Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

BALLISTA TOURNAMENT

I am going to be hosting a 1 v 1 Ballista Tournament! Anyone is welcome to participate as the buy in will be 25,000, in addition to a 500,000g prize I will be furnishing myself.

The first place winner will also receive 50 x single pieces in a currency of their choice.

(Do not worry - as I will not be participating during the official proceedings and will be ineligible for the tournament prize.)
    (However I will be up for battle, for anyone that wishes, after the event has finished.)

Anyone and everyone is welcome to join, the more people that turn out the better.

========================================
    Where: Upper Jueno / Abdhaljs Isle-Purgonorgo

When: 11/5/2011 12:00PST|14:00CST|15:00EST|19:000GMT

Why: The Champion will recieve 75% of the entry fee + 500,000g + Bronzpiece Or Whiteshell Or 1 Byne x 50!

The champion will have the opportunity to face me in a special three round showdown after the tournament is concluded for a chance at an even greater prize!

You aren't wusses are you?! Well most of you are, but here's your chance!

(The remaining 25% will go to the runner ups.)

Rules:

Any job combination of any level is allowed to join, I personally suggest a 95 one.

Two hours are prohibited.
    There are no items allowed during matches, and food is prohibited.

You are not allowed to change your main job.
    However you will be told the main job of your enemy, you must immediately declare a main and sub job in /tell and this cannot be changed.
    Both participants will have no knowledge of their opponents sub job selection, only main job.

You will be given time to recover hp/mp between rounds.

Both participants will be in a party, with witnesses to see vitals and discourage shenanigans.

All bouts will consist of two rounds, the first person to two victories is the winner.

TP resets before and between rounds, both participants start each round with 0% TP.

Both participants in a match will begin at their camp, and have two minutes to cast enhancing magic / prepare for the encounter, meet on the beach and begin fighting. Kill on sight.

If you do not make it to the beach and are not actively pursuing your enemy in two minutes you will be disqualified.

All matches will be held on the beach on the north side of the map, kiting is allowed and encouraged for jobs that must make use of it.

Running close enough to the Posten so that your enemy cannot pursue you is an instant loss, and you will be disqualified.

All matches are process of elimination, the brackets and matchups will be decided when everyone is present.

If you do feel that you wish to come send me PM or /tell me in game and show up on the desired day.

=========

Anyone, and everyone, even if you have me blacklisted I will not refuse you. I can not stress enough how little I care about who you are etc.

Feel free to show up and kill each other for money! (And Glory.)

**Notes**

For pet jobs you can go to your Mog House and recover your pet between rounds.

Remember! Utility is golden.

Resist gear is never a bad idea, its a GREAT idea.

/Sprint is there for a reason

Gear swaps penalize you, so use your brain and make an advantageous gear set, unless you're retarded.

If you have /ANY/ questions about PvP or ballista feel free to talk to me, I will be glad to assist you with basic questions about gear swapping, differences to the battle system, etc.
    (1)
    Last edited by Urteil; 10-29-2011 at 09:39 AM.

Character
    Psxpert
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I mean "hell yeah!" send me a /tell if your from Sylph. If your starting a ballista tournament, ill be in it!
    (0)
    "With the POWER of Taru...!"

@@@~'~~~;SYLPH WORLD;~~~,~@@@

Character
    Vassago
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    pets allowed to start with TP?

Tactical Switch
    Swaps Master's current TP with Automaton's current TP. (And vice versa )
    Obtained: Puppetmaster Level 79
    Recast Time: 0:03:00
    Duration: Instant

*Consecutive TP swaps can increase TP above 300, but any action (attack, being hit, etc) that gains TP will reset the value back to 300.
    Weaponskills with 300+TP will still cap at 300TP (and thus waste the remainder), but TP consuming abilities such as /DNC Curing Waltz will only use what is needed and leave any remaining TP over 300.

This pup was having the Automaton WS on me using using 300TP of the 400TP that the Automaton in my opinion "brokenly" accumulates then switching the remaining 100TP to him and closing a very damaging SC on me.
    he was doing this at start(every round) leaving me with just a few hundred HP.
    This game has become very unbalanced and there is almost no point in fighting people that have access to these kinds of non-pvp intended "perks" in pvp.......

If you want to know how that automaton gets over 300TP just read that broken ass /JA explanation carefully its so sad they did not think this would be a problem in PVP.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rohelius; 11-02-2011 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Reason for question is a posible loophole i encountered when telling people TP reset before match.