Question regarding spirits spell list

Got a question about spirits that I don't know if it is a bug, and oversight, or a choice.

Since level 76+, spirits have gained no new spells. In the past, level 1 to 75, they got spells according to related spell classes. Like light spirit got spells like a White Mage, dark spirit like a Dark Knight, other elemental spirits like a Black Mage.

I'm just wondering if they were supposed to get tier V elemental nukes, addle and similar new spells, or if they were supposed to stop at level 75 spells. It is hard to not notice that a Puppet masters automaton got spells past level 75, so it feels like spirits might have been overlooked?

It is helpful that they are stuck with tier IV for triggering in abyssea though. (Just wish they were easier to tell when to nuke)
    (0)

Greetings, Malamasala!
    Thank you for posting your concerns about the spell list for spirits. In order to investigate this matter, it would be very helpful if you provided as much information as you can in the following form:

Thread Title:
    Short outline explaining what sort of issue you are experiencing.

Platform:
    Specify which platform was in use to play the game.(“PlayStation2”, Windows, and/or Xbox 360)

ISP:
    Name of ISP you use to connect to the Internet.

Type of Internet Connection:
    Specify the type of connection. (dial-up, DSL, CATV, Optic Fiber, Other)

Internet Connection Speed:
    Specify the speed of internet connection. (Example: 768Kbit/s, 5Mbit/s)

Date & Time:
    Date and time of when the issue occurred. Please be sure to state the time zone of your region. (Example: Pacific Time = PST/PDT)

Frequency:
    State how frequently the issue occurs. Please select from the following.
    1. Always
    2. Sometimes
    3. Once (did not reproduce)
    4. Unknown

Character Name:
    Which character did the issue occur with?

Race:
    Race of your character when the issue occurred.
    (Hume M, Hume F, ElvaanM, ElvaanF, TarutaruM, TarutaruF, Galka, Mithra)

World:
    World where the issue occurred.

Main Job:
    Main job and level of your character when the issue occurred.

Support Job:
    Support job of your character when the issue occurred.

Area and Coordinates:
    Area and map coordinates where the issue occurred.

Party or Solo:
    If you were solo when the issue occurred, please write “Solo”. If you were in a party, please write “Party”. With alliance, please write “Alliance.”
    *If you wrote “Party” or “Alliance”, please also include the number of members.

NPC Name:
    Name of NPC that your character was interacting with when the issue occurred.
    *If you were not interacting with any NPC, then please write “None”.

Monster Name:
    Name of monster that your character was battling against when the issue occurred.
    *If you were not battling against any monster, then please write “None”.

Steps:
    Detailed steps on how the issue occurred.
    *Please try to include the following details.
    •What you were doing when the issue occurred. (Example: Battle, mission, quest, crafting, synthesis, etc.)
    •Please do your best to write using official terms for item names and skill/ability names. Please avoid any abbreviations or improper terms.
    •If you were using macro commands when the issue occurred, please include the details of the command.
    •In case the error message appeared when the issue occurred, please include what the message said.

*In case you cannot post all of the information in a single post due to character limitations, please make multiple posts.
    (0)

Aww, was afraid I'd get another of those posts. I started filling it out and then thought "What the hell? Nothing in this list is relevant to my question if it is a bug or not.".

Here is the format.

Platform:
    PC

ISP:
    Bredbandsbolaget

Type of Internet Connection:
    Cable

Internet Connection Speed:
    100 Mbit/s

Date & Time:
    Always since update last summer

Frequency:
    Always

Character Name:
    Mellowy

Race:
    Mithra

World:
    Phoenix

Main Job:
    Summoner

Support Job:
    Whatever

Area and Coordinates:
    All

Party or Solo:
    Any

NPC Name:
    None

Monster Name:
    None

Steps:
    * Call the SE Developer
    * Ask if Summoner spirits should have any spells post 75 added
    (0)

Greetings again, Malamasala!
    After reviewing the information that you have provided in the posts, it seems that this matter may be better suited to be discussed with other Summoners, so I will make sure to move this thread from "In-Game Bugs" to "Summoner." We will make sure to forward your report accordingly, but you may find some helpful information in this section, as well as the Community sites linked to www.PlayOnline.com. Thanks again for your report!
    (0)

Thanks for forwarding the report. I doubt discussing with other Summoners will get anything but theories, while I'm very interested in hearing the facts straight out of the horse's mouth.
    (0)

heh I also noticed this awhile back, I just assumed it was done on purpose. Also elemental such as earth,water,air,fire,ice,and thunder seem to lack the will of casting, and when they do decide to cast it's a DoT like shock or frost... makes me Emo when it happens lol
    (0)

Character
    Taliesn
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Would be nice if SE updated elementals AI & cast/recast times -Light spirit especially.
    I know your SMN skill improves these but I bet they're still capped at level 75 skill level caps.

SE please make spirits useful!

@Malamasala
    I didn't even think of using spirits to trigger !! what a great idea for smn solo. Once the servers are up I'm going to go farm some seals! Though I can see a lot of screaming "CAST A FREAKIN' NUKE YOU $&%^*%!!" in my future lol. Do you still get weakness messages off spirit casts?
    (0)

It would actually be great to be able to give simple commands to the elemental, that alters the ai.
    "Asault", just attack, don't cast.
    "Take it easy", DoT spells/Enfeebs.
    "F**k sh*t up", Go all out nukes.
    "Retreat", don't do anything.

The way Elementals are acting right now is rarely useful, and only thing they're used for 90% of the time is Elemental Siphon. Would be great to be able to make them more useful.
    (0)

Character
    Taliesn
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Good idea that would still keep spirits somewhat random while potentially -depending on their macc, mab, potency of enfeebles & frequency of casting- making them actually useful.

It would also help to do what is being discussed in other forums which is make smn more useful for de/buffing & healing -though I'd still like to see improvements to BP Ward- if you could put your spirit into debuff mode or your Light Spirit into buff or cure mode -I know you can already do this to some extent with Light Spirit but it never seemed reliable at all to me.

If SE thought this was to nice for SMN or wanted to keep spirits more random & uncontrollable they could give them a chance -hopefully small- to ignore your commands or to randomly -though hopefully not to often- switch modes without you telling them to.
    (0)

Player
    I think I'm just under the Summoning Magic cap at 90 and I haven't noticed any new spells. I've yet to see an elemental nuke though since the cap was raised. Well, I've seen light spirit banish 4 but that's it. Light spirit in cure mode seems to have a shortened recast timer now though. I was playing with it in between Optical Hat pops for friends that hadn't gotten one before (that fight is so easy now its sad btw) and it seemed to cast a buff every 15 seconds or so. Seemed to prefer Haste > Protect 4 > Shell 4 when before the cap was raised I had noticed it casting Protect first. But it's all eyeball and memory so I could be off.
    (0)