Character
    Mouku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Final Fantasy XI Test Server, Playonline has stopped working.

Hello, I have reciently installed FFXI Test Server Client. After install was complete and the update finshed and I went to FFXI Test Server config and fixed settings, I have been running into this Issue. I have noticed that when I press the "Play on Test Server" Buttion game will start like normal but before it even makes it to the screen were you choose whether you "Accept" or "Do not Accept" It will crash saying "Playonline Viewer has stopped working." Its a really irrtating error messege. I have been trying for hours to fix this issue but with no luck. If anyone has had this problem and learned how to fix it. It would be greatly appriated for you to share that information with me so I may play on the FFXI Test Server as well. Thank you in advance.
    (0)

sounds like a file error. Something didnt install right.
    (0)

Character
    Moonracer
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    I'm experiencing this same problem, and i KNOW that i've done every file that i saw of, i even checked every .dat file in the subfolders to make sure they're all there.

Ive done this 5 times now, and still nothing. Perhaps someone knows something i dont?
    (0)

Support Rep
    Blaiku,

We apologize for the problems you were experiencing with the FINAL FANTASY XI Test Server process. However we have created a forum dedicated to the FINAL FANTASY XI Test Servers. We have gone ahead and moved this thread to that forum so that this information can be seen by all.

For future reference, please direct all posts related to the FINAL FANTASY XI Test Server to the forums located at:
    TEST SERVER Forums
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    OP: You did not copy the files to the right location. Go to your Final Fantasy XI install folder. If you see a folder called 'ffxi' there, you did it wrong.

When you extract the large archives, everything goes into a folder called FFXI. DO NOT COPY THIS FOLDER. Go INSIDE the folder, and copy its contents to the FINAL FANTASY XI install folder.

TONS of people make this mistake. I don't know why SE added the extra folder in the archive.

See this thread for more information: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...to-Test-Server
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 11-04-2011 at 06:42 AM.

Character
    Moonracer
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    lol, wasnt quite my problem, but somehow it seemed to resolve itself. apparently the version update got corrupted when tryin to go through, so simply had to reinstall. if nothing else, try that.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    both corrupted and missing files (e.g. wrong location) can cause the error, though the latter is the most common.

Files can also get corrupted if you terminate the game abnormally (Rare, but it can happen)
    (0)

Character
    Mouku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Thank you Alhanelem, I went in and checked the files and fixed them. I am now able to get on the FFXI Test Server. ^^ Thank you so much for helping me with this. ^^
    (0)