Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    EDIT: And what is up with Healing Breath III? You learn it at level 40... And that's it. That is the best curing ability you get from your wyvern? Comparable to a Cure III, even being able to cast it repeatedly at level 90 with Restoring Breath, you gave DRG a Cure III with a 60 second recast timer at level 90. Try saying that out loud, because I know it may have sounded good on paper, but when you say it out loud, it just sounds insulting.
    Wyrm armet, or saurian helm, both give the equivalent of HB4. Now when my wyvern is fully xp lvl'd in a zone, he will HB me for around 800 hp, without equipping any other wyvern hp+ gear. With wyv hp gear, I can get it to 1k easy. That means I can, in abyssea, get around 1/3 of my hp back every 60 seconds from my wyvern...

I doubt we will ever see another tier of HB, that is one thing that will unbalance the DRG job. If you think your HB is weak, go get some wyvern hp+ gear and buy yourself a new hat. Macro stuff in for restoring breath and you'll be a lot happier.

I'd personally like to see improved wyvern "remove" breaths for /mage - poison, blind, paralyze are fine, but I'd really like remove silence
    I can see them giving us a /ja that would allow non-/mage to remove breath. making /mage pretty much redundant, but we'll see.
    But yeah, some sort of quest path that modded the wyvern's model in game would be nice. Colour alone would be something, but I'd much rather he got a bit bigger
    (0)
    Last edited by Gorp; 03-16-2011 at 02:54 AM.

Character
    Anucris
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    umm i use saurian helm with a bit of wyv HP gear and get mid 400-high 500's usually i dunno where ur getting 800 and 1k. with DB i maybe can get 1k, I dont think HB4 would be unbalanced considering how hard mobs hit in abyssea and endgame areas. its not surprising to be hit for 150-350 on average. and u can barely make that up with a somewhat "slow" HB (we already must be Half health. how much more of a gimp u want?)... our job just isnt very soloable anymore. + there are so many status effects that ruin the fragility of being able to activate your HB and /nin is too risky to avoid those status effects. the solo capabilities was my fav part of drg. lately ive just felt too reliant on others.
    fighting a rabbit in abyssea the other day soon as i hit 1/2 hp i got smacked with a tp move and 1 immediate hit after finished me before HB got off....it was a sad day.
    (0)

Character
    Wolfemasters
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Anucris View Post
    umm i use saurian helm with a bit of wyv HP gear and get mid 400-high 500's usually i dunno where ur getting 800 and 1k. with DB i maybe can get 1k, I dont think HB4 would be unbalanced considering how hard mobs hit in abyssea and endgame areas. its not surprising to be hit for 150-350 on average. and u can barely make that up with a somewhat "slow" HB (we already must be Half health. how much more of a gimp u want?)... our job just isnt very soloable anymore. + there are so many status effects that ruin the fragility of being able to activate your HB and /nin is too risky to avoid those status effects. the solo capabilities was my fav part of drg. lately ive just felt too reliant on others.
    fighting a rabbit in abyssea the other day soon as i hit 1/2 hp i got smacked with a tp move and 1 immediate hit after finished me before HB got off....it was a sad day.
    Don't feel too bad, I know a few guys that all died to a white bunny. It ate people...
    (0)
    "Love thy wolf, more than thy neighbor." ~ W. Masters
    "I'm sorry if you don't like me, but I'm not sorry for being who I am." ~ W. Masters
    "There's nothing wrong with being wrong." ~ W. Masters

Quality of Life Ideas & More:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/43689-Quality-of-Life-Ideas-More

Character
    Maxbebop
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I remember back in FanFest 06, an idea to equip thw wyvern with armor was given, and the Dev team replied that it was a good idea and they were gonne try to do it, where is it? i know i can equip my pup with attachments, why cant we equip armor to our wyvern to enhance its abilities or something similar to pup? i would like to see something like that in the future..
    (0)

Player
    We don't need wyvern armor, our wyverns are floating D50 swords that are fairly accurate and add damage on top of our already stellar damage. Making breath damage static with accuracy based on Max HP would heighten overall damage from breaths per weapon skill. Wyverns get acc bonus III from the virtue of having DRG as a main job so their acc is pretty decent. Instead of adding stupid armor which they already said wouldn't have anything visual due to animation/ps2 limitations, give us a trait at level 95 called 'Heraldry' that adds stats from equipment to wyvern(HP/MP don't transfer, but STR/DEX/VIT/AGI/INT/MND/CHR/EVA/ATT/ACC/Haste/ will, transfering traits like double attack and store TP complicate things and could be abused so just limit it to base/standard attributes leaving out special attributes and traits as well as HP/MP for balance purposes. This would give a tremendous boost to wyvern defense.

The only thing wyverns need otherwise is a -50% damage taken trait like avatars to make them more resistant to aoe attacks. Or since avatars get -50% physical damage, give wyverns -50% magic damage. Or maybe make it so that 'if wyvern receives damage from an attack and is not the main target of the attack, damage taken is significantly reduced.' So AoE attacks which aren't centered on the wyvern are weakened on the wyvern.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 03-17-2011 at 03:49 PM.

Character
    Altrage
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 90
    I agree I wish there would be gear that enhances the Wyvern that the wyvern can equip.

Some effects on the armor could be basic ones:
    Haste+
    Subtle Blow+
    HP+
    TP Bonus+
    Att+
    Acc+
    Magic Att+
    Magic Acc+

As well as more unique ones:
    Healing Breath Potency+
    Elemental Breath Potency+
    Breath casting time- (faster triggering)
    Healing Breath delay- (recast timer)
    Elemental Breath delay- (recast timer)

Even if it were only 4 pieces of the Wyvern that had armor (Head, Tail, Body, Wings) it would be better than nothing. Also it might allow the DRG's armor to actually focus more on enhancing the DRG and his/her abilities than having to 50/50 everything with their Wyvern for mediocre increases.

I agree while the "Wyvern gets food effect" is pretty unique and special, it really lacks in terms of potency in comparison to the other Empyrean sets for the other jobs. I would've rather seen Wyvern Regain+5, Healing/Elemental Breath Potency+25%, or something else that is more direct.

But back to the OP, I agree with just about all that is listed. I feel that the Holy Crest idea is lost after the DRG quest, we see it when we 2hr (I assume that is the Holy Crest that shines around us) but even spirit link (Holy Crest that binds the Dragoon with the Wyvern) doesn't even show case the Holy Crest in the animation...

I honestly would be on the fence with HB4 though, HB3 can potentially hit in the 1k (my highest being 1.2k) relatively easily with the introduction of Abyssea and the newer gear with the Wyvern HP+ and Breath potency+ gear. But I would love it if we got Elemental Breath II, and I feel it's something that we could use to help even us out on dmg.

Anyways thats the end of my spiel.
    (0)

Character
    Anucris
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    revising the "wyvern granted food effects" ability on empyrean body armor would be amazing as it is now it irritates me to cross-eyed rage as its sooooo lame and i dont use food. if i did it would only be for my wyvern of which i will see little to no change. the food effects idea was Horrible! I mean most of us get nothing from it.
    (0)

Character
    Sonshou
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 98
    For me, I like to see an alternative way to restore wyvern HP other than Spirit Link.

I think Spirit Link is too radical, deal a spike damge to the dragoon to restore wyvern HP.

I like to see a Dot version of Spirit Link, let say transfer 50/100HP a tick to wyvern and will break upon wyvern HP is full.

wise use for both spike dmg and dot dmg to restore wyvern can help both the dragoon and the healer in pt.

I don't even mind if both share a same timer.
    (0)

Player
    Honestly Lancer's Plackart +2 is one of the best, if not the best body piece for any melee right now. The 'Grants Wyvern Food Effect' is a nice bonus that didn't have to be there honestly. How is it lame? Giving your wyvern 6-8 STR and +90 attack or +HP for Breath potency when solo seems pretty awesome to me.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 03-24-2011 at 09:36 AM.

Player
    I just thought of the best way to fix Wyvern survival issues. Make Call Wyvern a variable recast based on level and let us 'charge' "Call Wyvern" like Strategems.

Call Wyvern
    Level 1: 20 Minute Recast; 1 Charge.

Level 50: 15 minute Recast; 2 Charges.

Level 90: 10 minute Recast; 3 Charges.

I think this is fair. So at level 90 you could hold 3 Call Wyvern charges plus the one you have out.
    (1)

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast