using clipper/poshacking from my LS (didn't want the bad rep mostly). However a member of the LS saw him using clipper a few weeks later (moving around while dead is probably a very clear sign) and sent a GM a notification. Three hours later I get a /tell from one of the person's mules very angry at the fact that his main got banned. So GMs do still do things, though that doesn't make your part in preventing forest fires any less important!

What did you gain out of getting this person's character banned?
    What did you lose by having him pos around?
    (1)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Brolic View Post
    The satisfaction for getting rid of a douchebag.

Time, gil and cruor by walking or warping through areas, when he does it at no cost.

Those questions are retarded, because they don't address the issue. The issues is this is a game where everyone can build up their characters equally. What do you lose if someone just hacks himself all relic, mythic and empyrean weapons? Nothing, but that's not the point. He did something that you aren't able to do, that no one playing by the rules is able to do. It's not abou gaining or losing, it's about what's fair.
    (7)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    its my 12.95!
    (3)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    If they start banning people who use fishbots or fleehack bots or poshack bots nowadays... they'd have to ban roughly 30% of the paying population. Doubt they can let that happen, seeing how less and less people keep playing FFXI.

Sad but true =/
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I'd bet closer to 5% of paying customers use bots of some kind. I mean, think about it. If you have thirty fish botting alts logged on every day and three thousand players logged on every day, only 1% of the server is using fish bots. Three AH bots per server. A handful of people who flee bot/claim bot/etc., but honestly probably fewer than there used to be.
    (0)

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    The satisfaction for getting rid of a douchebag.

Time, gil and cruor by walking or warping through areas, when he does it at no cost.

Those questions are retarded, because they don't address the issue. The issues is this is a game where everyone can build up their characters equally. What do you lose if someone just hacks himself all relic, mythic and empyrean weapons? Nothing, but that's not the point. He did something that you aren't able to do, that no one playing by the rules is able to do. It's not abou gaining or losing, it's about what's fair.
    imo there is no issue, if a cliper user isnt detracting from my gaming experience, all power to him to do whatever he wants to do.

You see leon's story and say getting rid of a dbag. I see what, he got someone banned who may or may not have been a friend? helped farm for him? right because they weren't kicked for being shitty members, they got kicked for his"rep"
    (0)
    Last edited by Brolic; 11-17-2011 at 03:42 AM.

Character
    Uptempo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriegsgott View Post
    just wonder if SE going to prepare the next Banhammer against Botuser like
    Fishbots the should make Gil with WoE or other Events and not Afk while Sleeping or Working!
    I'm a fisherman in game and im sick of people like you accusing people fishing of all been bots the amounts of tells or emotes i get per day is sickening it's borderline harasment. I'm just to the point were i tell them to fu** of soon as they start with tells or emotes.
    (0)
    Last edited by uptempo; 11-17-2011 at 03:49 AM.
    Htid!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast