Character
    Neraya
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

FFXI - 3001 that can happen any time when I zone.

Details:
    For several months I encounter this issues and I tried everything that was within my capacity and knowledge to fix this but with no results.

Steps:
    1. Experienced this error while zoning
    ==============================
    FFXI-3001
    No response from server.
    Connection timed out.
    Press OK to shut down.
    ==============================

2. I take a look to the FAQ and this board and further so opened many TCP/UDP Ports. Finally had to reset my whole connexion that was the only effective solution but only some time, not always.
    It's not something that happen everydays. I can play for weeks without any issues but can happen at anytime without notice.

Date & Time:
    Any time since last summer, last time was the 2011.10.31 at 00:43 GMT+1

Frequency: Often

Platform: PC

PC Manufacturer & Model Number: Homebuilt Computer

Graphics Card: Radeon HD 4890

ISP: Swisscom

Type of Internet Connection: DSL
    (0)
    Tarutaru eater is here !

Support Rep
    Nerathun,

We can offer a few suggestions if you are experiencing any of the following:
    • Have difficulty connecting to or staying connected to the PlayOnline Viewer or FINAL FANTASY XI
    • Crash, receive a black screen error, or get stuck at the downloading data screen upon clicking your character handle or character select button
    • See your the lag meter turn red
    • Encounter increased lag or connection problems near crowed areas
    • Have trouble accessing specific zone(s)
    • Have trouble logging in with specific character(s)
    • Receive any of these errors: 3113, 3100, 4001, 1160

Suggestions:
    1. Check to make sure you have properly configured or turned off any of the following: Routers, Proxy Servers, NAT Servers, Internet Connection Sharing services.
    2. If you are using any kind of software/hardware Internet Sharing service/device the following ports need INCOMING access to your PC: TCP 1024 - 65535, UDP 53, and 50000 - 65535. Also, check to make sure that the ports mentioned are not blocked by your ISP for INCOMING access. Proper configuration of any of the above items mentioned should be done by following the instructions in the software/hardware manual or calling the manufacturer's technical support.
    3. If you are using a router, and have configured that router for port forwarding, temporarily bypass that router and connect directly to the modem.

Please take note of the following:
    • Proxy servers, and satellite connections are not supported and do not work correctly with FINAL FANTASY XI.
    • Your router may require that you use a PC to configure your network settings. For more information about how to configure your network settings, please refer to the instruction manual that came with your router or contact the manufacturer directly.
    • If your Internet Service Provider (ISP) specifies a DNS server, you need to make sure to configure your settings to allow packets to pass through UDP Port 53 as well. For more information, please refer to the instruction manual for your router or the information provided by your ISP.
    (0)