Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Whats your favorite subjob for RDM? What is your least favorite?

Don't include any subjobs that you don't actually play in your least favorite. That is cheating.

My favorite is /DRK. I get TP for nuking and actual WSs to use it with. Stun and Absorb-TP are nice against harder Mobs. Last Resort and Other Absorbs are also fun. I can land Dark Magic on most mobs. I can proc all dark yellows that aren't BLU or BRD, I can proc 5 Red procs.

My least favorite is /WHM. You get 1 job trait and 1 job ability. Auto REGEN and Divine seal every 10 minutes. There are 2 more job abilities at level 40, but WHM doesn't like to share. So besides curing status affects, which i'm more than happy to /WHM for if I know about it ahead of time, I don't get what the big deal is.
    (2)
    Last edited by ManaKing; 11-15-2011 at 05:16 AM.
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Easier would just be to list pros of each sub.
    • Warrior
      Provoke, Berserk, Defender, Warcry, Aggressor, Defense Bonus, Double Attack (10%), Attack Bonus, Fencer. Additional access to Sword and Club weapon skills.
    • White Mage
      Divine Seal, Auto-Regen, complete access to -na spells, Reraise, Barspellras, Teleports, Banishga, Flash, and eventually Repose. Increased access to Club weapon skills.
    • Monk
      Boost, Dodge, Focus, Chakra, Chi Blast, Martial Arts IV, Subtle Blow II, Counter, Max HP Boost II. Guard skill.
    • Black Mage
      Elemental Seal. Drain, Aspir, Warp, Warp II, Stun, Escape, Tractor, Sleepga, Elemental Debuffs, low level AOE nukes.
    • Thief
      Steal, Sneak Attack, Flee, Trick Attack, Mug, Hide, Gilfinder, Evasion Bonus II, Treasure Hunter II.
    • Red Mage
      ~ Um... Yeah.
    • Paladin
      Holy Circle, Shield Bash, Sentinel, Cover, Undead Killer, Shield Mastery, Defense Bonus II, Auto Refresh. Flash. Increased access to Sword and Club weapon skills.
    • Dark Knight
      Arcane Circle, Last Resort, Weapon Bash, Souleater, Arcana Killer, Attack Bonus II, Occult Acumen, Stalwart Soul, Drain, Aspir, Absorb-Spells, Absorb-TP, Stun, Tractor. Increased access to Sword and Club weapon skills.
    • Beastmaster
      Charm, Gauge, Reward, Tame, Vermin Killer, Bird Killer, Amorph Killer, Lizard Killer, Wide Scan III. Pet Commands: Fight, Heel, Stay, Sic, Leave.
    • Bard
      Songs, notably Threnodies, Carols, Lullabies, Magic Finally, Mages Ballad, Advancing March, and Battlefield Elegy.
    • Ranger
      Sharpshot, Scavenge, Camouflage, Barrage, Shadowbind, Alertness, Rapid Shot, Accuracy Bonus II, Wide Scan IV. Access to Archery and Marksmenship weapon skills.
    • Samurai
      Warding Circle, Third Eye, Hasso, Meditate, Seigan, Sekkanoki, Zanshin, Store TP II, Demon Killer. Increased access to Club weapon skills.
    • Ninja
      Stealth, Dual Wield III, Subtle Blow III. Tonko, Monomi, Dokumori: Ichi, Jubaku: Ichi, Kurayami: Ni, Hojo: Ichi (and soon Hojo: Ni), Ninja Wheel, Utsusemi.
    • Dragoon
      Ancient Circle, Jump, High Jump, Attack Bonus, Dragon Killer, Accuracy Bonus. Wyvern Targe/Earring latent effects.
    • Summoner
      Auto Refresh, Max MP Boost II. Summons. Blood Pacts including Sleepga, Nightmare, and soon, Hastega and Noctoshield.
    • Blue Mage
      Burst Affinity, Chain Affinity. Blue Magic such as Metallic Body, Cocoon, Foot Kick, Smite of Rage, Blank Gaze, and many others and soon Jettatura. Increased access to Sword and Club weapon skills.
    • Corsair
      Phantom Roll (one roll, half potency), Double-Up, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot. Phantom Rolls, such as Evoker's Role. Access to Marksmanship weapon skills.
    • Puppetmaster
      Activate, Repair, Martial Arts, Evasion Bonus II. Puppet. Guard Skill. Pet Commands: Deploy, Deactivate, Retrieve, Maneuvers.
    • Dancer
      Accuracy Bonus, Dual Wield II, Evasion Bonus II, Subtle Blow II, Skillchain Bonus, Aspir Samba, Drain Samba II, Haste Samba, Divine Waltz, Healing Waltz, Curing Waltz I, II, III, Spectral Jig, Quickstep, Box Step, Stutter Step, Animated Flourish, Desperate Flourish, Violent Flourish, Reverse Flourish.
    • Scholar
      Light Arts, Dark Arts, Sublimation, Max MP Boost. Stratagems: Penury, Addendum: White, Celerity, Accession, Parsimony, Alacrity, Addendum: Black, Manifestation. Drain, Aspir, Reraise, most -na spells (but not Stona), Sandstorm, Rainstorm, Windstorm, Klimaform, Firestorm and soon, Hailstorm. Light/Dark Arts increase skills, most notably Dark Magic and Elemental Magic.

Every one of these are useful for Red Mage, considering how adaptable the job is, although some have much harder times finding a useful situation. Dark Knight, Paladin, White Mage, Black Mage, Scholar, Ninja, Dancer, and Blue Mage are probably the most useful (no particular order), with many other jobs having strong niches too. If I had to rate one as the least useful for Red Mage, I'd probably have to go with Dragoon, but I'm sure someone could prove me wrong on that somehow.
    (3)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I only point out that you can't use any Marksmanship Weapon skills because RDMs don't have access to any Marksmanship Weapons. This in turn stops you from being able to Quick Draw your own Enfeebles, IE Slow/Para/Blind 3 and Dia/Bio 4 with /COR. I would RDM/COR if they offered this.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Rivicus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    My fav for frontline roles is /nin and /dnc /nin when solo or shadows are required and /dnc for when I'm filling support role.

my fav for backline roles would be /sch... but I still need to level it ._.;;

my least fav is /whm cause lolpinkmage and it dosent offer much that sch dosent. but until i get off my rear and level sch its all i have.

I also like /rng just for fun as well as /blu.
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Favorite is /NIN for overall use, /DNC for situational support use.

Then /DRK for when Stun is needed, I can use absorb spells along with LR/SE for the final zerg push on the NM.

Then either /SCH for full on support, or /BLM for full on support with stun.

/WAR used to be great but currently DW crush's S+Shield and /DRK provides much of /WAR with added bonus's of dark magic.
    (1)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    I only point out that you can't use any Marksmanship Weapon skills because RDMs don't have access to any Marksmanship Weapons.
    Sorry about the mistake, I was making a fairly long list and Corsair was near the end... well that and it is one of the less common ones, probably for the reasons you mentioned. Not having access to Marksmenship kinda sucks... maybe we'll see an event all jobs Gun/Bullet combo for an event if SE is feeling generous - can anyone think of one of the seasonal events where hunting would be encouraged? Maybe we can petition SE for this.
    (0)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Ill put my hat in for /drk and /nin as favorite subs, prolly drk a bit more till we get some native ws access. As for least favorite, it shouldnt be considered a sub because i cant think of real reasons to use it but /pup, i have gotten light use out of it for healing support but its such a generally unhelpful sub to me that i cant find any regular use for it.
    (0)

Player
    Least favorite is no contest, White Mage. Of all the things you can end up doing on Red Mage my least favorite is baby-sitting status effects. I tend to miss some even with my chat filters set up properly, especially when they come from TP moves and don't show up in the log. It's a very unrewarding task and being asked to come /WHM inevitably means that's what I'll be spending a lot of my time doing.

Favorite subjob is a little trickier to pick. I love Black Mage for its access to Stun, but I think I'd have to pick Scholar. It's my go-to sub for anything that doesn't require more stuns. A lot of the time I'll have to bounce between a few different roles over the course of a night and it isn't really feasible to run back to the mog house every time that happens. For switching roles on the fly Scholar is pretty decent. It's a solid boost to our offensive game but it doesn't cut us off from -na spells should we suddenly need them(barring Stona of course). Really though, it's all about Sandstorm + Desert Boots since I lack access to Go Faster Pants.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Slasher View Post
    Ill put my hat in for /drk and /nin as favorite subs, prolly drk a bit more till we get some native ws access. As for least favorite, it shouldnt be considered a sub because i cant think of real reasons to use it but /pup, i have gotten light use out of it for healing support but its such a generally unhelpful sub to me that i cant find any regular use for it.
    Yeah /NIN takes a nosedive without Almace. Death Blossum was ~ok~ at 75, not since then the game has moved on and DB just doesn't scale well. Definitely must use Evisceration but dagger's are limited, you basically have Twilight and the DMG42 "Resist" dagger.
    (0)

Player
    Favorite back at 75 was either War (campaign only) or Sch/Drk depending on what I was doing. I like doing Stun and if I could get in range, weapon bash for hilarity's sake.

At 95 I would say favorite is either Sch or Nin (if meleeing).

My least favorite is Whm, since bar Stona it feels pretty redundant now.
    (1)

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast