Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°€

Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    I've seen ppl walk in and within 2 to 3 chest get the drop. Sometime's it's not about the bonuses just plan dum luck.
    Only “sometimes”? -.^

Anywho, these chests are definitely one of the most annoying random/luck based things there are today. Using them tabs to buy or otherwise enhance the likelihood of obtaining whatever one might want from a certain area is a great idea because it encourages working towards a goal, instead of forcing players to just hope for the best. I do sort of understand what they mean by stating it would defeat the purpose but no, it does not. I can not agree.

Sadly the same goes for almost anything this game offers. Instead of steadily and surely rewarding players for their work, they instead have to endure said work until luck puts some love out.

It is -- not -- balanced.

One might say Abyssea is the closest to a proper reward-system, but of course that is seemingly considered a mistake...

(2)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 06-12-2012 at 05:35 PM.
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Malphius
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I do like the luck based system of obtaining these items. However I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of being able to use tabs to select your BONUS from completing each page. This would let you purchase with tabs, the "Increased treasure casket discovery" bonus.

I think this would be a fair compromise.
    (1)
    "You can't fool all of the people all the time, but if you fool the right ones then the rest will fall in line".

-Dead Prez

Character
    Thore
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    There really needs to be an update or fixes to getting the R, R/EX items...

Since you won't be able to just buy them with tabs for whatever reason, how about taking out all the useless crap from the caskets?

Nothing like being lucky enough to open a 4 guess casket just find a bone chip or some other bs inside.

Or...

Make them have a better chance of containing the R, R/EX item when you use less guesses to open the casket.
    (1)
    Last edited by Thore; 06-24-2012 at 02:39 AM.

Character
    Zanece
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Can the devs implement keys (purchased via tabs) to open brown treasure caskets already?
    (1)

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Know what I'd like? A field support option that saves your current prowesses, and then lets you recall them later a single time from any GoV manual. Have it cost like 2000+ tabs for the storage, and free to recall. After you use the recall feature, it erases what was saved and you have to store them again. It'd provide a good tab sink, and let people struggling to find those zone-specific goodies keep their casket rate bonuses between trips.
    (1)

Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    need to add a new Prowess that gives more hints from the box. Hate spending Days hunting for the r/ex item from a chest and losing 1/2 my 5 Hint boxes. Would be even Better if we could get a Prowess that increases the odds of getting rare items from the box.

would be nice to remove some of the Junk items from the caskets, nothing like opening a chest and getting voiddust you dont need. doesn't even stack so i just leave it in the box anyways. If i leave the zone to Sell it i'll lose my Prowess.

And since i dont want to start a whole new thread for this, When/will Fov/GoV be added to ToaU, WotG areas or beastmen Strong holds?
    (1)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6