Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Bigboy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    I would like staff skill on my RDM as well. And while we are at it.. Hook it up with at least a D in H2H. I don't even know why we are on these weapons without any skill. The staffs at least provide some utility even without the skill, but I don't know why new H2H weapons keep showing up with RDM on them. This isn't some outdated thing either. The new level 87 Eyra Baghnakhs have RDM on them. This still makes no sense! >.>
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I have never used staff as a RDM. I personally don't care either way. I like swords and daggers and think they are very versatile. I use clubs when appropriate. I never have found my weapons to be lacking for damage, utility, or SCs. I also think shields are underrated and I love always having one.

I have no idea why RDM has the ability to use fist weapons.
    (0)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by JagerForrester View Post
    You do know RDM is the magic swordsman, right?
    This, a hundred times over.
    (0)

Player
    RDM Does not need staff skill and i am cool with not having it even for proc. What bugs me is that redmage is left off of Homam gear and Bluemage is on it. RDM is the first and origanal Sword weilding mage yet SE fails to give it credit by omitting rdm.
    (0)

Is being able to proc red/blue staff ws worth being able to hit people while charmed? ijdk fren.
    (1)

eff that, i'm hoping i'm 2 or 3 shamshir upgrades away from never wearing a staff again <.<
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersun View Post
    Are you planning on meleeing with staves or something?
    Truth. Staff skill dose not equate usery.
    (0)

Character
    Sakurawr
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 92
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    eff that, i'm hoping i'm 2 or 3 shamshir upgrades away from never wearing a staff again <.<
    You have Shamshirs with (insert element here) affinity+?!
    (1)
    This is Sakurawr, not Raen D:

Character
    Kuvo
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong but the only Shamshir swords worth while is the Ice elemental and Dark elemental. Ice for nuking and Dark for magic accuracy. But are these better then the individual elemental staffs for nuking and enfeebling? I've been working on the Ice staff and haven't had much of an intrest in the swords except maybe the dark elemental for MP boost and mag accy.

As for having a staff skill, i feel the same as most of you... there is no need for the skill for RDM. I would like to be able to figure out why SE took us off of the Dagger trials tho. Dagger is the same skill as sword for us but we don't have access to those trials yet they put us on staff trials (which i'm greatfull for) with no skill for that weapon. Not much sense.

Oh and what about being able to be on the shield trials too? I wouldn't mind since we also have a decent shield skill as well.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Kuvo View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong but the only Shamshir swords worth while is the Ice elemental and Dark elemental. Ice for nuking and Dark for magic accuracy. But are these better then the individual elemental staffs for nuking and enfeebling? I've been working on the Ice staff and haven't had much of an intrest in the swords except maybe the dark elemental for MP boost and mag accy.

As for having a staff skill, i feel the same as most of you... there is no need for the skill for RDM. I would like to be able to figure out why SE took us off of the Dagger trials tho. Dagger is the same skill as sword for us but we don't have access to those trials yet they put us on staff trials (which i'm greatfull for) with no skill for that weapon. Not much sense.

Oh and what about being able to be on the shield trials too? I wouldn't mind since we also have a decent shield skill as well.
    No they aren't. People here are being silly.

The Reason RDM is on the Magian Staff is because SE added all jobs (or most?) That took benefit from Multiple Elemental Staves, RDM (Nuking), WHM (Duh?), etc etc. not based on their Staff Skill, but based on the Uses that those "Elemental Affinity: " Trials gave.

in SE Eyes, it was easier to add RDM/Etc/whatever to Stave trials, than to add "Elemental Affinity: X" to all Weapons.
    (2)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast