Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Let us buy special items with Tabs from FIeld of Valor/Grounds of Valor

I'm thinking:

Archaic Key - 500 Tabs
    "A forbidden key from a lost era"
    (Opens Locked Treasure Caskets)

Or even cooler would be for something like 20,000-30,000 Tabs, let us buy the special unique Casket Item from the area i.e Smithy Torque, Wizzan Grip, Proeusse Ring etc..

I have 50,00 tabs, and have nothing to spend it on except 50 Tabs here and there for Repatriation.
    (15)

Character
    Retsujo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    That's 1,000 free warps, man!

No, but really. I like your "buy the area's unique item" idea. It would take several hours just to get 20k-30k tabs and would make some things a little easier, while still requiring work be put in to get it.

Well... "work" is relative, but it wouldn't be easy!
    (2)
    Through the confinement of Valefor I found myself in the depths of Hades. It was there that I was thrown into Cerberus' Den. Only through Carbuncle's light could I find my way.

Character
    Morgantis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    You could do some elite fights and try for some agmented -1 invetory also lol
    (2)

Player
    i like the idea
    (0)

Greetings!

Hey Ophannus, I wanted to share some feedback from Mizuki Ito in regards to treasure casket improvements. Similar to your suggestion, a player was asking for the treasure caskets found via FoV and GoV to be more like the ones found in Abyssea and be unlockable with keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuki_Ito View Post
    In regards to treasure caskets, when we were creating the system for Abyssea treasure caskets, we had the idea that if this kind of system was accepted, it would be possible to apply the same rules to other treasure caskets.

There are currently ways such as the kupowers gained from Mog Tablets as well as effects from GoV that will grant increased treasure casket discovery rates, so if we were to follow the same line, we believe methods such as increasing the rate that beneficial hints are given or increasing the amount of hints given when entering numbers would also be possible.

Regardless of the adjustments we adopt, the treasure caskets found throughout Vana’diel are different from the system used for Abyssea treasure caskets and there are also a lot of areas where these are found, so while we cannot do this right away, we would definitely like to look into this.
    Thank you for your suggestion and let us know if you have any additional feedback!
    (18)

Okipuit - Community Team

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    This would be great. A semi-related, but not super important critique I have with the new higher level mobs in older areas is that the drops (from regular mobs) is reflective of what the lower level mobs drop (ie. level 10 slops from a level 90~ mob in Dangruf Wadi).

Not that many people are farming these monsters anyway, but it would be a nice perk to see some similar gear or scrolls occasionally fall from these new mobs while looking for a seasoning stone, or skilling up in GoV areas
    (5)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Retsujo View Post
    That's 1,000 free warps, man!

No, but really. I like your "buy the area's unique item" idea. It would take several hours just to get 20k-30k tabs and would make some things a little easier, while still requiring work be put in to get it.

Well... "work" is relative, but it wouldn't be easy!
    Considering the most difficult GoV pages in the game restrict you to about 500 tabs an hour even when capped, 30k tabs is a HUGE investment* and would seriously not be worth it if you could spend tabs on literally anything else of permanence.

500 tabs for a key, however, is a solid idea that actually manages to keep using a key a meaningful investment.

*you can do better than Potestas Bomblet in 60 hours of farming level 100+ mobs, man
    (1)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Ladycandygem
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'd love to at least be able to peer between the gap of the chest. If I'm killing in a FoV area I'm usually there for the exp, and spending 2 minutes opening a chest just to get a potion is not worth the time, so I ignore chests. If I could tell that a chest was not useless I'd be willing to try to open it.
    (8)

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I really like the idea of buying the zones ra/ex item. I spent several days leveling pld in Gustav tunnel (50 - 73ish) and when I was lucky enough to see a brown casket, it seemed to always be a hi-reraiser or a remedy. I'd really love to have that earring so I can cap my magic.
    (5)

Character
    Kheper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 1
    Why do the reps like derailing threads with translated info that's only barely related to the topic, rather than just announce it in its own thread? :/ Seems to happen pretty often.

Also, OP's idea: way better than what the devs came up with.
    (8)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast