Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    SE doesn't want people flooding the test server so they can play around with a free Ukonvasara or whatever. That's not what SE made the test server for and flooding it with people who have no interest in testing content would be counterproductive.
    See, that's the thing, though. The people who come on and are like "huh, free Ukon, free bunch of other stuff" are going to be bored within about half an hour. Maybe longer if they decide to try fail-soloing Glavoid and keep healing it, but half an hour's probably a pretty good estimate.

Now, if there actually were more people on, the people who are like "I want to test things... but can't ever find enough people" could pick up these people who are like "man, I have everything I want, now what do I do?"

In case you haven't noticed, the main issue with the test server, above and beyond everything else, is the average population in the low double digits - on a system that could easily support ten times as many (like it did in the first week or so of the first testing phase), and probably tops out somewhere around 600~750 before they close signups. (I suspect they're running all the zones on one server, as opposed to "normal" worlds that use multiple servers for the zones, but that's not relevant other than establishing that the cap of simultaneous people is necessarily going to be lower on the test server.)
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    But it would hurt. If the server becomes full and three quarters of those people are just there to play around with a free relic then it keeps out people who actually want to test content.
    Actually, I was only trying to be nice, I don't want to see the test server used for personal ends only (Though it might get more people onto the server when you think about it)

I didn't want to be called a killjoy for saying we shouldn't get anything and everything we want for fun's sake. Just things that help us accomplish the goals of a given test period.

(The whole point of the additions being worked on above is so that we can get testing accomplished with fewer people and less time)
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 11-08-2011 at 12:11 PM.

Player
    See what I was getting at is if you wanna test out say the pup date but you never leveled it or have good gear for the job then it kind of hampers your testing plus let say they change relic weapons or how they are going to adjust +1 relic gear how can you test it out if you can't make it.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizersan View Post
    how they are going to adjust +1 relic gear
    Relic +1 gear is already obtainable (fill storage slip 07 with the GM moogle), so testing the upgrade process for +2 pieces will be possible.

Testing PUP isn't that hard to do; unlock it, set it to 95, and obtain all attachments/frames/etc. at the GM moogle, pull full Cirque +2 off slip 10, choose between Rev Fists +2 or the lv89 NM-drop weapons, grab an Animator +1 off slip 01. You aren't necessarily the world's best-geared PUP, but you have enough to test it.

The main reason for allowing relic weapons is (1) if they make some major change to them at 99 [in which case they'll probably put a specific NPC near the Magian Moogles, like they did for VW Phase 2 in Norg last testing phase] or (2) if they decide it's worth it as a means of attracting more people to test [in which case they'll probably also make mythics and full Empys available on the test server in the same way].

My personal opinion is that #2 is the case - the test server was sitting at single digits an hour or so ago - but this is one of those "it may bring more idiots than it's worth" situations.

That said, if they decide to make relic weapons and the like easily accessible on the test server, I'd rather have an additional Magian Moogle that's like "Well, thanks to the help of some mysterious kind figures who supplied us with fairy powder, Poroggo leather, and unobtanium ingots, we can auto-complete any trial of your choice. In addition, you can trade me an incomplete relic or mythic weapon for the finished article." Give him a bright purple pom-pom, too.
    (1)

Allow Transcendency effect too^^ Will help with clearing WoE stages to see what the drops are (and vastly reduce the time taken), or just start WoE with max temps every time.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Allow Transcendency effect too^^ Will help with clearing WoE stages to see what the drops are (and vastly reduce the time taken), or just start WoE with max temps every time.
    Considering that the new fluxes are set to not use up your medallion at present, I'd just settle for enough people being on to fill up a flux. There's enough mobs in each of the new ones that it's probably the same about-2-in-3 chance of someone getting a Brew as flux 11 has, if we've got 36 people in.

Also, based on my last look through the .dats (on Saturday), it doesn't look like new drops for the new fluxes have been implemented yet. So they may just drop the same stuff as fluxes 8-11, they may drop plates and/or mirrors as well, or they may not drop anything yet. In any event, they're definitely not anywhere near a finalized state yet.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by MDenham View Post
    Relic +1 gear is already obtainable (fill storage slip 07 with the GM moogle), so testing the upgrade process for +2 pieces will be possible.

Testing PUP isn't that hard to do; unlock it, set it to 95, and obtain all attachments/frames/etc. at the GM moogle, pull full Cirque +2 off slip 10, choose between Rev Fists +2 or the lv89 NM-drop weapons, grab an Animator +1 off slip 01. You aren't necessarily the world's best-geared PUP, but you have enough to test it.

The main reason for allowing relic weapons is (1) if they make some major change to them at 99 [in which case they'll probably put a specific NPC near the Magian Moogles, like they did for VW Phase 2 in Norg last testing phase] or (2) if they decide it's worth it as a means of attracting more people to test [in which case they'll probably also make mythics and full Empys available on the test server in the same way].

My personal opinion is that #2 is the case - the test server was sitting at single digits an hour or so ago - but this is one of those "it may bring more idiots than it's worth" situations.

That said, if they decide to make relic weapons and the like easily accessible on the test server, I'd rather have an additional Magian Moogle that's like "Well, thanks to the help of some mysterious kind figures who supplied us with fairy powder, Poroggo leather, and unobtanium ingots, we can auto-complete any trial of your choice. In addition, you can trade me an incomplete relic or mythic weapon for the finished article." Give him a bright purple pom-pom, too.
    To be fair in the case of pup, if you're not already a career pup it's not likely you'll be able to test anything and have anything more than a remote idea of wtf they changed, lol. It's not one of those jobs that any tom dick or harry can just pick up and play based on what they've read on the wiki/forums. That said though I do somewhat agree in terms of increasing certain gear selection, primarily accessories, which are severely limited beyond what you already have at the time of character copying. If, say, you're in a situation where you need a certain job to test with, but even in a small group no one actually has proper gear for said job, regardless of their experience playing it through alts/shared characters, trying to make it work with storeable accessories and stat+4/7 earring/rings as the entirety of your extra selection can complicate matters a bit.

Also, suggestion for both test and live: a search function for the g'damn porter moogle. It's always been a bit of a nuisance on live but I didn't really see the full extent of it until I got the full list of crap from the porter moogle on test server... gearing up pup when EVERY ITEM I NEED IS ON PAGE ELEVENTYTHOUSANDANDNINE is seeriiiously aggravating. I'm sure the other residents of Page Eleventy Thousand and Nine (110,009), dnc, sch, cor, and blu all feel similarly, since this situation arises with Porter Slips 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, and 10, with 08 being the only one where everyone has to go to the last page (for the earrings) and 04 being the only one where the last page/s are full of unused stuff (af weapons)

tl;dr: Having to run through 12 pages of gear, one at a time, for every freaking porter slip, is really annoying. Please give us a way to either jump straight to the gear for the job we want, or to jump to any page, rather than having to go one page at a time from page 1 every time we trade the slip.

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Also this.

However the fact that these aren't things that can be done overnight is totally acceptable. Just keep them in mind <3
    (1)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Quote Originally Posted by MDenham View Post
    Considering that the new fluxes are set to not use up your medallion at present, I'd just settle for enough people being on to fill up a flux. There's enough mobs in each of the new ones that it's probably the same about-2-in-3 chance of someone getting a Brew as flux 11 has, if we've got 36 people in.

Also, based on my last look through the .dats (on Saturday), it doesn't look like new drops for the new fluxes have been implemented yet. So they may just drop the same stuff as fluxes 8-11, they may drop plates and/or mirrors as well, or they may not drop anything yet. In any event, they're definitely not anywhere near a finalized state yet.
    Unfortunately, drawing 35 other people into WoE to do the same zone that you want to do isn't something that the dev team can help with.
    (1)

Character
    Jamesy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    can you fix moogle2 so its not in Japanese? I'm a US player and i don't speak a lick of Japanese and cant test anything on test server because i don't know what the moogle is saying
    (0)

Character
    Iker
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesy View Post
    can you fix moogle2 so its not in Japanese? I'm a US player and i don't speak a lick of Japanese and cant test anything on test server because i don't know what the moogle is saying
    You installed it wrong. There's a thread for it in the bug section.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2