Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfoley View Post
    What are you asking for? In his post he translated the original comments with the original posters names? What else is there to include?

And yes it was with scanner equipped. Without scanner it will cast them once all other debuffs are exhausted but wont move them to the top with wind/fire maneuvers so its still nice.
    wait... does that mean they'll put silence and addle last on the list when the mob is a blm or something? /facepalm
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    No, havent tested it on mages yet, but on crabs/beetles its last unless you have scanner
    (0)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    sounds like we are more or less good for this to be implemented on live server, little tweaks can be done later
    (0)

Player
    What are you asking for? In his post he translated the original comments with the original posters names? What else is there to include?
    He wanted to look at the untranslated versions of the posts. That's what the little double-arrowhead in a blue rectangle at the beginning of a quote is for, though: it links to the original post.

I'm not sure if it's sad on person X's part or sad on SE's part when person X doesn't trust SE's translation.
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...913#post221913

Worlds longest link, thanks to jp characters.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Yes it still tries to cure aura status, I don't think there is a way to code for it not to since the status is "poison" and not "Aura: Poison" the pet just sees poison and tries to cure it.

I would love for it to be different, but I think we might be stuck with that.
    If the automaton can see duration of debuffs (might need Damage Gauge), it could ignore those with a very short time time remaining.
    Although with the new casting timers, it might not matter much. It'll still cast Poisona on that Aura: Poison, but it'll follow up with Cure VI shortly afterwards, right?
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Esor
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    ^slightly related, but referring to stona, puppet still does stona > cure? that is the only spell i feel should be prio'd over cure, since if you're waiting while being petrified, you're probably going to die regardless... actually, this brings up another question, since i'm not quite clear on previous explanations. are cures on a separate timer or a healing magic timer? (including cures/na's) it sounded like enhancing/elem/enfeebs were on their own timer for each category.

if cures are indeed on a separate timer than the other healing spells, that would certainly be interesting.

edit: re read OP, works as i thought.. wording confused me first time. disregard~
    (0)
    Last edited by esoR; 11-07-2011 at 07:41 PM.

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by esoR View Post
    ^slightly related, but referring to stona, puppet still does stona > cure? that is the only spell i feel should be prio'd over cure, since if you're waiting while being petrified, you're probably going to die regardless... actually, this brings up another question, since i'm not quite clear on previous explanations. are cures on a separate timer or a healing magic timer? (including cures/na's) it sounded like enhancing/elem/enfeebs were on their own timer for each category.

if cures are indeed on a separate timer than the other healing spells, that would certainly be interesting.

edit: re read OP, works as i thought.. wording confused me first time. disregard~
    Well the issue with stona is that if you are 2-4 hits from dieing, it doesn't matter if you are stone/poison/diseased/slowed etc. It should always cast cure 5~6. Then you have 10-12 hits before you die, and ample time to cure the status ailments.

Currently it will stona -> wait 10 sec -> cure 6 (if you have less than 3 maneuvers). Which is more than enough time for a mob to kill you.
    (0)

if the mob hits hard enough, and you need utsusemi to be able to survive more than like 3 or 4 hits... i'd prefer stona. then, i could attempt to hold my own until cure was ready. less relevant, but you can't guard while petrified either.
    (0)

Character
    Esor
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    thanks for the info. i'm usually /nin and save Role reversal for those situations, but everyone's different.
    (0)

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast