Character
    Lyonheart
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95

Synergy needs a better UI

I did some Synergy today for the first time in a long while. I was quickly reminded of what it is I dislike the most about Synergy: the bad user interface.

The NPC dialogue interface is not suited to time sensitive, race-against-the-clock activity. Adding fewell fills the chat log with too many lines of text, and any other messages entering the chat log causes important information to scroll out of the window. Actions that don't list current status force you to waste time maneuvering through the menus to choose the selection for pulling up the current elemental balance. Even without any distractions, all of the vital information is just jumbled together, making it difficult to visually parse and assess the situation.

The last time I felt this frustrated by the game's user interface, it was doing the Steel Resolve campaign op, which also suffers from similar issues. At least campaign isn't as prominent an activity in the game as a whole. Synergy has a much more prominent role, making this frustration harder to avoid.

Please create a better user interface for Synergy, one that is better suited to its complex nature.
    (7)

Player
    ^ This post is accurate and deserving of developer attention.
    (0)