Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1

2013: Will you still be playing?

I've no plans to quit next week or next month, but it's been an awfully long time since I've really had a reason to give a damn about logging into Final Fantasy XI. If I'm still asking myself the same old "Why?" every time I log in, I won't be around in November 2012 at the absolute latest.

Grinding, random drops, more random drops, more grinding... changing the color of the dice doesn't make the game fresh or compelling.
    (0)

As long as they keep giving us new content, I will.
    (0)
    Behemothx - Leviathan
    WAR - DNC - BLM - SMN - THF - WHM - SCH - BLU - RDM - BRD - BST - COR

So you've beaten the game?

There are two reasons to play an MMORPG: one is the challenge (which is why all gamers play games) and second is the comraderie. If you have no friends online and have done every challenge that interests you then its time to quit.

Personally I have several challenges left to pursue such as finishing empy weapon and some more +2's, then give VWNM's a spin. Level 99 hasn't hit yet so there will be that in 2012.

If you're bored and don't know what to do, how about trying to get atma of the savior. One of my LS mates accomplished that and I thought it was pretty cool. In a game with so much content its surprising to me that you can get bored, but whatever.
    (0)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    I play for friends now, not content. I'll either stop playing less, if not stop completely, if they quit, when new games come out, or RL stuff just don't leave time for me to play.
    (0)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirabelle View Post
    So you've beaten the game?
    The only expansion pack I've not finished all the missions for is Wings of the Goddess. I'll be done with that by spring at the latest.

As for the six add-ons, I've only finished A Moogle Kupo d'Etat, and that was more from happenstance than any burning desire to get my teeth kicked in for a hat I don't wear and a lackluster, anti-climactic ending cutscene.

Everything else feels like fetch quests, Fear of the Dark XXIV

There are two reasons to play an MMORPG: one is the challenge (which is why all gamers play games) and second is the comraderie.
    If all I wanted is "challenge," I'd get a coin out of my pocket try to flip heads ten times in a row.

"Because it's there" doesn't really work when "there" is the mall food court.

Personally I have several challenges left to pursue such as finishing empy weapon and some more +2's, then give VWNM's a spin.
    I've still got my Final Fantasy "II" cartridge for the SNES. I can consistently beat the final battle, and I've done all the little side-quests involving former playable characters and collecting summoned monsters. I've done just about everything there is to do in that game except get the pink tail.

Skyward Sword is coming out this month. Of all the conceivable reasons why I wouldn't want to pick up and play the game as soon as possible, "I could spend that time instead pacing back and forth in a single small room in the final dungeon of Final Fantasy II" isn't exactly on the top of that list.
    (0)

I play casually, logging in on weekends to do challenging content (Voidwatch) with friends who I can talk to and BS with on Mumble in a casual setting. It's really the only way to stay sane at this point in the game, and I highly recommend it.

A friend of mine recently put in a letter of resignation for the Endgame shell he leads because it was giving him migraines and he was frustrated beyond belief at spamming VW in a hardcore setting every single day without seeing drops. Treating the game like a job right now is the quickest way to make you want to quit and throw your PC out the window.

I recommend picking up Vent, TeamSpeak, Skype, or Mumble honestly. Playing the game becomes a lot more enjoyable when you're able to audibly communicate with people and have fun regardless of what you're doing.
    (1)

Still looking for new games, but the general trend is that nobody knows how to make a MMO, and it all is about attracting people with book or movie or game titles.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently looking into enhancing elemental spirits.
    Miracles do happen!

Not if the game keeps going the way it has been since abyssea ended.
    (2)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I came back because of the level cap. I would have quit with the addition of VW if we were 99 already. I don't see myself lasting too long after 99 unless they make me hate VW less.
    (0)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Katoplepa
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemothx View Post
    As long as they keep giving us new content, I will.
    ^ this.

and sure, I'll stay if my friends keep login, we have plans to do a lot of things we are missing atm, so, I'll be glad to keep on with XI for so long..
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast