Character
    Thenomadgrey
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

[Dev1029] Thief

Thief

Melee weapon skills will have a chance of enhancing Treasure Hunter effectiveness.*1
    Weapon skills used alone will grant the enhancement at the same rate as standard melee attacks.
    Weapon skills combined with Sneak Attack or Trick Attack will grant the enhancement at the same rate as melee attacks made with these abilities active.

*1 For multi-part weapon skills, the calculation will only be performed for the first hit.
    Has any other THF been able to proc TH off of a WS yet?

I've been trying to test it solo by WS'ing a few times > Bully > Sneak Attack. All the proc messages I get are TH5 (starting from TH4 base.)
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I believe they mentioned that normal WS will have the same TH upgrade chance as a normal melee hit (extremely low), and WS stacked with SA/TA have the same chance as normal hits stacked with SA/TA. So unless you do SAWS or TAWS or both, you probably won't get an upgrade from that. Or did I misunderstand that?
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Thenomadgrey
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I got a friend who got into the testing too and will test that. I remember them saying it wouldn't show up in the chat log though. So that means to see it, you'd have to proc TH via SA/TA or normal hits.

Edit: I meant proc TH after doing the WS to see if the WS increased it or not. I'd like to be able to see it in the chat log still though...
    (0)
    Last edited by Muse; 10-30-2011 at 07:50 AM.

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The THF stuff wasn't in the test server update notes was it? I only saw the pup and sch junk.
    (0)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    The THF stuff wasn't in the test server update notes was it? I only saw the pup and sch junk.
    This is something they implemented for testing right after opening test servers back up again. Prior to most recent update to test server.
    (0)