Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Anucris
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    Gottaa think bigger or you won't get much. Ive listed lots of abilities and traits before. I'll make a full list later when I'm not on phone
    (0)

Player
    All JTs meaning subs included. I really just want a lot more sTP; it's not a genuine idea for improving DRG.
    (0)

Player
    I'd like a trait like that occasionally transfers Wyvern TP to the Dragoon during a hit. Maybe 10% chance that when a Wyvern lands a hit, the DRG will gain TP instead of the Wyvern.

Also more gear that we can equip to enhance the Wyvern when we call it out like Wyrm Mail, that doesn't require us to keep the armor on for the wyvern to gain effect. Maybe AF2+2 set effect can grant the Wyvern Parameter Boost without needing Experience Points, making it useful for areas where Wyverns cant gain EXP or during HNM fights. Equip full AF2+2 then Call Wyvern and the game registers it as if the Wyvern Gained 1000 experience points and will be summoned in it's stronger state boasting higher resistance, HP, etc. The Wyvern paramter boost is nice for exp/merit parties but has no value during real fights when the heightened stats would be welcomed.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 10-04-2011 at 09:00 AM.

Player
    Could be meh or really good depending on implementation, but I could see wyverns gaining a samba-like effect that grants an assortment of buffs to the DRG, which is similar to spirit surge.
    (0)

Player
    I'd like Smiting Breath to be changed so that the Dragoon can select the breath used ala Quick Draw. This way the Dragoon has complete control over which breath is used for such things as procing in Voidwatch. For example, the other day the pink Mandragora Voidwatch NM in Sarutabaruta was weak to "Water elemental Wyvern breaths"; however being a Mandragora, Wyverns will almost never use Hydro Breath but will instead use Flame or Frost Breath...
    (1)

Player
    Technically, you should be able to manipulate that via Ninjutsu/Threnodies.
    (0)

Player
    I don't know if the Breaths are adaptive meaning they change based on current weakness but based on the mob's family/class weakness. For mobs or NMs that change their weakness depending on day or TP moves or dust cloud animations, Wyvern AI doesn't seem to account for such.
    (0)

Player
    While testing Skillchain elements, it was found that Wyvern breaths tend to follow the same pattern. Hence, mob's resistance (Those colorful icons your equip menu has) determines Wyvern's choice of attack. Otherwise, the pet should default to flame or frost breath (The two elements skillchains start with).
    (0)

Player
    A step in the right direction for adjustments to Spirit Surge would be

-Making it add Job Ability Haste instead of Magic Haste would be welcomed..
    -Allowing Spirit Jump and Soul Jump receive 'Wyvern Presence benefits' i.e Critical Hit guaranteed/Increased TP gain as if the Wyvern was alive despite the ability dismissing your Wyvern.

I know SE is thinking about making old jump relavent again but the bonuses to the new Jumps are too useful. The only way they could make old Jumps useful is if they either consolidated all Jumps into one recast, giving a universal recast timer and charges similar to Quickdraw and readjusted all their effects OR make Jump recast shorter than Spirit Jump recast despite sharing the same timer; similar to Collaborator/Accomplice. If Jump was 30 seconds and Spirit Jump was 90 and Jump had a special bonus like shedding hate of the person behind us, it might be a tad more useful than it is now. But the 'hate being shed from the person behind you' thing is kind of useless since Dragoons are rarely put in the same party as a mage in an alliance so the situaitons in which a DRG would need to shed a WHM or BLM's enmity would be limited to very small party situations. Giving them other effects like Stun/Terror/TP Drain Daze/ etc would be more useful
    (0)

Wanted to "jump" in here (get it?) and give our dragoons some cool tidbits on what's in store for them.

After we complete our highest priority tasks of adjusting puppetmaster, scholar, and the firepower of warrior, we would like to add on to the adjustments we made to Wyverns in the 9/19 major version update by adjusting dragoons themselves. We'll be sure to let you know all the details once they become finalized!

Also, this may not be implemented at the same time as the dragoon adjustments, but we plan on adding "Healing Breath IV" to Wyverns and increasing the number of status ailments that can be cured by "Remove Breath."
    (20)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast