Character
    Treyd
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 95

Automaton casting Erase for no effect when master has "aura" type negative status

ISP: Not sure as it is complementary with where I live
    Type of Internet Connection: Optic Fiber
    Internet Connection Speed: Also not sure
    Date & Time: October 30, 2011 13:30 EST
    Frequency: Always
    Character Name: Treyd
    Race: HumeM
    Main Job: PUP 95
    Support Job: DNC 47
    Area and Coordinates: Abyssea - Vunkerl (F-7)
    Party or Solo: Solo
    NPC Name: None
    Monster Name: Armillaria
    Steps:
    1. Equipped automaton with Soulsoother C-1000 head and Stormwaker Y-700 Frame
    2. Equipped automaton attachments: Tranquilzer, Mana Booster, Power Cooler, Shock Absorber, Turbo Charger, Mana Jammer II, Stealth Screen, Mana Converter, Mana Tank, Damage Gauge, Vivi-valve, Auto-repair Kit II
    3. Begin fight with Armillaria
    4. As fight progresses, when Armillaria afflicts the master with any "aura" type status, the automaton will attempt to cast erase to remove the status when the spell timer is ready. This happened multiple times throughout fight.

Note: This was also tested with Iku-turso's silence aura effect last night with the same results. I do not know how this works in a party type situation if anyone is able to test it.

Edit: Got a chance to test with another PUP. It does happen with other party members, but only if you have a Water Maneuver up which tells the auto to cure party statuses.
    (1)
    Last edited by Treyd; 10-31-2011 at 05:56 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This would require the automaton to be programmed to behave differently for specific monsters in the game. Auras just constantly inflict the effect, it's not like the automaton can tell that it's being affected by an aura, not a normal status effect.

Chalk it up as working as intended. At least now you can keep it from curing statuses.
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    yeah...with 3 light maneuvers it will prioritize cures over -na's....cause thats working as intended....
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's not supposed to use -nas unless you have a water maneuver up. If that's not happening, then that's the bug.

It was my understanding that they are also supposed to be on their own timer and not interfere with casting other spells.
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Well 2 issues with that.

1) Well, enhancing party members is water maneuvers (it will cast on the master no matter what).

Currently Protect, Shell, and Haste can only be used on the master and on party members in conjunction with water maneuvers and the Soulsoother C-1000 head.
    Nothing there about only using -nas if there is a water maneuver up.

2) There is a thing called a global timer. If it wastes a global timer to cast silena every 8 seconds instead of cure, you have to wait another 8 seconds and hope you can get that 3rd light maneuver up to force it to cure instead of enhance > -na > then cure.
    (0)

Character
    Treyd
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It's not supposed to use -nas unless you have a water maneuver up. If that's not happening, then that's the bug.
    From my understanding and testing, the auto will buff and -na/erase the master at a higher priority than cure regardless of maneuver(excluding triple/double light to prioritize cure which I rarely have time to do when needed).

Water maneuvers from my testing simply extends the same -na/erase and possibly buff priorities(see below) to the rest of the party. Though, I could only get the buffs to cast on whoever had hate at the time. Anyone had success getting soulsoother to buff someone that doesn't have hate?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    From my understanding and testing, the auto will buff and -na/erase the master at a higher priority than cure regardless of maneuver
    The thing is, this isn't how they said it was going to be. I would consider it to be a bug.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    This would require the automaton to be programmed to behave differently for specific monsters in the game. Auras just constantly inflict the effect, it's not like the automaton can tell that it's being affected by an aura, not a normal status effect.

Chalk it up as working as intended. At least now you can keep it from curing statuses.
    Aura effects have a very short duration compared to normal debuffs, so the automaton should not remove debuffs that will expire within a few ticks.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Treyd
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 95
    When I am under the effect of a paralyze aura, the auto casts erase instead of paralyna. A blind aura triggers erase, not blindna, etc. In these cases, erase has absolutely no effect. I could chalk it up to working as intended if he were curing the status correctly only to have the aura reapply the status effect. The auto has to be seeing the aura effect as different than the normal status. This is why I believe it is a bug.

It would be like the auto casting silena every time you are petrified. Erase has no effect on blind, silence, or paralyze - aura or not. The auto only cast the wrong spell when afflicted by the aura.
    (0)