Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    How can someone be so in love with SMN spirits?

It boggles my mind.
    Think of it like the abused/neglected housewife; Always dreaming of what her husband could be someday if he only changed, ignoring how terrible he is now and holding out forever on a change that will never happen.
    (2)

Player
    As I began reading this topic, five minutes younger and more naive than I am at present, it amazed me that Mellowy wasn't talking about Spirits again. Sure, she's complaining about Summoner for the hundred-thousandth time, but it's not like there aren't things to complain about. I thought this might mark a new trend in Mellowy's complaints about Summoner...

A few paragraphs later, the illusion is shattered as Mellowy begins talking about Spirits again. Thanks for reminding us all that the sun is still in the sky and the dead are not yet walking the earth, Mellowy.
    (2)
    Last edited by SpankWustler; 10-30-2011 at 12:45 AM. Reason: It's far more than the hundredth time. I am sure of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    How can someone be so in love with SMN spirits?

It boggles my mind.
    You could say that about anyone who is passionate about anything.
    Words don't describe everything.
    (1)

Character
    Tanzaw
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    You are seriously complaining about Spirits? Here, let me lay down what use they have.

Buffs (I've often used a LightSpirit right before a fight for the pro/shell if I were solo)
    Elemental Siphon
    Aggro and need something to get attention (since spirits cast faster than avatars)

That's it. Automatons have been BROKEN for 5 years now. FIVE. YEARS.
    -The WHM/RDM frames are FINALLY getting some enhancing spells.
    -RDM hasn't been able to cast T4 spells since the level 80 cap was released.
    -WHM frame would always cast the highest tier cure despite MP cost/if it was called for.
    -WHM frame would always cast -na spells over Cure (which they still do, but...)
    -All mage frames would cast one spell then have to wait ~23 secs depending on frame/head mixture.
    -BLM frame would only cast Aspir when MP hit 75%.
    -Shock Absorber attachment was a constant 100HP Stoneskin; useless when everything in abyssea hits for 200+ as VT/IT.
    -Eraser would remove ALL maneuvers, but would only remove status effects equal to the number of Light Maneuvers lost.
    -Heatsink would only apply to Fire Maneuvers (helpful for RNG/Melee frame. Useless for mage frames.)
    -Even with Analyzer equipped, the Automaton's Shield Bash would only gain an enhancement if the mob used the TP move already. (If it used another TP move different from the previous one, the "memory" on Analyzer would reset.)
    -RNG Frame Automaton's ranged attacks are calculated as Throwing; the closer the automaton is, the more damage it does and the more likely it will take damage. Further away, it is safer but does less damage.

Don't say "Are PUPs the only loved ones" like we get something every update. This has been LONG overdue.
    (6)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Shouldn't elemental spirits be more compared to the use of monsters that BST's charm than that of automatons anyway?
    (0)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Player
    Spirits don't need to be relevant, they were basically placeholders until RoZ was added and the Avatars were introduced. They need about as much updating as low level BLU spells and nukes.
    (0)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Spirits don't need to be relevant, they were basically placeholders until RoZ was added and the Avatars were introduced. They need about as much updating as low level BLU spells and nukes.
    Maybe so. I still find relevance in voidwatch, using them to help proc elemental magic if we're low on blms and some stuff don't land. Hugely a luck factor in there, but they've been proven to work.
    (0)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Character
    Shotaro
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I see no problem with smn really, i think its good as is. Smn along with bst dominates things like WoE. They are pretty much the ones carrying the PC's to victory (like the big dragon flux forget what number, PC's bite it so easily from Vermillion Wind, and others, pets take it in stride) with thier amazing curing of pets (bst), and ability to just poop out a new pet in a matter of seconds (smn). Pup cannot do that, at least NOT as well.

Its time for other pet jobs to shine imo, or get some kind of spot in the light.
    (0)

Character
    Tanzaw
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Oh, and another thing.

Avatars have a native Physical Damage Taken -50%; 52~% with Stout Servant and no gear.

And yes, I'm aware you're talking for Titan's Favor being changed from DEF+ to DMG taken-. But Automatons only have PDT-5% just from stout servant and no gear. And with gear (not counting any add-on augmented gear), we can get a whomping PDT-5% and DMG taken -2%.

Players that will be tanking and will be the ones that benefit the most from the favor can easily get damage taken- gear. And Earthen Armor on top of all that to lower damage even further should an attack be lethal.

Please, for the love of God, don't complain about Puppetmasters getting a pet update that matters after so long. SMN isn't broken. Well... Maybe for that Phalanx bit from Diabolos and Sleepga. But Spirits are considered useless among summoners for anything that isn't what I listed before in my previous post. PUPs actually NEED this to function properly as a Solo job/Party job. This is going to open quite a few doors for PUP; doors that SMN already has access to.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Before I read this thread, I wouldn't have believe anyone was angry that PUP is finally getting some attention. Turns out I would have been wrong.

Summoner has a purpose and a use right now. PUP has no use. Stop whining.
    I would strongly disagree that "PUP has no use" right now, though I would agree if it was changed to "No use that especially stands out in a crowd." It's not that PUP is "bad", it's that nothing it does is particularly special except maybe in a solo context.

That being said, the changes in this update make the things that a lot of people WANT to do with pup but cant much more doable than before. e.g. being able to take a supportive role without getting screwed pver on any monster that inflicts any curable status effect. Just making the AI a lot less fail is a miracle in itself as far as making PUP more useable.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 11-02-2011 at 10:04 AM.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast