Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

[dev1038] WoE Fluxes 12-15 Information

This is based off of what I've seen in these fluxes; further information from people who have actually managed to get more than one or two people in there would be appreciated.

Flux 12: Multiple Alexanders (I saw red and blue), plus some kind of odd Viking-helmet mobs in the same colors. These helmets are a new mob family; the only TP move I saw was Area Bombardment, which is, not surprisingly, an AoE move. Helmets are non-aggro. Boss: probably Alexanders.

Flux 13: Harpies and crows. Harpies seem to have ridiculously high damage (on PUP95/WAR47, was hit for 939, non-crit). Boss: probably Harpies.

Flux 14: A lynx/coeurl variation of the Mandy Death Pit, I assume; got in, was killed by a roaming lynx that then decided to camp my body for respawns. Boss: Unknown. I suspect it's probably a Behemoth; it may be a khimaira if there are also tigers and smilodons in this flux (which would be taking the Mandy Death Pit analogy way too far).

Flux 15: Hybrid elementals, which do aggro something other than magic (Baelfyr type near entrance; don't know beyond that). Boss: I wouldn't be surprised if it's that glowing dragon we've seen pictures of, but I don't know yet.

Sorry for the lack of useful information on fluxes 14 and 15; it's a little hard to do solo exploration of most fluxes.
    (2)

Character
    Fatmatt
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Flux 12: Ironclad heads (like the one to pop the RR atma ironclad in Misareaux), there are 2 types, red and blue. Boss is 2 full ironclads, one is red and the other is blue.

Flux 13: Birds. Pink ones cast spells and black ones have high eva and triple attack rate. Boss is 3 harpies (white, pink and black). They wander around the entire area.

Flux 14: Did this with a group, only saw lynx and the boss was a behemoth who we couldn't even put a dent in. Lynx cast spells. They have a "throat stab" ability (critical damage + hate reset on target)

Flux 15: Only saw all 4 types of hybrid elementals and the 6 abyssea Caturaes. The boss is I would assume to be the one Caturae that is down a flight of stairs on a platform by itself. The stairs however is guarded by another Caturae
    (0)
    Last edited by Fatmatt; 11-05-2011 at 04:41 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Flux 15: Hybrid elementals, which do aggro something other than magic
    They don't aggro magic. They aggro truesight and link at a fair distance. Trust me, you don't have to cast a spell to aggro, and in fact casting a spell not that far didn't seem to doa nything.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    They don't aggro magic. They aggro truesight and link at a fair distance. Trust me, you don't have to cast a spell to aggro, and in fact casting a spell not that far didn't seem to doa nything.
    Yeah, the only reason I mentioned "aggro something other than magic" is because I wasn't sure if they were true sight or true sound. (It's kind of hard to tell which side is the front. )
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I actually misread your post, sorry. they're definitely truesound, as far as I can tell.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I actually misread your post, sorry. they're definitely truesound, as far as I can tell.
    That'd make sense; everything else in WoE, with the exception of small heads in 12, seems to be true sound regardless of what its family would normally aggro to. (Small heads are, as mentioned above, non-aggro, which is unique to that flux.)
    (0)

Character
    Kysaiana
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Everything hits like truck that is dual-wielding two other trucks in the new fluxes. It's impossible to gauge the difficulty solo but I don't see many people bothering with these unless it's discovered they have good drops in them or anything besides ores/logs even. Everything links and aggros from fifty miles away so even with an army of SMNs I'm not sure anyone could really clear these without real organization. It doesn't seem like you can sack pull them either since pets dying resulted in every single linked mob to come after me. Again, though, really hard to judge based on soloing.
    (0)

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Sounds like fun, but at the same time that could be incredibly annoying if the Shared party/alliance hate still exists. Kinda miss being able to die and reraise with no hate. Now you stay dead until everyone in your party is dead and it moves on to someone elses party. If you don't the mob just runs back over to who ever just reraised and beats them down. Really makes dealing with someones bad pull a pain in the rear.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    So .. basically every one of them just has you die over and over again? Current problem with WoE is the crazy hate system leading to everyone just dieing over and over again.
    (0)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    this sounds promising, perhaps there will be a return to challenges for WOE, i can take back my comment that auto-rr killed WOE. So the lower tiers are for casual play/WOE weapons and higher tier WOE can be challenging even with auto-rr and <gasp> some strategy might be needed to clear them!

PS- thank you for posting this information from your WOE test server findings.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast