Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Character
    Phaffi
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    They could just add shield/harp to Ruin coins. Cause lolstaff.
    I said a sixth coin so that one of each coin type could occupy fluxes 1-6
    (0)

Character
    Kysaiana
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    WoE is beyond dead on Siren. You're lucky to find a JP group on Fri/Sat during JP prime time. The biggest issue with WoE is that if you don't have enough random people to clear a conflux, you get nothing. I like WoE better now than it used to be, but one thing the old system got right was you didn't have to clear a zone to get drops. It would be better if WoE was similar to the way Legion is set up, where you get drops and points based on the number of enemies you defeat before time runs out.

As it stands, I highly doubt a slight increase in dice will cause a Renaissance for Walk of Echoes.
    (1)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kysaiana View Post
    WoE is beyond dead on Siren. You're lucky to find a JP group on Fri/Sat during JP prime time. The biggest issue with WoE is that if you don't have enough random people to clear a conflux, you get nothing. I like WoE better now than it used to be, but one thing the old system got right was you didn't have to clear a zone to get drops. It would be better if WoE was similar to the way Legion is set up, where you get drops and points based on the number of enemies you defeat before time runs out.

As it stands, I highly doubt a slight increase in dice will cause a Renaissance for Walk of Echoes.
    That would have been ideal but time out doesn't generate a chest for people to open. You just time out and gets kicked back into the lobby. So, if they would go down this route (a good compromised imo), then they would have to give a 5min before time out where chest can be popped. I dont know how easy or hard this would be but I definitely could support that since it'll give the solo'ers opportunities in getting something.
    (0)

Character
    Vrytreya
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Please let us know what you think.
    Please remove the requirement zombie-ing in WoE when you are not teaming up with healer (for whatever reason that is).
    WoE isn't pleasant to do because you're spending 90%+ of your time zombie-ing. And playing your job when weakened isn't considered playing at all.

All the popular Flux (7,9,11,12,13, and that's probably the only fluxes people do most of the time) always had me zombie-ing for whatever action I did.

Removing AoE power from boss is one thing, but even normal monster have enough power in their AoE to wipe anything nearby. Take an example Pterandon in flux 11, Warped wail will half your HP -> proceed with storm wing and you will get people killed.
    (0)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    If you haven't figure out by now, the way WoE are setup now. It favors pet jobs like SMN and BST more so than any other job. Personally I dont have any problem with this since SMN and BST has been nerfed and negated by SE for years now. So you can either level one of those jobs, or level a BLM or RNG job. Or, do what every other melees does in WoE. Spam death to gain points. It's sad isn't it but that's just how WoE has become due to ally hate no one in their right mind will ever group with ppl that they dont know that isn't an idiot who will aggro everything that's not worth killing.

Or just go kill the smaller mobs and leave the big boss to the SMNs and BSTs (and those MPK'ing BLMs).
    (2)

Character
    Vrytreya
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    BLM and RNG, in particular, are in great disadvantage because the value of those 2 jobs are literally zero when double-weakened (nuke for zero, miss 100% of the time). So when the person at the top of hate list dies, the mob is just 1 step closer nabbing you.

Somehow the way to do WoE is like:
    - Pet job : You sometimes die, but it doesn't matter anyway. You can do the job fine being weakened/double weakened
    - Melee job : will get zombie'd most of the time, so super slow is imminent, and low HP will just ensure you to die again soon
    - RNG and BLM job : fine for 1st death, but when they die again, they fall into total uselessness.

Zombie-ing isn't playing.
    (1)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    WoE and VW isn't playing either if by playing you mean there's a BALANCED reward to the efforts. I know idiots who has gotten Toci off Pil under 100 run, I've also know ppl like myself who are 0/250 and some even over 400+. Is that fun?

Now that we get that out of the way, Zombie-ing might not be a great way to play but if the only jobs you have are DDs, then that's really is your own way to gain points under the current WoE system. It's absolutely stupid but it is what it is.
    (2)

Character
    Danita
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Necro post, but no point starting a new topic.

The only way my girlfriend and I can do Walk of Echoes is by grabbing 100k and heading to flux 15 on thief. We zone in for 1k and if we don't get brew, we zone out and repeat. It takes about 50-100 tries each to get 1 brew or so, which is about 2 to 3 hours. After that you just Brew, 2hr, flee, and pray that you make it to the boss and he's generous (and that he doesn't enfeeble your brew away). It's the most boring thing imaginable, frankly, but it's also the only way to actually get a chance at the drops from flux 15. WoE is dead on Siren.

I would kill for buyable Brews. Zoning in and out for 3hrs makes me want to shoot myself. If I could spend that time doing something to get cruor/gil and then spend that on a single WoE Brew, then at least this event wouldn't suck so hard. It would certainly cause people interested in the drops to show up every time they felt like burning a Brew, making it so that incidental items like Die would be available to players.

EDIT: Been at this for 7 hours now. Still no brew. Spent 110k. My girlfriend did it with me, so over 200k so far; that's 14 hours of zoning in-out between us, a minimum of 200 enter/exits with no brew. It's 30min after midnight and she's furious, but I refuse to sleep until I get one. This is the perfect example of why I am canceling my account.
    (3)
    Last edited by Danita; 10-18-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Looking at ffxiah, WoE can't be dead on Siren, but it is certainly not as busy as on Phoenix. Last 25 Elder Grips sold on your server date back to 9th Sep. On Phoenix it's 5th Oct.
    (0)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8