Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

RUN!!! RUN AWAY!!! HURRY!!

I should be sleeping, I'm tired but I got an idea & I had to let it out while its still fresh.
    I'm aware I might get many mean/troll/flame comments or normal comments...ether way...here goes.

New battle field type idea. (possibly MMM? I know no one dose it anymore...)

RUN!!! RUN AWAY!!! HURRY! (solo mainly but up to 6)
    The enemy can't be attacked in any way besides the traps

You are placed within a a maze, and once the timer starts, its quite simple RUN! RUN AWAY! HURRY! you must out run which ever monster is chasing you & they can very by types:

Slow, but hits very hard with high acc
    Fast, hits fast but poor acc
    Average, normal speed, normal acc but the catch is bind & gravity traps

Slow but hard would be a Wyrm

Fast but low acc would be a Chigoe

Normal would be a Goblin or Lizard

along the way you can set various traps to slow down or enfeeble whatever is chasing you, there's also bodies of water like in Caedarva Mire and like that gimmick you ether get super flee or gravity(or ther things like haste, quickening), you can choose to skip the ponds if you don't wish to take a chance, but if you take & get super flee you will be unable to set off traps for an x amount of time. There are also a few gimmicks within the chase you click on them like the traps but they net you some points, depending on your score at the end will reveal your prize, experience/limit points & marbles.

Depending on runes used will determine what you are running from + the objective (besides ya know RUNNING FOR THE F*KING HILLS & again if MMM route)

You also can NOT turn back or back track the pathway gets blocked, you are supposed to run away not run back anyway ;p
    (5)

Character
    Gennadi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I like it, this may work.
    (0)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It's original I guess?
    (0)

RDM soloing 2.0?

j/k (kinda), could be interesting. Just the idea of a BC where your rewarded objective is simply "Survive" as opposed to "Kill this guy" is cool to think about, since an all-out defensive party setup could actually be rewarded if expanded beyond solo play.
    (0)
    Aliekber of Carbamesh
    RDM BLU SCH DRG PLD BLM NIN

Character
    Minikai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    So basically FEAR 3's "Just ****ing Run" game mode...?
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I also find myself reminded of the Wall boss that showed up in IV and XII. While basically a "kill it before it kills you and not just by depleting your HP" kind of fight, such could be adapted to XI with environmental hazards and additional monsters on top. Objectives to slow its advancement could be present, maybe even with bonus rewards if accomplishing certain goals like rescuing an NPC or disabling it within a certain time frame.
    (0)

Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I like these other ideas too, do wish MMM was not so dead though, as far as I remember there's still some MMM only items that are hard or unable to get due to little to no hints on what runes to use.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    the premise here is quite amusing- my only concern would be how to keep it fresh for more than a few goes.
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Definitely sounds original and creative! Wouldn't be too hard for the current Devs to develop, and coupled with a decent reward system in place you could revive MMM with no trouble at all. Good stuff

My input would regard the different ways to "slow down" or incumber the monster that's chasing you or your party. Traps would be great for starters for sure, but developing multiple complex team-oriented strategies that involve precise timing could be really awesome. It could also add some great team pressure and adrenalin pumping moments depending on how you or your teammates have to work together to succeed. For example:
    For Slow Mode: combining traps with fast pace unique mini-boss fights alone the maze path. Starting the run with the use of traps to gain some distance from the chasing monster would be key to giving yourself enough time to dispose of the mini-bosses. The mini-bosses, once defeated, could possibly be turned against the main "chasing" monster(perhaps at 10% HP) and help to further slow it down, or drop special items that once gathered together combine to create a powerful one-time use only weapon that decimates the chasing monster at the end of the maze. This could be really fun if done solo, low-manned, or with a full party of 6.
    ------
    For Fast Mode: Traps combined with multiple small clusters of enemies along the maze path. Starting the run with the use of traps to gain some distance from the chasing monster would be key to giving yourself enough time to dispose of the clusters. These enemy clusters would be easy to dispose of so long as you meet a certain requirement per cluster (similar to that Weapon NM Bridgandish in Sky that has to be killed by that Buccaneer's dagger).

Perhaps depending on the monster types, they have to be killed using either standard melee attack, any weapon skill, or any type of damaging magic (NOT like triggering, but more like using the right key to unlock a door lol). Once kill methods are learned by players, these cluster fights would be really quick, and could again drop certain special items that are necessary to destroy the chasing monster at the end of the maze. Could be done solo with planning and careful selection of the specific mission type, but would be better suited for a party of 6.
    ----
    For Average Mode: Traps combined with large clusters of enemies along the maze path. Starting the run with the use of traps to gain some distance from the chasing monster would be key to giving yourself enough time to dispose of the clusters. These enemies clusters could be killed in one hit so long as the hit is an AoE attack. Either Melee or Magical AoE, a group of 8 or more enemies would be wiped in one well planned attack. To toss in a difficulty wrench, Enimty behaviors could be sporadic making it a challenge to gather the enemies together quickly. These cluster enemies could also drop certain special items that are necessary to destroy the chasing monster at the end of the maze. Could be done solo with planning and careful selection of the specific mission type, but would be better suited for a low-manned party.
    In closing, I suppose the question of could you achieve the same heart racing challenge without having to fight arises, and the answer could be yes, but after 8 years of developing our abilities to battle tactics I tend to marry the concept of "challenging" with "well planned/exacting battles". I tend to remember the 1st Resident Evil game when I think of this concept and how much I was on the edge of my chair when running away from that Tyrant, so again, I really dig the concept for multiple reasons lol. Lets hope Camate can pass this along to the Devs!
    (1)
    Last edited by kingfury; 11-06-2011 at 11:07 PM.