Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    My record is 29 plates out of 34 qilin runs (didn't get any pouches in the first 28 runs, got lucky with 2 pouches within 5 runs of each other.) You must be pretty damn lucky if you're doing 1-4M per 4x qilin. Is that per person or as a group?
    Per person.

Out of 4x Qilins, the majority of us are getting a pouch. This is majority - as from time to time a good chunk of us wont get any - yet most of the time, the majority of us get a pouch as a minimum.

Have seen someone getting 2x pouches and comet in 4x Qilins - hence why my upper limit was about 4M - but most of the time most people in our group end up with a pouch. Maybe it is just luck though. All in all - you either get them or you don't.

So I will stand by my opinion that voidwatch is fine - yet WoE needs work. In fact WoE is in such a bad state that give it another month or two tops - and there will be just as many people doing Campaign as there are in WoE.... In fact sometimes that is already the case. WoE requires a decent head count for it to be worth while and yet with an aging game, and less and less people caring about scrolls/coins - the event is headed in the wrong direction.
    (0)

Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
    You must be 1 hell of a lucky person if you have seem that many boots. Almost all my qilin runs (about 50+ runs by now) we have lights capped and if we're lucky we'll get many 1 boots and havent' seen anyone gotten even the NQ daggers yet. Yeah heavy plates are decent if you need gilz but really whats' the point on making gilz where there isn't that many things that it's useful for unless you want to buy a relic which I have no interest at all. Gilz is easy to get now a day and I really have no interest in it. Plus if I want to make gilz, I would be better off jumping on my BST and go farm currency in Dynamis. Would be faster and less stress than waiting to get all the right jobs and then waiting for people to run up to sky. I dont want gilz, I want boots and daggers from qilin (and bodies and other gears from VW).
    Only just saw this response.

Boots fall from the sky. They are a very common drop. A lot of groups forget TH though - and it is still important. Either get a THF or get your RNG to spam bounty shot whenever its up.

Plates are good - only reason I do VW is for plates / gil at the moment. As for daggers - they are in a similar category to body. We have done sooooo many qilin and have seen NQ dagger a couple of times but never a HQ. I don't think this is insanely broken - the best items are rare.

My point on bringing up the plates is people are complaining about low scroll drop rate (which I agree with in WoE), gil is easy enough to make (from heavy plates alone) doing voidwatch - to simply buy the scrolls.

As for Dynamis - if your farming for gil then its still much slower to spend 2hrs in there solo farming then do a few qilin runs in my opinion. A good group can cap lights, proc TH and kill him in under 10 mins. Give it 5 mins downtime for anyone that died inbetween and your looking at 1hour (plus travel time - which yes, some people cant seem to walk in a straight line) for 4x Qilins. Pouch sells from 1-1.5M usually.. You will be pretty hard pressed farming 100+ pieces in under 1hr in Dynamis I believe.

Finally - as stated above, of course the rarer gear is gonna be RARE. The dagger which is arguably as good as an 85 Twashtar is going to be hard to get. Your kidding yourself if your going to be able to waltz on down there and kill him a few times and get it. Same with the bodies - some of them are circumstantially better then even AF3 bodies on some jobs (for certain actions). Of course they arent going to be easy to get. (In saying that, I know AF3+2 is easy to acquire yet it still takes time).
    (0)

Character
    Lllen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Well I look at it this way, only use for Blm anymore is azzure lights and proc'ing, don't need the high level spells to succeed. They are luxuries for the purest. I enjoy Blm, but it is down at the bottom of the list now with my Rdm (1st Love). I don't mind doing quests or battles to get spells, but spending hours and hours and I mean hours!!! (only certain hours of the day can you find people at WoE) and all I get are a bunch of useless coins and logs. I can almost make the Katana with the coins I have. It is almost as if Se is nurfing Blm legally.

Its not that I want everything instantly...I went years getting Duelist from Dynamis and the Blm gear, then Thf hands.
    (0)
    Last edited by lllen; 12-17-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Character
    Tinderil
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    WoE is totally broken/useless. SE just keep implementing sadistically hard/time consuming/unrewarding content. Seems to me they are really trying to kill the game off now making it less and less appealing for people to keep playing. After having spent 30+ hours playing in WoE, + another say 10-15hrs waiting around to either get in or get enough people to go with, I've not seen a single BLM spell drop. A few coins, sure. I have maybe 5 of each kind. Unfortuantely I don't reall need them, as I'd do the empy weapon instead, but I can't sell/trade them to at least get some reward out of them.

Major fail SE.
    (0)

Character
    Milianna
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 96
    LITTLE MOOGLE THERES SO MUCH WRONG WITH THIS STATEMENT

There's no freaking balance.. ok and to insult us you put UTTER CRAP in that chest.. yes i said it UTTER !#@(U&@(#&@# CRAP. OKAY? After doing a long boring WoE that I skipped sleep for I don't wanna open the box to find a whopping 3k worth of items and be told I can't come in for another hour. AMERICANS HAVE LIVES YOU KNOW? We don't have 6 yrs to sit down chasing after a stupid spell that we can only do during JAPANESE TIME cause u discouraged the rest of the gaming community away from getting them with their HORRIBLE drop rates and crappy rewards. No your not forcing anyone to play it more by adding non profitable TRASH in the chest.. you give us a headache and you waste our precious time, you not even making it 'difficult', you making it STUPID. Since when should LUCK determine when you can get your final skill and not merit/Achievement. Apparently to you guys now it does. Learn from Einherjar and stop the crap py low rate lottery BS plz. Thanks.

PS. Your VNM'S Suck too.. Ok a challenge should always come with a reward.. not BS... and thats what SE is serving lately fresh dirty BS. And I'm not refereing to the Twilight/Abyssea NM item (Omg same item drop last ten time) type of BS.
    But you're serving the nasty (Tiamat only dropped a fire crystal WDF) kinda BS. we aren't liking it. And that's why half ur game remains an empty dome of useless memory being wasted and your game population will decrease till no one feels its worth the effort anymore after playing this game for 8 yrs worth of you NONSENSE.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zemarin; 12-20-2011 at 11:36 PM.

You can talk the talk, but can you walk…the Walk of Echoes? (sorry...)

I have some information in regards to some positive adjustments to be made to rewards obtainable in Walk of Echoes. The development team is currently working on the below changes:
    • Raising drop rate on Devious Die in Walks eight through eleven.
      *Planning to adjust the rate so that roughly half of the members that participate will be able to obtain the item.
    • Magic scrolls geared towards level 96+ will be added to the rewards of Walks twelve through fifteen.
    As long as everything goes smoothly, we will be implementing these adjustments during the test server update which is scheduled for the latter half of next week. Please let us know your opinions on this!
    (7)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    • Magic scrolls geared towards level 96+ will be added to the rewards of Walks twelve through fifteen.
    Wait, wait wait, the scrolls weren't in the new walks? My brother spends almost any free moment that there seem to be people in the walks in WoE, and of course, all anyone is doing is the new walks, and I'm sure he's not the only one there trying to get the scrolls... and they aren't there?

*extreme sadface*

Mariela
    (4)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

I have some information in regards to some positive adjustments to be made to rewards obtainable in Walk of Echoes. The development team is currently working on the below changes:
      *Planning to adjust the rate so that roughly half of the members that participate will be able to obtain the item.
    As long as everything goes smoothly, we will be implementing these adjustments during the test server update which is scheduled for the latter half of next week. Please let us know your opinions on this!
    Dollar short, day late.
    (2)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no comet foo joooo
    (1)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Just so you know, not sure about any other server, but here, no one is doing 8 to 11 on the weekends during JP prime (only time anyone are really doing WoE anymore). So adding them there are like several months too late. So please consider the same/similar drop rate on these items for the 12-15 that are currently out as well. Thanks.
    (4)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast