Thread: Wtf SE

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post
    First of all your main job is SMN, so how do you know how drks feel? We just had our best spells ripped from us...I have never seen ANY job get there best spell ripped from them...How would you feel if drks got Odin, Alex and Atomos huh?? Yeah I said Atomos, because we just got Absorb-Attr on 9/19/11 and its already been ripped. So if drk got Odin, Alex and Atomos, how would you feel about that?
    LOL Do you really have to ask? The advent of several BLU spells and SCH sucked a lot of advantage away from SMN in aoe buff area. Right now the only buff that we still have that hasn't been replicated yet is Hastega, but it's pretty relative to SCH's new 2hr, embrava. (Edit in: Also, a lot of buffs SMN can use are replicated through BRD and COR buffs as well, in tandom Garuda got Fleet Wind, which pretty much takes directly from BRD's chocobo marzuka.)

DRK already took Odin's lackluster thunder with the Twilight's Scythe's latent ability to cause instant death.
    Alexander's perfect defense? A weaker, yet aoe version of PLD's two hour ability.
    Atomos... isn't even out yet. The abilities is speculated based on the WotG story fight in which Atomos is summoned and used for.

It isn't as bad as you're making it out to be.
    (4)
    Last edited by Soranika; 10-31-2011 at 04:10 AM.
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    You're not making any sense are you really comparing twilight scythe to Odin and say drk is ripping off smn...you cant be serious. Your comparisons make no sense...until drks get to summon a avatar named Odin then you can talk because thats exactly what happen too drks...pup is going to be given a spell call dreadspikes and its cast automatically by the automaton whenever the puppetmaster gets hate...the puppetmaster doesnt have to worry about spell interruption they just hit a dark maneuver are keep on fighting...while we get scarlet delirium
    (1)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Oh jezz... You didn't get it. Lemme simply this for you then.

You bitching about PUP's automaton's getting drain-attributes and dread spikes would be like....

SMNs bitching years ago when SCH could aoe stoneskin and blink.
    WHMs bitching about SCH stoneskin and blink natively.
    RDMs bitching that SMN's diabolos Noctoskin giving.
    DNCs bitching about wild flourish being ripped off by SAM's Konzen-ittai that gives the same chainbound effect.

I could go on but let's face it, as I stated before, PUPs are an amalgamation of many jobs depending on the frame and maneuvers used. DRK frame for automatons mimic DRK abilities, deal with it. All you're showing by your complaining is that you have a very poor understanding of how broken PUP has been and how the job even operates.

And as for your lol comment about the comparison between the twilight scythe's latent ability and Odin's ability, what other job has access to cause instantaneous death effect? Exactly. Many support jobs stole SMN thunder because they could do damn here everything SMN could do for a party WITHOUT having to spend time summoning and casting a ward blood pact every 45 seconds to a minute.

Edit: And what the hell? DRKs aren't really counted on for their drain-attri and dreadspike magic anyway. RDM QQing about WHM getting Addle seem to be more of a valid argument than this.
    (7)
    Last edited by Soranika; 10-31-2011 at 10:14 AM.
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    SMNs bitching years ago when SCH could aoe stoneskin and blink.
    WHMs bitching about SCH stoneskin and blink natively.
    RDMs bitching that SMN's diabolos Noctoskin giving.
    DNCs bitching about wild flourish being ripped off by SAM's Konzen-ittai that gives the same chainbound effect.
    What are you talking about, none of those are the jobs best spells, and those are not top tier job defining spells either, your comparisons are bogus. Why are you even in the drk forums, you offer nothing are far as i'm concerned your just an ant on the wall clamouring for attention, second of all you dont even play drk so how can you offer constructive criticism...wait I know...you cant!
    (1)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    First of all your main job is SMN, so how do you know how drks feel?
    Circumstantial Ad Hominem fallacy. It doesn't matter what job people play most in this game, we aren't incapable of empathy or understanding a simple position like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Soranika View Post
    Afflatus Misery requires WHM to take damage to enhance Cura's cure potency
    I said it was technically similar, but what I had in mind was the charge system (one hit being recorded) being exactly the same, and how it boosts Banish potency. Ultimately, the point was that complaining about the particular things he was complaining about was as absurd.

It still is absurd. No Puppet is ever going to be as useful as a Dark Knight at doing what a Dark Knight can do, unless the Dark Knight is terribly geared. Pets and NPCs never manage to cast spells as good as properly geared player characters.
    (4)

Character
    Nightfyre
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    What are you talking about, none of those are the jobs best spells, and those are not top tier job defining spells either, your comparisons are bogus. Why are you even in the drk forums, you offer nothing are far as i'm concerned your just an ant on the wall clamouring for attention, second of all you dont even play drk so how can you offer constructive criticism...wait I know...you cant!
    Have we really regressed to thinking that you have to play a job to understand it? Ridiculous. Dread Spikes isn't even particularly interesting for PUP, the job favors master damage moreso than BST or SMN and its pets aren't as sturdy. Absorb-Attri offers situational boosts to the pet but it's only part of the job's output, not the whole... and it's my understanding that you have to use a specific combination of automaton parts (Spiritreaver/Harlequin) to even gain access to the spells, which imposes its own limitations. DRK wasn't even the first one to get such a spell anyway, BLU has had Osmosis for over a year now and Voracious Trunk for years before that... you didn't see BLUs QQing about Absorb-Attri, get over yourself.
    (9)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
    Have we really regressed to thinking that you have to play a job to understand it? Ridiculous. Dread Spikes isn't even particularly interesting for PUP, the job favors master damage moreso than BST or SMN and its pets aren't as sturdy. Absorb-Attri offers situational boosts to the pet but it's only part of the job's output, not the whole... and it's my understanding that you have to use a specific combination of automaton parts (Spiritreaver/Harlequin) to even gain access to the spells, which imposes its own limitations. DRK wasn't even the first one to get such a spell anyway, BLU has had Osmosis for over a year now and Voracious Trunk for years before that... you didn't see BLUs QQing about Absorb-Attri, get over yourself.
    False information again on pups casting dreadspikes, you only need to have the blm head on thats it.
    (1)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    A few updates ago when DRK got Absorb-Attri, I remember the majority of the THF community screaming bloody murder about a certain merited ability.
    Not to nit pick but THFs weren't really complaining about DRKs getting absorb-attri. The problem was that like 2 days before SE announced the new spell they told us that putting aura steal on a separate, lower timer would be over powered and then they gave DRK the ability to absorb buffs on a 30-60 second timer. I just don't want THFs legitimate complaints to be lumped in with this thread.
    (3)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Player
    Actually unless you use a PDT setup it wont live long enough to use dread spikes since it needs to be a mage frame and it has to be on the top of the hate list which means the master can not attack it making its uses outside of abyssea pretty low. Just in case you didn't know a mage body is also needed not just the head the head only sets the spells it can cast the body holds the mp which the valoredge body and sharpshot body have no mp.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kaizersan; 10-31-2011 at 05:01 PM.

Character
    Tanzaw
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    You do realize that Dread Spikes is cast on the Automaton itself... Yeah? Save for Repairs/Drain I, it's the only way an Automaton can "cure" itself. The only spells that are casted that are originally self-target only are Stoneskin and Phalanx. Same goes for Absorb - Attribute; that the automaton casts it and it gains a status effect onto itself.

They are something that made the job unique though. And please stop pulling the "YOU DON'T HAVE THIS JOB LEVELED!!!!one!1" card. People can have alternate accounts. The one shown on here/ffxiah.com doesn't mean it's their only account. And now a days, with all the info on wikipedia and the test server, people can easily understand a job they havn't leveled.

It's not like PUP is suddenly getting access to every single spell a DRK has. The BLM frame can only cast
    Elemental Nukes T1-5
    Aspir I/II
    Drain
    Absorb - Attribute
    Absorb - INT
    Dread Spikes
    Bio I/II
    Poison I/II
    Slow/Paralyze/Silence

And the DRK spells it does have access to are only on BLM frame; not like we're going to have a WHM casting Dread Spikes on us. It's going to cast Dread Spikes only if it is at the top of the hate list. I really see nothing wrong with that...

BECAUSE UR A PUP!
    Quite. Also.

Quote Originally Posted by Soranika View Post
    Why are you QQing over that.... automatons are an amalgamation of all jobs. I definitely don't see PUP replacing DRK any time soon.
    I'm in your game, stealing yer ally spot.
    (2)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast