Character
    Escafreya
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95

Treasure Pool Adjustments

My linkshell and I have started working on our empyrean weapons and we haven't had a lot of trouble. However, one of my linkshell members suffers from a fickle internet connection and on several occasions he has disconnected right after the fight. He usually remains on long enough that we can pass on the items so they can drop to him, but they take so long to drop he disconnects before they can fall to him. I was thinking, it might be a good idea to adjust the treasure pool so that if everyone but one person passes on an item it will automatically drop to the only person who hasn't passed/lotted.
    (1)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Escafreya View Post
    My linkshell and I have started working on our empyrean weapons and we haven't had a lot of trouble. However, one of my linkshell members suffers from a fickle internet connection and on several occasions he has disconnected right after the fight. He usually remains on long enough that we can pass on the items so they can drop to him, but they take so long to drop he disconnects before they can fall to him. I was thinking, it might be a good idea to adjust the treasure pool so that if everyone but one person passes on an item it will automatically drop to the only person who hasn't passed/lotted.
    Better yet, don't kick DCing players from the party. (Just make them lose leadership.) I think LOTRO has such a system.

Oh, and tell your friend to get a new router.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Yeah cause routers are the only cause of connection issues.

Regardless, maybe there should be a way to assign a loot-handler, who can distribute loot to party members without them having to lot/pass items.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Yeah cause routers are the only cause of connection issues.
    Not the only things, there's bad wiring, EM interference, faulty network gear, bad network settings, overzealous firewalls, poor provider service, or even downloading tons of torrents or hosting a couple of TF2 servers on the FFXI machine.

Point is that whatever it's causing the problems, it would most likely help to fix it on his end, rather then change the FFXI servers to deal with rotten connections.
    (0)

Character
    Escafreya
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    What I'm suggesting isnt really the big deal everyone is making it out to be. All I want is for items we pass to drop to the person who's DCing and unable to lot, but still in the party. The connection was never the issue, its the speed at which passed items fall to those who havent lotted. I'm sure everyone would hate to help someone with empy crap just to have the person start to DC before they can lot. The time it takes for someone to completely DC should be enough time for ppl to pass and items to drop.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Not the only things, there's bad wiring, EM interference, faulty network gear, bad network settings, overzealous firewalls, poor provider service, or even downloading tons of torrents or hosting a couple of TF2 servers on the FFXI machine.

Point is that whatever it's causing the problems, it would most likely help to fix it on his end, rather then change the FFXI servers to deal with rotten connections.
    I know this, I'm just saying.

What if they took your advice and bought a new router, but then it was their network card that was broken?

Regardless, even if no one had faulty network gear, accidents do happen from time to time, and it wouldn't be too bad of an idea to have a feature that would help in these situations.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirage; 11-09-2011 at 01:23 PM.

Character
    Discordian
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 95
    Put him into a party with two other people and give one of them alliance leader. If he disconnects the other party can disband (this isn't breaking the white dot if someone else does it) and that leaves just a couple people to pass to him.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Discordian View Post
    Put him into a party with two other people and give one of them alliance leader. If he disconnects the other party can disband (this isn't breaking the white dot if someone else does it) and that leaves just a couple people to pass to him.
    I think they are passing just fine. From what I'm reading, the problem is that the loot still doesn't drop for like 5 minutes unless he lots the loot. He can't lot because he is red dotting.

I think they do need to implement some method for forcing drops to party members. IE. another option that people could agree to let the leader choose who gets it. Just forcing it to go to the person who didn't pass could cause problems too though. I've seen lots of occasions where people pass because they think someone else is getting the item, only to find out that guy already has one. As long as the guy who has it is kind enough to mention it and not pass immediately, the other person can drop / rejoin and lot the item. This happens a lot w R/E items in large groups.
    (0)

Character
    Discordian
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    I think they are passing just fine. From what I'm reading, the problem is that the loot still doesn't drop for like 5 minutes unless he lots the loot. He can't lot because he is red dotting.

I think they do need to implement some method for forcing drops to party members. IE. another option that people could agree to let the leader choose who gets it. Just forcing it to go to the person who didn't pass could cause problems too though. I've seen lots of occasions where people pass because they think someone else is getting the item, only to find out that guy already has one. As long as the guy who has it is kind enough to mention it and not pass immediately, the other person can drop / rejoin and lot the item. This happens a lot w R/E items in large groups.
    I now understand the problem. Yeah I can see that and it would be cool if they made a loot master distribution system.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    I think the best solution is a /distribute command, usable by the party/alliance leader, even when KO. This would instantly empty the treasure pool as if the timer on all items ran out. It would help DCing players, but more importantly, prevent item loss due to zone timeout (salvage, dynamis, etc).
    (0)