Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Shiherlis
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95

Xbox 360 controller on PC

I just got the wireless adapter to use my Xbox360 controller on the PC. However, the driver that comes with it does not allow it to recognize the right and left triggers to be used as normal buttons, like in the game on a 360 or with a ps2 controller. I also tried a 3rd party driver "DS3 tool" but it has the same problem. Has anyone had any luck getting their Xbox360 controller's trigger buttons to work in FFXI? Those buttons bring up your macro set.
    (0)

Character
    Djlevation
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BST Lv 95
    nope, for some reason the xbox controller triggers don't register as buttons.
    (0)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I haven't used Pinnacle Game Profiler in a few years but it used to allow mapping the triggers as buttons even though they aren't buttons.
    http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    You could use a different driver. the one I use is called XBCD (should show up in a google search). There has been several topics about this already so if you want more info you can do a search.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Trust me when I say that i've spent tons and tons of hours trying to get the Wireless 360 controller to work.
    The Xbox 360 controller is in a different format than what the old FFXI config is used to, so it can't read the triggers.

If you messed with XBCD you could get this to work. However, there is no method to get this to work with the Wireless controller only the wired.

I just pretty much use a PS3 controller now.
    (1)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Djlevation View Post
    nope, for some reason the xbox controller triggers don't register as buttons.
    The 360's gamepad's triggers are actually sliders not buttons, and FFXI doesn't recognize sliders as buttons. It wouldn't be hard for SE to fix this though.
    (1)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    You could use a different driver. the one I use is called XBCD (should show up in a google search). There has been several topics about this already so if you want more info you can do a search.
    If you are using any 64-bit Windows then you will have to disable driver signature enforcement to be able to use XBCD which is an unsigned driver. (the simplest way is to just hit F8 on bootup and select "Disable driver signature enforcement" They can't afford the $100 per year license fee that MS requires for signed drivers. Rather than trying to come up with their own encryption they decided that it would be better to hire real cryptography experts and subcontracted Verisign to do it for them. Driver signatures are issued by Verisign not Microsoft and this is what the license fee is for. So far nobody has managed to actually break their driver signature and not for lack of trying.

As for the reason for all this, blame the RIAA and MPAA. They went to Microsoft and told them that they wanted Blu-Ray video decryption locked down on Windows (if you have driver signature enforcement disabled then Blu-Ray movies won't play) and hinted that if MS didn't comply they'd have legislation passed that would force them to do it. MS would rather do it voluntarily than have a law that forces them to do it in a probably much more restrictive way.
    (0)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 10-29-2011 at 07:49 AM.

Character
    Shiherlis
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    Thanks!

I just pretty much use a PS3 controller now.
    So if I get a wireless adapter for my ps3 controller it's relatively painless to setup?
    (0)

I think if you want to use wireless pad for FFXI,logicool wireless gamepad F710 is better for your need.
    It can change XBOX mode and PC mode.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming...s/devices/7361
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Controllers are slow and worthless. Keyboards are conciderably faster and more accurate.
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast