Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

[Dev 1036] Daily Reward System

Has anyone who's on the Test Server got any info to share about this new system? What is it? What are the rewards?

Kind of sounds like a ffxiv-style levequest system.
    (0)
    Last edited by Babekeke; 10-29-2011 at 07:22 PM.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    There is a goblin in certain areas such as L. Jeuno, you earn points daily or by trading items I believe. You can then spend the points on Random items..

You have to pick a number between 1-5 and it takes that amount of points from you x10 so 1 = 10, 5 = 50 and so on, you are then given an annoyingly long CS and an item.

Items are random. From no.5, I got (max 1): Dragon Steak, Nebimonite, Logs and an X-Potion.
    (0)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    108 dial 5s. I'm assuming we will get 10 points per day so this is 540 days worth of items? All I got was a bunch random food meds and crafting junk. What is the point of this? Is this so people who don't do voidwatch can experience the frustration of getting random unwanted crap from chests? Has anyone gotten anything that isn't just NPC food?
    (5)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Patrik
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    they said somewhere that the items that we will get from this will be different once its released. they probably just made it shoot out random stuff for now to test how it functions. at least i really hope it doesn't just give random crap when its implemented XD
    (0)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Hmm, yeah it's right there in red. I don't know exactly what we are testing right now then. Kinda hard to leave feedback on something that isn't anything like it's supposed to be when finally implemented. We need some kind of idea what the rewards are going to be.
    (0)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Shibayama
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    And yet somehow...

I am honestly scared to death that 9/10 thats what we're going to get. FFXI + random has never worked out well and it was only popular because we had no other means of getting good gear if we weren't in a serious endgame linkshell. Now that abyssea and Magian Trials are out does anybody do fairy augments or tab augments, or do the final fights to the mini expansions for a shot at well-augmented gear? The only thing I can think of that worked out were interim dominion weapons if you don't want to do a magian and certain armors - the curepotency body is one of the few I can think of that was a genuine success as a fulltime peice.

If we have to log in daily to get better rewards, I really do hope that the higher amount of points used gets you some pretty nice stuff, especially if this is going to be some incentive to play more. If its just elixers and logs *again* nobody is going to pay it any mind. I just really wish SE would get it through that people don't like rolling the lottery ball for a 5% chance at something good - they like working towards a goal. The post-abyssea trend though seems to be creating rarity through things you can repeat often but 90% of the time you get garbage, instead of world spawns and placeholder style NM's. See? Now ffxi is *casual friendly*!

THAT BEING SAID: I understand those might be just placeholders for now since they haven't had the time to make new items yet, but as far as random FFXI history goes, it doesn't look good.
    (2)
    Last edited by Shibayama; 10-29-2011 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    108 dial 5s. I'm assuming we will get 10 points per day so this is 540 days worth of items? All I got was a bunch random food meds and crafting junk. What is the point of this? Is this so people who don't do voidwatch can experience the frustration of getting random unwanted crap from chests? Has anyone gotten anything that isn't just NPC food?
    Uppercase. LOL.

Anyway, What PATRIK said, They said these were merely placeholder junk. We're probably testing if the codes work. I.E its not pooping out Relics or Warping us to Qufim
    (0)

Player
    If it's going to hand out random food, medicines, and crafting items, I'd prefer that they be unique to this (with the possible exception that the foods/medicines can be made using the crafting items from this).

And by "unique" on the food/medicine, I mean "with effects that are drastically different from anything currently craftable". Food with direct enhancements to things like crit rate/magic attack/perpetuation cost/etc. Medicines that grant effects that are otherwise available only from spells and/or that are meant to target pets or enemies (yes, I'm aware of Dawn Mulsum and pet food; further extensions to that, basically). Things like that.

EDIT: You know, looking at the post below, that'd be an interesting idea: a medicine with a Dedication effect. (Or one with a "increases CP/IS gained" effect, which would probably have more of a use for higher-level players.)
    (0)
    Last edited by MDenham; 10-29-2011 at 02:20 PM.

Character
    Patrik
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    i have kinda the same concern Shibayama said though. while i know that these items are just placeholders, i can't help but fear the actual items we get wont be too far off from this random crap...

so might as well try to give SE some ideas on what we'd like to see, since they haven't given even the slightest clue as to what the idea behind this system is or what they plan to give away. i think with something like this, some form of consumables would be the best reward. since saying "well log on every day for a year and get excalibur" would be kinda dumb imo. so how about something like, you can get a boost of exp (good for low level jobs) or beastmen seals or something along those lines...

basically things that will always be useful, as opposed to WoE drops that are... really only useful for vendoring for gil
    (0)

Character
    Shibayama
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    To be honest I kind of hope that the items they give away are unique furnishing sets or town costume armor you can get in pieces per tier. That way you don't have to worry about people being pissed about the stats on armor/having a 1% chance to get a good peice of armor/getting spells that become increasingly less valuable with time given to you randomly. If the random items were actually *fun* it would be more of an enjoyable system instead of one valuable item and the rest being crafting/consumable crap.

For example having things like special costume armor that you can earn 1 piece from each slot (hands, legs, ect) per tier - I remember somebody a long time ago suggested "Major Npc costume armor" so maybe unisex versions of characters like Aldo and Prishe and maybe 2-3 other characters' outfits, or special furnishing sets. That way you don't have the 95% crap, 5% chance to get the good item while also consuming your daily log in points. They could change them every so often to add a bit of collectability to them as well.

Is it silly and pointless and a big inventory space sink? Yes assuming you keep all the sets, but I would rather collect something fun and cool with this rather than have it turn into "Damn I just used a week's worth of points and got an elixer... again" Creating rarity through low earning rates and frustrating repetition is the last thing we need more of.
    (2)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast