Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Character
    Sylvya
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by xbobx View Post
    probably dumb question but how do you change the resolution on test server, where are the options?
    I did it in the registry, used this page as reference:
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Graphics

In the registry, at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\FinalFantasyXITestClient
    *edit* my windows 7 is 64 bits, so the exact location might change...

option 034, change to decimal, put it at 1.
    (0)
    Last edited by Devnull; 10-30-2011 at 05:52 AM. Reason: mention that my windows 7 is 64 bits

I got my puppet to cure over -na, finally. It took 3 light maneuvers, but she did it. Got this to work with no attachments, damage gauge alone, and vivi-valve alone, but haven't tried it with anything else. That's a lot of stupid.

For that test: Deus with soulsoother set, no attachments. role reversal, deactivate, activate for full HP/mp, poison pot from the GM moogle, then deploy/retrieve on various mobs around the batallia-jeuno zone to see if I could get anything other than poisona. If I could get my hands on some blinding potions that would be a lot more conclusive in my eyes, as the puppet -could- prioritize poisona due to it removing a dot and poison -normally- being a lot more potent when you're at 330 HP than it is from a poison pot.

Also, the puppet -won't- over write a lesser protect or shell. /sch, Puppet cast pro and shell 5, I canceled protect, cast protect II, and my puppet cast haste. probably the same with shell, will test that in a minute.

edit: also did some testing with auto repair kit II: No change to the HP% increase that I can see, but the regens got increased across the board.

----- Harlequin Frame
    1 light: 12 HP/sec
    2 light: 24 HP/sec
    3 light: 37 HP/sec
    ----- Valoredge Frame
    1 light: 12 HP/sec
    2 light: 25 HP/sec
    3 light: 38 HP/sec
    ----- Sharpshot Frame
    1 light: 11 HP/sec
    2 light: 22 HP/sec
    3 light: 34 HP/sec
    ----- Stormwaker Frame
    1 light: 10 HP/sec
    2 light: 21 HP/sec
    3 light: 32 HP/sec

Also, is there some sort of pup-test-data-linkshell? If so, I can haz pearl? If not, I'll go make one, send me a tell for a pearl and I'll sack you, and we can get a better flow iof information going. I can't write stuff down while testing because I don't have any space at my desk for pencil/paper, so if I could share info with someone that DOES, I could get stuff done a lot faster than I am having to log out every 10-15 minutes to compile data x.x
    (1)
    Last edited by Theytak; 10-30-2011 at 05:55 AM.
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Theytak View Post
    I got my puppet to cure over -na, finally. It took 3 light maneuvers, but she did it. Got this to work with no attachments, damage gauge alone, and vivi-valve alone, but haven't tried it with anything else. That's a lot of stupid.
    Well - That's nothing new. On live servers the puppet will Cure over -na with 3x light maneuvers.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tarumage View Post
    Well - That's nothing new. On live servers the puppet will Cure over -na with 3x light maneuvers.
    that was my point.

Also, I've got a shell made for pup testing. Send Theytak a tell if you see me on while you're testing and I'll run you a pearl. It'll make testing shit a lot easier for everyone once we're all linked up like that.
    (0)
    Siren Server since 2004
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Player
    Thanks for the compilation Dfoley. I wanted to add some suggestions based on the testing I've done (this will be quick). Not sure how to post so Devs will see, so if we could compile known issues and focus our suggestions cleanly and clearly so that they can be considered for reimplementation that would be awesome!

Issues: -Eqipping Harlequin Head with a either Harlequin Frame or Stormwaker Frame results in an non-casting Automaton (To clearify I believe the fault is in the head).
    -Issue where Automaton casts "Silence" on mobs who resistances are too high to even silence or that do not cast magic and simply have MP.

Suggestions: -Scaling the potency of Shock Absorber depending on amount of HP or simply by frame, where Stormwaker/Soulsoother/Spiritreaver would benefit the most, then scaling downward: Sharpshot > Harlequin > Valoredge.
    The now universal 283 damage seems befitting for Valoredge seeing as he has 2000+ HP and very good DEF, but for Stormwaker/Soulsoother/Spiritreaver with only ~1000 HP this blocks a hit and maybe two if your lucky of a worthy opponent. Other suggestion which might be easier to implement as a Universal ~350 Stoneskin which is the old( or possibly still) the Stoneskin Hard Cap. The for the sake of the argument that "Puppetmaster is overpowered" which I do see coming (and which I will say I disagree with) I believe scaling is a better option.

- Revamping "Equalizer". It really lost in purpose in the shadow of the Armor Plates which are now PDT-. Suggestion: Recalculation of damage absorbed by Equalizer or extending its effect to "Magical Damage" also instead of only "Physical Damage".

- Revamping Cannibal Blade or some other form of sustaining Valoredge. Looking at all the frames, he had the least change in performance. I know that one might argue that the new armor plates was a large boost in Valoregde performance, but I would disagree only because Armor plate may be utilized by all frames, and there for it was therefore a boost in Universal Automaton Survivability, which I really appreciate, but as for Valoredge by himself... he only recieved a 100% Shield Bash accuracy attachment. My other suggestion would be allowing him more TP per hit, so that he may WS or use Cannibal Blade more often or boosting Turbo Charger so that the Valoredge accumulates TP at a rate that would allow him to sustain himself with the current Cannibal Blade calculations. Another option would be while equpped with Hammermill, it would add a proportionate Drain effect to Shield Bash or a possible Aftermath such as "Regen" after Shield Bashing. Or going back to another argument just allowing him Cure I-IV? (If anyone has any other creative and feasible suggestions for Valoredge that would be great.)
    (1)

Stormwaker priorities:
    Enhancing -> Elemental -> enfeebling
    UNLESS
    elemental can one shot. Tried it against bunnies outside sandy and all caroline ever did was nuke, unless I got two really close and got a deploy out before the elemental recast was up.
    In sky vs pots/birds/dolls: enhancing -> elemental -> enfeebling -> Enhancing -> elemental -> enfeebling
    In ronf vs bunnies/worms: Elemental -> enhancing -> enfeebling

Elemental's recast feels like it's the same as enhancing, so 10~12 seconds.

As for healing, I tested with soulsoother; activate -> role reverasal -> fight some shit to get my HP down a bit more, but not triggering cure. Once ready, Deploy -> cast random spell -> light maneuver -> cure V -> role reversal -> some enfeeble -> cure V, so Healing's recast will be 5~8 seconds. Not 100% on the exact because it may have waited for cure V's recast instead of overcuring with cure VI, so I'll test a few more times to be sure.

had no attachments equipped for the stormwaker testing, but vivi/damage/optic/ark, scanner/tactical/manabooster/tranq, mana tank/mana converter/heatsink/stealth screen (basically my typical SS build, plus TP for the sake of curiosity) for the soulsoother testing.

Also, tested with both: you can't force addle on anything without MP, same as silence. Additionally, is anyone else feeling like they fucked with the maneuver priority set up? I can't get anything I KNOW works to work, and the fact that the puppet prioritizes Poison II over Slow now is aggravating me.

My stormwaker enfeeble order vs pots, and dolls (birds it opened up with a nuke after casting stoneskin despite the bird having > 75% HP, but it was close so I'm considering it a fluke) was something like:
    Poison II -> Slow -> Blind -> Silence -> Paralyze -> Addle (Silence and Addle were only against pots, but they WERE in those positions. Additionally, a wind maneuver could NOT force silence against pots, but DID force slow. I'm gonna play with it some more, but it feels like they fucked something up.
    (1)
    Siren Server since 2004

Player
    Ok here some of the testing I have done with pdt attachments against 1000 needles

95 pup
    Valoredge
    Attachments Armor 1 Armor 2 Analyzer
    0 earth mav 332
    1 earth mav 296
    2 earth mav 255
    3 earth mav 205

Attachment Armor 2
    0 earth mav 355
    1 earth mav 330
    2 earth mav 304
    3 earth mav 279

Tested both against many 1000 needles numbers came up the same all the time note both these tests only had those attachments listed and no outside pet pdt gear.
    (1)

Character
    Sylvya
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Has anyone got to test if a cure is started to cast on you, is it cancelled when a mob dies? I know this sorta irritated me the few times it happened.
    (0)

Player
    yes it still stops casting if the mob dies
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    So with stout servant on none ve frame with non armor plate, 1000 needle starts at 466 (6.8%<---- means we got rank 2 at 95 ).... what is ves additional bonus? I want to say it was 10 or 15 %.

Either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizersan View Post
    Ok here some of the testing I have done with pdt attachments against 1000 needles

95 pup
    Valoredge (-12? pdt innate +6.8 stout servant 2 = 18.8)
    Attachment Armor 2
    0 earth mav 355 - 29% pdt (-10.2% pdt)
    1 earth mav 330 - 35% pdt (-15% pdt)
    2 earth mav 304 - 39.2% pdt (-20% pdt)
    3 earth mav 279- 44.2% pdt (-25%pdt)
    Once i find the innate out for VE ill update the main post
    (1)
    Last edited by Dfoley; 10-30-2011 at 09:22 AM.

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast