Thread: DRK in XIV?

Character
    Anathiel
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95

DRK in XIV?

I know, this is the XI forum not the XIV forum. But I was curious what XI drks thought. In the new french interview Yoshida brought up the dev team was making a "Dark" job. Now, pretty safe to assume its going to be dark knight.
    My question to you guys is: do you think they shouldn't add drk? I mean, they have not been able to balance drk over 9 years in XI, do you think they'll be able to do it in XIV? The new dragoon job is going to be a "build up combos to do huge crit hits" and the new warrior job is going to be the same as a XI warrior from what I've gathered. So, if they're going to implement drk, what is there left for it?
    (0)
    Haiku's are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Barely played 14 but I bet the scythe models will be ridic looking. That is one great game visually.
    (0)

Character
    Anathiel
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    I saw the concept art, and what I thought was for drk ended up being drg. But yeah no doubt drk would look amazing in xiv. But as far as mechanics go, I really hope they don't try to copy the XI formula. It failed, hard. Well at least to everybody on these forums and all the drks I know in the game xD
    (0)
    Haiku's are easy
    Refrigerator

Character
    Fiyaro
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I thought the concept art was for drk too lol. I play xiv daily and would love to see drk in it, it would prob be sick. But the dev team said they are more focused on pet and mage classes atm and only 1 job per class for now so we prob wont be seeing drk anytime soon. The game is getting fixes all the time tho and they are throwing alot of new stuff at us so most likely we will see it at some point. They need to save things for future expansions and they need to finish fixing what was broken too so time will tell. At least they have been doing a great job getting the game to a playable level, even tho there are still alot of haters out there who judge a game they either havent played or havent played since repairs have started.
    (0)
    Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself, you would cry your eyes out if you didn't.

Character
    Anathiel
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Michae View Post
    I thought the concept art was for drk too lol. I play xiv daily and would love to see drk in it, it would prob be sick. But the dev team said they are more focused on pet and mage classes atm and only 1 job per class for now so we prob wont be seeing drk anytime soon. The game is getting fixes all the time tho and they are throwing alot of new stuff at us so most likely we will see it at some point. They need to save things for future expansions and they need to finish fixing what was broken too so time will tell. At least they have been doing a great job getting the game to a playable level, even tho there are still alot of haters out there who judge a game they either havent played or havent played since repairs have started.
    Well, in the new french interview yoshida explained how jobs work. You have to lvl different classes. I think he said paladin is part marauder and part gladiator. Also pretty sure one class can open up multiple jobs (if not now, later). Now I would have to go back and read it through again. Which I'm not lol. Hmmm.
    (0)
    Haiku's are easy
    Refrigerator