Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I forwarded your feedback to the dev. team about adjusting the drop rates for spells in WoE.

They let me know that while it wouldn’t be impossible to adjust the drop rates, this would cause other items drop rates (coins, etc.) to be lowered, so from a balance perspective it would be difficult to do.

Also, the high tier magic scrolls have been set to a somewhat higher difficulty to obtain, and it has not been balanced so that you are guaranteed to learn the spell as soon as you reach the proper level.
    The equipment should be the rarest drops. Spells in the middle, and coins be the highest. There. You have moderate difficulty to obtain spells, hard difficulty to obtain gear (some of which is of extremely high value because of its rarity due to people not doing those Walks) and coins, which the average layperson wants from WoE the highest.

I think I just solved your item drop balance.
    (5)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    So are you saying that the drop rates of scroll are linked to the drop rate of coins via code? If so then that's silly and you should fix that. If you mean that you don't want both coins and scrolls to have reasonable drop rates, then that is also silly and you should fix that.
    (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Mistmonster
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Yes maybe the high tier should be maybe a bit more difficult. But this is the real effect it is having on me (I'm speaking for myself I really don't need a bunch of people in here calling me lazy, I probably am)

I'm still paying for my account but I have maybe logged in 3 or 4 times since the update. Seriously I just did the level 95 limit break yesterday and logged off. You know why? I can't afford to get spells on one of my main job. The price has barely gone down since the update which must mean they are still ultra rear drops. So I can play the lottery at BCNMs but it just seems like a waste of time, I never get drops from those anyway.

Because I miss playing I'm trying to choose another job, (some melee that gets their abilities for free) but everyone always wanted my BLM.

I agree with the above poster. Gear should be rare. For that +1 stat it's nice to have but you can play your job without being gimp with it.

And for the folks that are going to call me lazy anyway. Give me another difficult, time consuming, hell put JP midnights in there as well I don't care as long as the quest is mostly solo-able (ie like Sleepga 2 was in its day) and I'll be happy.
    (1)

Character
    Winrie
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It would make too much sense for a weaker weapon than an empy to be easier to obtain than the much better version, and it would make too much sense for us to have realistic chances at getting spells we need without having to be rich, don't bother, they won't fix it proper just like they won't fix voidwatch
    (6)

Character
    Cabensis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    #OccupySquareEnix

Don our Wizard Hats, Capes and Subligars. Show them we mean business.

I agree with this thread. Changes need to be made. I have enough "Coins of Ruined My Dam Afternoon" to make 3 Staffs. Not a coin over 20 in the others.
    (1)
    Last edited by Calintzpso; 11-20-2011 at 01:58 AM.

Character
    Misi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I stopped counting after 100k+ worth a merit points and not getting a single blm spell. An adjustment would be much appreciated. Even better if the odds of whats in the chest are increased by what job you are currently on. More scrolls would hopefully eliminate the absurd AH prices.

Also,could you ask the devs to eliminate or reduce log drops? I think I've gotten enough logs to make a fort that would rival Fort Ghelsba.
    (2)

Character
    Xellith
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I forwarded your feedback to the dev. team about adjusting the drop rates for spells in WoE.

They let me know that while it wouldn’t be impossible to adjust the drop rates, this would cause other items drop rates (coins, etc.) to be lowered, so from a balance perspective it would be difficult to do.

Also, the high tier magic scrolls have been set to a somewhat higher difficulty to obtain, and it has not been balanced so that you are guaranteed to learn the spell as soon as you reach the proper level.
    HERE IS YOUR BALANCE - REMOVE THE DAMN WORTHLESS DROPS LIKE ORES.
    (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost
    Eleven Fajin boots!
    We did Voidwatch today and Eleven Fajin Boots dropped!! Yay! Thank you Square Enix Incorporated! The Three People that got them today were really happy

Character
    Maahes
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I have to agree. BLM has been my first and main job since i started years ago (i forget when... insert "some time ago") and I can't get ahold of any of the later spells.

i get a few hrs an evening to log in after work, so with the cooldown of how often you can do WoE, and actually wanting to play the game rather than purely farm farm farm, its urgh ! ive had to give up on the later spells for the jobs in there (i have nearly all mage jobs)..
    (4)

BLM RDM BLU WHM SMN ZnotZED (Alexander)

Character
    Cabensis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Maahes View Post
    with the cooldown of how often you can do WoE
    This!

Either Fix the drop rates SE, or give us the Test Servers treatment for all Fluxes. We don't mind if we have to pay 1000gil to enter a flux in Walk of Echoes, but pigeonholing us with the all to common hour wait in between is retarded! Pardon my language but you are technically "holding us back" here so that was the correct word Dev team/Mods.
    (0)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    If SE thinks scroll and coins are somehow directly related to the game balancing, that would worries me to no end more because it clears show that SE is clueless on how people play this game.

Seriously, having all logs and ores from WoE and VW is just WRONG. just because your player base wont craft does not make forcing these materials on them will make them craft. The only thing it has solved so far are the crazy expense for some of the Goldsmith skill levels. I can tell you spamming WoE and VW on hours on end and only thing you get to show for are logs and ores that doesn't cover expenses (cells are expensive for VW). It's wearing on a lot of people who are doing these 2 events.

SE really need to LISTEN on the feedbacks that they are already getting from those events. Unless of course you really want to rename this game "Logs and Ores" because those are basically the only things you get from the 2 current 'end game' since there really isn't anything else to do.
    (1)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast