Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xbobx View Post
    "*Making it so that Dread Spikes is prioritized over Absorb-Int as the first spell casted by Black Mage pet and Harliquin Frame + Black Mage Head"

Please disregard this idea, Dread spikes is a defensive spell, absorb Int is offense, Offense for more dmg/less resistance first, dread spikes when it takes hate.
    I was going to disagree at first, but then I remembered that now that the global recast has been reduced and that dark and elemental magic should theoretically have separated timers, absorb int won't be totally useless for increasing damage. Before, since a lot of the benefit would decay before you ever actually got a nuke off, there was no point to it, but now since you can theoretically get 3 ice maneuvers up within 10 seconds of casting absorb int, it actually has a use, other than lowering the target's int for your blm buddies' e-peen nukes, lol
    (0)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Player
    Dunno about you guys, but I really feel they should make Pro/Shell master-only, it'll be an MP sink otherwise. That or make it the ~ra version.

Shame that's not the only problem with the job, the spell priorities are way out of whack.
    (0)

Character
    Treyd
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Dunno about you guys, but I really feel they should make Pro/Shell master-only, it'll be an MP sink otherwise. That or make it the ~ra version.

Shame that's not the only problem with the job, the spell priorities are way out of whack.
    From what I remember hearing, the auto only casts Protect/Shell on others with a Water Maneuver active so it should be a non-issue. I like have the option to buff others.

That aside, I also just wanted to chime in and say that so far I am loving most of the changes to the attachments/AI. Soulsoother actually feels like a useful tool rather than a buggy gimmicky Cure VI bot. That isn't to say that it's perfect. Status cures STILL come before Cures, and under certain circumstances the puppet gets a little Erase happy...

Even if the changes make it through as is... It is still a huge step in the right direction. Now to test RDM frame...
    (0)

Player
    Automaton Functionality Change Suggestions:

-Issue where when Harlequin Head is equipped with Harlequin Frame or Stormwaker Frame, it does not cast magic.

-Issue where Soulsoother prioritizes Erase/-na over Cure, when masters HP is red.

-Issue where Soulsoother continually cast Erase in an attempt to remove Sleep status effect (which does not work) or to remove "Aura" type status ailments.

-Issue where Stormwaker prioritizes Stoneskin over Cure, when masters HP is red.

-Issue where Soulsoother and Stormwaker continually cast Silence on mobs (with MP) that do not cast magic.

-Issue where Spiritreaver uses Absorb-Attri to absorb and override one of his enhancements for a (usually weaker) enhancement (i.e. Casts Dreadspikes => Casts Absorb-Attri => Gains Blaze Spikes [10-15 dmg spikes])

-Making it so that Stormwaker ONLY cast elemental magic while under the effect of Ice Maneuver ( because of their long casting times and for the sake of MP conservation and hate control)

Attachment Related Change Suggestions:

-Extending the current effect of equalizer to Magical Damage, recalculating the current effect of equalizer, or repurposing Equalizer all together, so it isn't completely overshadowed by Armor Plate I/II

Additional (but not dire) Suggestion: (Me being hopeful)

-Adding Dark Magic (Dread Spikes) and/or ranged attacks to Harlequin Frame and or revamping him in a way that makes him a inticing option (aka Onion Knight Frame).

-Providing another means of prioritizing Automaton TP Abilities outside of Elemental Maneuvers (Possibly Non Elemental Maneuvers [Offensive/Defensive Maneuver], or a TP ability setting menu.

-Strengthening Cannibal Blade or adding an occasional "Drain" effect to Shield Bash while equpped with the "Hammermill" attachment instead of Slow effect and/or 100% Shield Bash Accuracy (In general, any alternative means to heal Valoredge Frame [Current Options: Cannibal Blade, Repair, Role Reversal, and maybe Auto Repair Kit I/II, if you count/use those as a serious means of keeping Valoredge alive]).
    (1)
    Last edited by Nezha; 11-01-2011 at 01:32 AM.

Character
    Kiakasha
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    -Issue where when Harlequin Head is equipped with Harlequin Frame or Stormwaker Frame, it does not cast magic.
    I noticed this also, will test more later.
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Okay wtf. I have to rant about the still terrible ai.

1) Global recast is 10 seconds
    2) Cure recast is 15 seconds
    3) Enfeeble recast is 10 seconds
    4) -na and enhancing are taking priority over healing

This is all just unacceptable.

There is 0 point in a 15s recast timer on cure when the global recast is 10 seconds.
    You will see cure(wait 10)>enfeeble(wait 10)>cure(wait 10)

Even with damage guage on, you cannot get cure to 10 seconds or lower, and thus cure will always be 20 seconds apart.

CURE NEEDS TO PRIORITIZE OVER EVERYTHING. I dont know how many times we need to say it, but cure needs to be the number 1 priority. I dont care if the global recast timer is up,
    • If I am at 20% hp and cure is 2 seconds away...dont cast an enfeeble/enhancing/na...wait 2 seconds then cast cure
    • If I am at 20% hp and cure/na/enhancing/enfeebling are all available (regardless of attachments) cure needs to take priority.
    • There needs to be a way to turn enfeebling off on the WHM or RDM pet, I would suggest damage gauge attachment +1 or more light maneuvers stops all enfeebles (sorry dia, if we want you, we wont use damage gauge)
    (1)

Character
    Stigmar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95

Interesting so far

Tested the new changes last night pretty impressed valoredge was able to sit and tank a nm with a couple of oils tossed on it and replicator on 3 wind manas, my only concern is with the buffs haste protect shell i feel atleast haste should be under a wind trigger rather than a light trigger I am going to test later if the bug of it casting silence on a mob with mp which does not cast is still there and the bug where if your emfeb and down to say 1 hp, will it cast cure or status removal.

Also Maintance am not really sure if this any use as repair as far as am aware did remove status debuffs could of just been sleep but perhaps why not just make it Repair II with Curing that frame and removing the debuffs at the same time would save wasting 2 oils and just use the one, I will give it more of a play around later today but i get the feeling it will end up like cool down total waste of a ability (I still believe cool down should be a lvl 30 - 40 ability)

All in all puppetmaster get ready to hear every other job complain about how over powered we are because we get no love anyway lol
    (0)
    Last edited by Stigmar; 10-31-2011 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmar View Post
    my only concern is with the buffs haste protect shell i feel atleast haste should be under a wind trigger rather than a light trigger

I am going to test later if the bug of it casting silence on a mob with mp which does not cast is still there and the bug where if your emfeb and down to say 1 hp, will it cast cure or status removal.

Also Maintance am not really sure if this any use as repair as far as am aware did remove status debuffs could of just been sleep but perhaps why not just make it Repair II with Curing that frame and removing the debuffs at the same time would save wasting 2 oils and just use the one,

I will give it more of a play around later today but i get the feeling it will end up like cool down total waste of a ability (I still believe cool down should be a lvl 30 - 40 ability)
    Might want to go read the post in the pup forum or the already posted bugs/feedback..

1) All buffs (including haste) are water, not light
    2) Yes it is still silencing mobs like beetles/crabs with mp and no spells, it even addles them now
    3) It is now prioritizing buffs > -na > cureing unless you have 2-3 light maneuvers up. Dont bother testing, you will die with haste up and no cures!
    4) You can already repair + remove status ailments using af gear, no need to add repair 2
    5) Cool down is actually very useful....for testing stuff on the test server, other then that, yeah its still worthless.
    (0)

Character
    Stigmar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Well done some testing since then you dont need water for buffs to go off light will trigger them water I believe is only for party buffing but yeah SE still need to address the issue with its Priorty in curing this could be one massive headache in party situations. Clearly the Soulsoother and stormwaker ai still need fixing.

Only one good thing i did notice spiritreaver didnt decide to go on a aspiring spam fest which is atleast one step in the right direction the only thing i still wish they would address is the deployment range but meh

And i feel your missing the point with my repair 2 comment do you really want to be using 2 repair oils one for Repair and one Maintance in theroy your statement pretty much just proved that maintance is a waste when you can already achieve it with normal repair so why not just make a enhance version of repair and be done with it
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I am not missing it... maintenance is on its own timer, and separate from repair, you only use it when repair isnt up. That is its key feature. If erase/repair aren't up then at least its another option.

Even then eraser >>> maintenance
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast