Grind before find.
    (1)

Character
    Maahes
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    wow i just went to try a few WoE tonight (gmt) and flux 8,9,10 and 11 are all totally empty...

So cant even try this system tonight ....
    (1)

BLM RDM BLU WHM SMN ZnotZED (Alexander)

Character
    Tinderil
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Absolutely agree, the drop rates of spells is woeful, SE have completely messed up (yet again). In 30+ WoE runs in fluxes 9 & 11, I've received 0 BLM spells. I did get a Whm and a Rdm one though, but obviously they drop more frequently as their AH price is a few hundred k, instead of 1-2M like the BLM ones. 30+ WoE runs, at on average of 1hr/run including missed out runs because the flux fills too quickly, or hanging around for hours not getting enough people to do a run and successfully win, makes this the biggest waste of time SE have introduced in a long time. Bring back the Abyssea style farming/drops, where people at least get some guarantee of drops after staggers, not fully random BS that never works.
    (2)

If you have such bad luck then i would advise you to do this. Farm dynamis once you can get about 100 coins solo which will get you about 1m gil enough to buy any of the new scrolls on the AH.
    (1)

Character
    Cabensis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Circumventing a broken system, does not fix said broken system.

This isn't WoE alone. Voidwatch.
    (2)

Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    VW is not broken. Most of us make on average 1-4M gil per 4x Qilin... Not to mention we could open a shoe shop with how many boots we have seen.

Trade your cells, cap your lights, proc your TH - and you will get drops half the time. If you don't - keep all the synth mats and AH or NPC them. Still a great way of making gil. After doing 4-8x qilin's you can just straight out buy one of the scrolls you miss.

I do agree with WoE though. If you're not a SMN or PLD you might as well not bother. The drops in WoE are terrible - and yes for some reason I could open a bank with the amount of coins of ruin I could have kept. Coins of Ruin seem like a stupidly high drop rate compared to other coins (if people actually make WoE weapons these days).

Perhaps tie the coins into what job you are currently on - ie BLM will get ruin, RDM will get coin for sword - etc etc.

Another suggestion is copy the voidwatch format loosely and implement that into WoE. Give everyone the ability to read hints for staggers, add alignment that is shared with everyone in that conflux, give all the mobs the ability to be proc'd (or on multi-boss zones like the mandies - can proc only the pink ones or something).

Finally add some form of gil or cruor reward to the end - doesnt have to be much, however when people are grinding out WoE and get nothing for the 4-5 hours that they may spam it for - it gets a little unmotivating. WoE is dying fast - and for an event that needs quite a lot of participants to work, it will head in the same direction as Campaign. We all know how bad campaign is these days (even with the exp/IS buff)
    (0)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    You must be 1 hell of a lucky person if you have seem that many boots. Almost all my qilin runs (about 50+ runs by now) we have lights capped and if we're lucky we'll get many 1 boots and havent' seen anyone gotten even the NQ daggers yet. Yeah heavy plates are decent if you need gilz but really whats' the point on making gilz where there isn't that many things that it's useful for unless you want to buy a relic which I have no interest at all. Gilz is easy to get now a day and I really have no interest in it. Plus if I want to make gilz, I would be better off jumping on my BST and go farm currency in Dynamis. Would be faster and less stress than waiting to get all the right jobs and then waiting for people to run up to sky. I dont want gilz, I want boots and daggers from qilin (and bodies and other gears from VW).
    (2)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alderin View Post
    VW is not broken. Most of us make on average 1-4M gil per 4x Qilin... Not to mention we could open a shoe shop with how many boots we have seen.
    My record is 29 plates out of 34 qilin runs (didn't get any pouches in the first 28 runs, got lucky with 2 pouches within 5 runs of each other.) You must be pretty damn lucky if you're doing 1-4M per 4x qilin. Is that per person or as a group?
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Igget
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    There's a like button for posts, but this one makes me look intensely for a dislike button. I mean; Come on!

Yes; it needs to be difficult to obtain stuff, and the new spells shouldn't be handed to you on a silver platter like most everything else is these days. But part of the process to log into this game tells us not to forget our friends, family, or work! In other words; pay SE the money to play the game every month, but make sure you have a real life outside of the game as well! It's hard to get everything one wants in the game without logging massive amounts of game time.

I for one have a life outside of this fun game. That being said; I don't have massive amounts of free time that I can play trying to get all the cool stuff! I'm quite sure that I'm not the only person who plays this game that has a real life. If you do have an active real life, and have managed to get all, if not any of the newer BLM spells; cudos to your lucky tail!
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I forwarded your feedback to the dev. team about adjusting the drop rates for spells in WoE.

They let me know that while it wouldn’t be impossible to adjust the drop rates, this would cause other items drop rates (coins, etc.) to be lowered, so from a balance perspective it would be difficult to do.

Also, the high tier magic scrolls have been set to a somewhat higher difficulty to obtain, and it has not been balanced so that you are guaranteed to learn the spell as soon as you reach the proper level.

The drop rates are stupid. There is no reason for the coin drop rates to be lowered.

Poor translation. I think what you really meant is not "from a balance perspective it would be difficult to do. ".

I read that as: "We don't care what you think. We're not changing it."
    (1)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast