Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Player
    Be fair, he actually did quote them today. That's some progress, right?
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Froggis View Post
    Honestly, the "triple" post was not in bad taste as each post addressed different topics, thus it allowed for better organization and keeps the reader from being lost in a wall of text, which is considerate, not rude.
    People dismissing the post if it was one post for being a "wall of text" when it would have been clearly organized would have been more rude and in poor taste then it being a triple post.

Actually, if anything was rude about his posts (although I do wish he put it in one post, but meh) it was that he quoted the entire message of people rather then only quoting relevant parts. That bugs me a lot more then double posting because at least with double posting there are occasional reasons for it (not saying there was in this case however).

To be honest, I'm not really that bugged by it, but if someone feels the need to talk about formatting etiquette, there it all is.
    (1)

Character
    Stylin
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    You know what bugs me? All the back seat modding. CapriciousOne's posting style is nobody's business but his own. If it's that much of a problem report it and let a mod sort it out. Don't speak of forum etiquette and how rude someone is being in the same breath that you're berating them over such a trivial matter.

This board needs a PM function.
    (2)
    What is the Cure released five red forehead and I agree.

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The modding team doesn't bug people over formatting.

And if someone's formatting is illegible or they make the page look like ass (not commenting on the person who got called out earlier here), sometimes people should speak up, in a calm, polite manner. I cannot count the number of times where someone politely asking someone to include paragraph breaks and such has saved a post.

Only you can prevent bad post formatting.
    (2)

Character
    Capriciousone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I wouldn't even care about triple posting if he just quoted the people he was responding to for the other 99.99% of the forums who uses the internet-standard view. It's the very definition of inconsiderate.
    Yet even in this statement you fail to do just the very thing you complain about but ok.

In any case every forum is different in what their standards are and personally I am past the point of caring what makes anybody but me happy at this point in my life anyway. Some people there is just no pleasing no matter how hard you try so why bother.

For instance if I quote somebody and bold sections or do any time of formatting to their quoted post they cry about that crap. If i only quote the sections of thier original post that i'm responding to some people cry about that by asking "why you delete most of my post?" If I quote the entire post, then include my responses in a new paragraph directly after the section i'm responding to inside of the quoted response that is a problem but I cant do that on SE forums because it say I didnt type anything and won't post.

Personally I just gave up and give the finger to everybody and just do what I do whether anybody like it or not until the mod permanently ban me. Anybody who isnt the mod can just kiss it. I mean short of threats of violence, verbal abuse, racial slurs, etc people really need to get over themselves.

To keep on mark with the thread, I generally dont like any subjob that is mage with my red mage. In my eyes I dont view it as a mage job like WHM/BLM/SCH. True mage jobs in any game you play generally refuse to use bladed weapons of any sort be it a dagger, sword, and you can forget about 2 handed blades like great swords and greataxes etc. In addition most mage jobs in most games arent even able to wear anything but lousy cloth armors that give no real physical protection worth anything.

I suppose if they had given rdm the supposedly "jack of all trades" access to Dual wield say around level 60 or so I might be more willing to do those jobs but rdm get pigeonholed so much to backline play that I just refuse to do that bs at this point in my RDM career. I refuse to be a nurse or waste mp nuking for the crap damage we do compared to a blm or sch. At this point I rather keep my dual wielding and alternative healing with waltzes and sambas that dancer provides then be bothered with whm/sch/blm. I am still undecided on rdm/blu however. Other than /dnc I personally like /pld for the defense bonus traits to reduce damage taken a little further or /drk for the attack bonus to increase damage output a little more but I'm still playing around with alot of subs just to see what I personally like.
    (2)
    Last edited by CapriciousOne; 12-04-2011 at 04:31 AM.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Just remember, defense does almost nothing for your damage taken, and if you get enough of it then it does do absolutely nothing. Monsters with a higher level then you have a ratio floor of 1.0, yeah SE cheats. Things like -PDT and -MDT will have a much more significant effect on your survivability then things like defender / cocoon / Defense Bonus traits. Twilight Torque has become my staple TP piece during anything with aoe's and "die now" moves. Also look into Umbra cape and other -PDT pieces, just try not to lower your haste too much in doing so.
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Just remember, defense does almost nothing for your damage taken, and if you get enough of it then it does do absolutely nothing. Monsters with a higher level then you have a ratio floor of 1.0, yeah SE cheats. Things like -PDT and -MDT will have a much more significant effect on your survivability then things like defender / cocoon / Defense Bonus traits. Twilight Torque has become my staple TP piece during anything with aoe's and "die now" moves. Also look into Umbra cape and other -PDT pieces, just try not to lower your haste too much in doing so.
    I value PDT over Haste at this point. Luckily, most of our good Haste pieces and PDT pieces aren't on the same slots.

RDMs really shine when we take significantly less physical damage, because we already take less magical damage than most jobs. If you want less breath damage as well you can look into Crimson/Blood Scale Mail and Dark Rings. I doubt we will ever be a main tank candidate anymore, but at least we can take hits respectably. God knows we've been taking them from SE for long enough (See what I did there?).
    (1)
    Last edited by ManaKing; 12-05-2011 at 03:36 PM.
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    You know what bugs me? All the back seat modding. CapriciousOne's posting style is nobody's business but his own.
    Actually, once it's on the internet, it ceases to become only one person's business.

Quote Originally Posted by CapriciousOne
    Stuff about being too hot to hold a stick and wear a dress and be a nurse
    ...but healing people with Waltzes and Sambas is perfectly Ok in your eyes and you have no conflicted feelings about that at all. Gotcha.
    (2)
    Last edited by Ketaru; 12-06-2011 at 01:32 AM.
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    I value PDT over Haste at this point. Luckily, most of our good Haste pieces and PDT pieces aren't on the same slots.

RDMs really shine when we take significantly less physical damage, because we already take less magical damage than most jobs. If you want less breath damage as well you can look into Crimson/Blood Scale Mail and Dark Rings. I doubt we will ever be a main tank candidate anymore, but at least we can take hits respectably. God knows we've been taking them from SE for long enough (See what I did there?).
    Ohh no doubt, I was more talking about something like 2% PDT for 4% haste would be a bad swap, but 4~5% PDT for equivalent haste wouldn't be too bad. I'd keep haste hands / feet over darksteel for example.
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Ohh no doubt, I was more talking about something like 2% PDT for 4% haste would be a bad swap, but 4~5% PDT for equivalent haste wouldn't be too bad. I'd keep haste hands / feet over darksteel for example.
    Exactly, and you can give up DPS if all you care about is being able to take hits. Nothing wrong with an Earth Sham and Genbu's when all you are doing is going around Diaga-ing everything in Dynamis. So long as you have others that are killing and procing with you, you can hold and process more mobs more quickly.
    (1)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast