Thread: Emp Axe

Character
    Kvana
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Emp Axe

so guys just wanted to have all u BST opinnions, sry if this have been poted before...

is empyrian axe worth spending countless hours on making it? me personally want it for the WS since iv seen ppl deal 4k+ dmg WS with their emps, but not on bst tho, i have done 2.3k ish with rampart in aby, idk if thats decent dmg for a bst, plus i can get nyzul isle WS easier and it might make more dmg then rampage and i can use my charmers merlin axe. so what u guys think, nyzul WS or emp WS? thanks
    (0)

I had most of my bukhis horns already just free-lotting during ls events, and fistule was an easy solo which took me 2 nights of farming to complete. Keeping that in mind, I still feel like I put forth more effort than it was worth. Stick with rampage for damage and get primal rend if you really want an elemental ws. You may wanna work on your ws/atma build though. 2.3k is pretty low for rampage inside aby.
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    2.3k rampage is pretty normal when the only dd atma you have on is razed ruins.
    Even a really excellent rampage is only going to be around 3.5k
    Cloudsplitter is not going to be better damage than this.

If you really want to get into the league w/ the damage from other empyreans, you'll be using Guttler at 95. You'll get more bang for it.

Cloudsplitter will outperform primal rend, and outside abyssea it will outperform rampage also (I usually only see around 1200 damage average w/ rampage outisde abyssea). The aftermath is where both will do better damage.
    (1)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    Cloudsplitter will outperform primal rend,
    No it will not. Primal rend will always do 100-200 more damage than cloudsplitter.

and outside abyssea it will outperform rampage also (I usually only see around 1200 damage average w/ rampage outisde abyssea). The aftermath is where both will do better damage.
    No it will not. You are incredibly lucky if you see 1 double damage proc before the aftermath wears off. Your cloudsplitter will be 400-600 damage behind your rampage. (600-800 behind on anything with shell or magic defense bonus) So you need 5-7 double damage procs to beat rampage. At a 30% activation rate that's more than 15-21 swings of just the main hand weapon in 30 seconds to beat rampage. Or about the same speed as hundred fists.

Farsha is absolutely worthless except as a high base damage weapon for rampage, and several other weapons beat it there too. I feel sorry for anyone that wastes time getting it. I feel really sorry for those poor stupid bastards that went to all the trouble of getting an Alard's axe.
    (2)

Fact is, many of us farsha owners were hoping against hope that SE might see fit to improve this sad WS. Our hopes however were dashed, possibly forever by official word from SE that under the most silly, obscure circumstances (inside abyssea, with all 3 of our atmas aimed specifically at cloudsplitter, with 300% tp, an ascetics drink, perfect MAB build, etc, etc, that it could rake in a whopping 4k dmg, and was therefor powerful enough and in no need of improvement. So the sad truth is not only is it now a fairly useless ws, it seems like it will never see better days.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    Fact is, many of us farsha owners were hoping against hope that SE might see fit to improve this sad WS. Our hopes however were dashed, possibly forever by official word from SE that under the most silly, obscure circumstances (inside abyssea, with all 3 of our atmas aimed specifically at cloudsplitter, with 300% tp, an ascetics drink, perfect MAB build, etc, etc, that it could rake in a whopping 4k dmg, and was therefor powerful enough and in no need of improvement. So the sad truth is not only is it now a fairly useless ws, it seems like it will never see better days.
    You forgot that it was a WAR using it and not a BST, so they got an extra 50 tp from warcry merits, and an extra 50% damage from maxed out restraint.

I still think they pulled the numbers out of their ass, because they said in the same post that it outdoes primal rend. naked, in appropriate gear, and with appropriate atmas, primal always wins. And a lot less stuff resists light than resist thunder, too.
    (2)
    Last edited by Louispv; 10-31-2011 at 06:15 PM.

Well, to be fair I don't remember them saying anything about primal rend, and honestly it is possible to achieve the numbers they found. The issue is that in focusing all your atmas towards making it hit those numbers, the effect on your overall dps(or more specifically that of your pet) is catastrophic. Not withstanding that you need additional JA's and items and to be on war, most likely /rdm and for all we know they threw wizard's roll and memento mori or something like that into the mix. Point is, the numbers can be reached, but it would be retarded to do so.
    (1)

Character
    Kvana
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    well well, seems like i dont need to waste more precious time on this crap wich makes me so happy cause i felt like a really gmped bst without it, thanks very much for advice guys :P
    so in the end... Rampage wins?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Kvana View Post
    well well, seems like i dont need to waste more precious time on this crap wich makes me so happy cause i felt like a really gmped bst without it, thanks very much for advice guys :P
    so in the end... Rampage wins?
    Without question.
    (1)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Louispv View Post
    No it will not. Primal rend will always do 100-200 more damage than cloudsplitter.

No it will not. You are incredibly lucky if you see 1 double damage proc before the aftermath wears off. Your cloudsplitter will be 400-600 damage behind your rampage. (600-800 behind on anything with shell or magic defense bonus) So you need 5-7 double damage procs to beat rampage. At a 30% activation rate that's more than 15-21 swings of just the main hand weapon in 30 seconds to beat rampage. Or about the same speed as hundred fists.

Farsha is absolutely worthless except as a high base damage weapon for rampage, and several other weapons beat it there too. I feel sorry for anyone that wastes time getting it. I feel really sorry for those poor stupid bastards that went to all the trouble of getting an Alard's axe.
    You have no cloudsplitter set and you are not paying attention.

Cloudsplitter has both str and mnd mods at a higher rate than rend's chr mod. Also the tp modifiers are higher, even though 100% is a little lower. and Cloudsplitter has Aftermath.

The 1200+ rampages outside abyssea are not on anything close to an even match. if you want anything EM or higher, Your rampages will not often break 800. They certainly don't AVERAGE 1200. Whereas the magical WS will be consistent.
    (1)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast