Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Dev. Posts

Hybrid View

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Increase duration for enfeebling magic

I didn't see a thread for this any where so I thought I'd start one. "What if Composure also increase the duration of enfeebling magic spells like it does for enhancing magic."

First off i don't think I'm suggesting anything game breaking here. Increase duration seems like a natural fit for RDM at this point. Going along with the theme of increase enhancing spell duration. It could cut down on the problematic resistance over time, and allow the RDM to fill the role of the A+ en-feebler just a little bit better. Also this would be great tool to help free us up. And allow us to assist more in healing, adding damage, or anything else required of the job.

It's pretty apparent there's going to be EG content that some of jobs enfeebles are not ever going to stick too. But it would be nice that if the ones we could stick didn't get resisted so quickly after just a few times of landing it or drop after only a minute of being stuck. If were going to be great at spells duration, why not have it that way in enfeebling magic as well.
    (2)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Enfeebling magic duration scaling with skill would be nice, but kind of like how SE throws out mobs with tons of dispels now, they'll probably just make new ones that'll constantly cure debuffs in some manner. Anyway, I have other ideas to go about improving enfeebles, but since they include our dirty melee, it'll automatically incite the ire of certain posters.
    (2)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriha View Post
    Enfeebling magic duration scaling with skill would be nice, but kind of like how SE throws out mobs with tons of dispels now, they'll probably just make new ones that'll constantly cure debuffs in some manner. Anyway, I have other ideas to go about improving enfeebles, but since they include our dirty melee, it'll automatically incite the ire of certain posters.
    Or worse, start making it so NM's heal themselves based on the amount of enfeebles they have present.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    I think if this was to happen it should be based on skill, or even level like the SCH spells capping at double-duration at level 99. Enfeebling doesn't really fit with Composure's theme.

I also think an Augments "Saboteur" would be good. Setting it like Elemental Seal in basically guaranteeing it hitting the mob.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 11-12-2011 at 01:32 AM.

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It would be nice if SE took a look at the Tier II and reformulated them to bypass otherwise immunities to the spell. Being as RDM is currently (and hopefully will stay) the only job that can use Tier II enfeebles (Slow II, para II, blind II) the spell should be adjusted to give it a finite niche to being used over lower versions other than simple potency.

Over the last 3-4 years SE has made it so Enfeebles are less and less utilized because most of the bigger monsters/large scale fights make the enfeeble useless due to immunities. For Tier I enfeebles I could understand this, but not so much on Tier II. Enfeebles were meant to ease the burden of the fight by slowing the TP phase (but now monsters have drastic regain), and to a lesser extent lowering the accuracy of TP moves/melee attacks.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat View Post
    It would be nice if SE took a look at the Tier II and reformulated them to bypass otherwise immunities to the spell. Being as RDM is currently (and hopefully will stay) the only job that can use Tier II enfeebles (Slow II, para II, blind II) the spell should be adjusted to give it a finite niche to being used over lower versions other than simple potency.

Over the last 3-4 years SE has made it so Enfeebles are less and less utilized because most of the bigger monsters/large scale fights make the enfeeble useless due to immunities. For Tier I enfeebles I could understand this, but not so much on Tier II. Enfeebles were meant to ease the burden of the fight by slowing the TP phase (but now monsters have drastic regain), and to a lesser extent lowering the accuracy of TP moves/melee attacks.
    Made worse by the fact we now know the only enfeeble we'll be getting in the next cap is Gravity II... bleh!
    (0)

Player
    Itzpapalotl does that already, he just doesn't matter as he's a joke to fight regardless.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    Itzpapalotl does that already, he just doesn't matter as he's a joke to fight regardless.
    I guess my sarcasm was completely lost on you.
    (0)

Player
    Why yes, it is very detectable over text without any indication.
    (2)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    Why yes, it is very detectable over text without any indication.

Seriha wrote,

Upon which I jokingly replied,

Or worse, start making it so NM's heal themselves based on the amount of enfeebles they have present.
    And this is not in reference to the weak Abyssea NM but for the Tier II Jeuno VWNM. With no debuffs on it can heal itself for 2~4K, with debuffs it'll heal for 20K+. Basically putting any form of debuffs at all on the mothra will guarantee a time out. It's so bad that we have to be careful when procing using weaponskills with additional effects on them.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast