Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiherlis View Post
    I just got the wireless adapter to use my Xbox360 controller on the PC. However, the driver that comes with it does not allow it to recognize the right and left triggers to be used as normal buttons, like in the game on a 360 or with a ps2 controller. I also tried a 3rd party driver "DS3 tool" but it has the same problem. Has anyone had any luck getting their Xbox360 controller's trigger buttons to work in FFXI? Those buttons bring up your macro set.
    It's your own fault. Unplug the controller because it makes you slow and sloppy. Keyboard only if much faster.
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    It's your own fault. Unplug the controller because it makes you slow and sloppy. Keyboard only if much faster.

Quit trolling people about their use of controller. I'm sure some of them could play rings around you.
    (1)

Dear SE, please make the Xbox 360 controller for windows work on this game.

Thanks.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    The 360's gamepad's triggers are actually sliders not buttons, and FFXI doesn't recognize sliders as buttons. It wouldn't be hard for SE to fix this though.
    It would be, because AFAIK that requires the newer input standard used by the xbox controller (Xinput). FFXI uses DirectInput (part of DirectX 9 and earlier) for gamepad support, so functionality which depends on Xinput wouldn't be available. Newer games that support the xbox controller specifically do not support a lot of older game pads because they only use Xinput, not DirectInput, which is now considered depreciated by Microsoft and will no longer be a part of future versions of DirectX.

Dear SE, please make the Xbox 360 controller for windows work on this game.
    FFXI for PC doesn't use Xinput, thus it will not fully support the xbox 360 controller under Windows. (The Xbox 360 itself is another matter, because it's not Windows)
    (0)

Player
    so update FFXI'directX program ....
    update FFXI engine !
    thow away ps2 version !

ho my.......... it's 2012...

make a new FFXIv2.0 with the FFXIVv2.0 engine (dream )
    (0)
    Last edited by Evan; 01-03-2012 at 07:12 PM.
    SMN90 BLM90 WHM90 RDM85 ~ MNK75 PLD75
    Forum Storm FFXI : http://www.storm-linkshell.com/ffxi/index.php5
    Forum Storm FFXIV : http://stormffxiv.monalliance.net/

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Or another simplier solution without having to download 3rd party driver (sorry I haven't tried any other one but the XBCD one but that doesnt' work anymore with Win 7 since all drivers now must be signed). I remap it so instead of using the 2 triggers, I just use the 'bummers' above them. It actually only takes very little time to adjust to use the bummers.
    (0)

Character
    Tsuneo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
    Or another simplier solution without having to download 3rd party driver (sorry I haven't tried any other one but the XBCD one but that doesnt' work anymore with Win 7 since all drivers now must be signed). I remap it so instead of using the 2 triggers, I just use the 'bummers' above them. It actually only takes very little time to adjust to use the bummers.
    XBCD does work since that's what I use on my 360 controller. You just have to turn off driver signature enforcement every time you boot your PC.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
    Or set it to always be off.
    (0)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    turning off driver signature enforcement is a very very bad idea for most users.
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It would be, because AFAIK that requires the newer input standard used by the xbox controller (Xinput). FFXI uses DirectInput (part of DirectX 9 and earlier) for gamepad support, so functionality which depends on Xinput wouldn't be available. Newer games that support the xbox controller specifically do not support a lot of older game pads because they only use Xinput, not DirectInput, which is now considered depreciated by Microsoft and will no longer be a part of future versions of DirectX.

FFXI for PC doesn't use Xinput, thus it will not fully support the xbox 360 controller under Windows.
    No it wouldn't, the shoulder buttons show up as an axis in Directinput. It would not be hard to make FFXI able to recognize an axis as a button. From a programming standpoint it's not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    (The Xbox 360 itself is another matter, because it's not Windows)
    Actually the Xbox 360 is windows, just not Intel Windows. It runs a PowerPc version of Windows and DirectX 9. Porting applications between the PC and Windows is basically just a matter of cross compiling the application.
    (0)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 01-04-2012 at 06:30 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast