Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Astarek
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Its my first time writing in the forum, I think the idea of unique items that can be bought with tabs is great. Why dont u put that on Test Server so we ll try it and see if its really as good as the thought of it?
    Also peaple will gain more interest in FoV/GoV than they do now.

But 500 tabs for a key is really expencive (i am jking)
    (2)

Character
    Gropitou
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Love this, gimme keys.
    (0)
    Down with PS2 Emulation / Give us PS3 Native software

Greetings!

In response to a number of different ideas that we have been seeing in regards to other applications and usages for FoV tabs and GoV prowess, I’d like to share some feedback from the development team.

We would like players to use tabs and prowess to improve the user-friendliness of FoV/GoV, so any suggestions aimed toward this goal are easier to look into. (Conversely, changes that will greatly alter the specs for Fields of Valor tabs and prowess are much more difficult to implement.)

Based on this, here are some comments to suggestions we have come across:
    • New Enhancements/Field Support Food Items
      This would depend on the desired effects, but we can definitely look into implementing these. Please provide specific feedback on what kinds of effects are desired, so we can look into this deeper.

• Ability to Select Prowess Effects
      If we allow this, we are afraid only a select few prowess effects will be used. As such, we are concerned that it would become mandatory to consume Field of Valor
      tabs to select specific prowess effects.

• Warp to Different Ground Tomes
      Depending on the area, it may be possible that players can warp to take short cuts or enter areas they should not be in at their current level. We will have to look into this carefully. Also, we cannot just allow warping to specific areas/Ground Tomes, so this function would have to be implemented separately from FoV/GoV.

• Obtaining Temporary Items
      This is included in the Treasure Casket, so please use that instead.

• Trade for Beastmen Seals or Gear
      Beastmen Seals are not relevant to this content, so we would like players to obtain them through the current methods.
      Regarding gear, similarly to temporary items, we would like players to obtain them through the Treasure Caskets.
    (9)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    tl;dr: No

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings!

In response to a number of different ideas that we have been seeing in regards to other applications and usages for FoV tabs and GoV prowess, I’d like to share some feedback from the development team.

We would like players to use tabs and prowess to improve the user-friendliness of FoV/GoV, so any suggestions aimed toward this goal are easier to look into. (Conversely, changes that will greatly alter the specs for Fields of Valor tabs and prowess are much more difficult to implement.)

Based on this, here are some comments to suggestions we have come across:
    • New Enhancements/Field Support Food Items
      This would depend on the desired effects, but we can definitely look into implementing these. Please provide specific feedback on what kinds of effects are desired, so we can look into this deeper.

• Ability to Select Prowess Effects
      If we allow this, we are afraid only a select few prowess effects will be used. As such, we are concerned that it would become mandatory to consume Field of Valor

• Warp to Different Ground Tomes
      Depending on the area, it may be possible that players can warp to take short cuts or enter areas they should not be in at their current level. We will have to look into this carefully. Also, we cannot just allow warping to specific areas/Ground Tomes, so this function would have to be implemented separately from FoV/GoV.

• Obtaining Temporary Items
      This is included in the Treasure Casket, so please use that instead.

• Trade for Beastmen Seals or Gear
      Beastmen Seals are not relevant to this content, so we would like players to obtain them through the current methods.
      Regarding gear, similarly to temporary items, we would like players to obtain them through the Treasure Caskets.
    (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    The Developer smiled and replied, "During the worst times, I was riding on your back and whipping you with a stick and laughing."
    [...]-Dipper Yuly, Faithful Falcorr
    ※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    [...] There was no promise to create gear that would counter the reduction of treasure hunter on beastmaster pets Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr.

Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    0 thumb ups
    (3)

Character
    Dabackpack
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I am sad now
    (2)

[list][*]New Enhancements/Field Support Food Items
    1) How about making the regen scale up like pro/shell do? Since regen I-V and chakra (with invigorate) regen doesn't stack or overwrite the measly 1 HP/tick regen form the book I don't see this would be over powered. Even if it just scaled by an extra 1 HP per level of regen spell available at that level (so 5 HP regen at 99).
    2) Add Protect and Shell V for level 76+ players please.
    3) How about a regain effect? 1 TP/tick for an hour. Overpowered? Make it cost more tabs! There has to be a happy area where it costs enough tabs that not everyone will use it because it's not practical for everyday use, but for occasional use, it would come in very handy. (remember that if it's made too expensive so people complain, they are no worse off than before it was implemented, but they at least have the choice).

[*]Ability to Select Prowess Effects
    Similar to my comments about the regain enhancement, I don't think people would be upset about being able to increase their skill up prowess past level 2 by buying it, even if it cost 1000 tabs. As long as there's no cap on the skill up rate by stacking prowess, kupowers, food and equipment.
    Same thing goes for casket appearance rate.
    (3)

Character
    Juilan
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Should have a signet option on books or w/e area you're in
    (3)
    I have the final form of Aegis, it has 40 Def Augments Shield bash V and Magic Damage Taken -45%... The ultimate form!

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    You couldn't possibly level restrict the GoV warps like you level restrict Outpost warps. That'd be too hard, wouldn't it?
    (3)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    To be honest, I like the GoV system as it is.

For buffs, as some other folks mentioned, having regen and refresh scale up like protect/shell do would be a nice tweak. Haste could last a little bit longer too. I think the food available is fine.

For FoV I would love to have the same effects applied as GoV with prowresses, and the same buffs added.

On the subject of teleporting, just do Voidwatch, and supply quests, and Abyssea (and whatever other methods there are to warp!!) it is a nice reward for later when you want to level a lower level job and can warp to almost all popular spots, but would completely remove the feeling of adventure for new players, and the challenge of just getting to say, Jeuno for the very first time.

As far as treasure caskets go, I wouldn't mind seeing more variety of items in the locked chests. VW cells are always nice, and potions are useful, but it's really exciting when you open one and find a nice piece of gear for the level you are currently at or soon to be at : )
    (0)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast